4 x 800

cricket

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anything under 8mins would be amazing, each guy would have to run sub 2mins pretty much ....which is impossible almost

825651997[/snapback]

It is far from possible. There are numerous teams all around the country that can break 8:00. Just look @ the national rankings from previous years on dyestat. In 2003 Tn had 3 teams run under 8:00: Mcminn, Baylor, and Bearden.

Last year my team made state while only running 8:27 @ sectinals. So if you are just wanting to make it to the big show it will mostly depend on how fast the teams in your section are. I would say that 8:10 will be fast enough to compete for the 4x800 state title in AAA this year.

Edited by runnerboy

the 8 min barrier for boys is tough but not impossible and you don't have to go out of state. last year 3 AAA teams qualified for state with 8:02 and 8:04's. in 2003, the top 2 were 7:55 and 7:57 and the 2002 winner was 7:53. state record 7:44. in A-AA, the best time last year to qualify was 8:18 and the last team was 8:54.

It is far from possible. There are numerous teams all around the country that can break 8:00. Just look @ the national rankings from previous years on dyestat. In 2003 Tn had 3 teams run under 8:00: Mcminn, Baylor, and Bearden.

Last year my team made state while only running 8:27 @ sectinals. So if you are just wanting to make it to the big show it will mostly depend on how fast the teams in your section are. I would say that 8:10 will be fast enough to compete for the 4x800 state title in AAA this year.

825652458[/snapback]

actually, at sectional last year ya'll ran 8:22.12 to our 8:22.10

• 2 weeks later...