AAU Teams in Mid TN

Is there a list or can someone provide a list of some of the girls AAU clubs in middle TN? My daughter has just turned 8 and is developing into quite a player . She has played city league for past two years and dominated and she is working with private instructor as well, as many of the girls do now days. It is obviously too late to get on an AAU team for this year but are there summer leagues for her age and who are some of the area clubs that have good AAU programs for next year in 9U age bracket?

Thanks for the help. We are new to the area and would appreciate all you lady hoopsters' help.

Is there a list or can someone provide a list of some of the girls AAU clubs in middle TN?  My daughter has just turned 8 and is developing into quite a player .  She has played city league for past two years and dominated and she is working with private instructor as well, as many of the girls do now days.  It is obviously too late to get on an AAU team for this year but are there summer leagues for her age and who are some of the area clubs that have good AAU programs for next year in 9U age bracket?

Thanks for the help.  We are new to the area and would appreciate all you lady hoopsters' help.

825652535[/snapback]

Hoopsdaily,

There are so many clubs in middle TN that it would help if you could tell us what part of the middle TN you are located...North, Middle, South. What large town is closest?

Thanks and welcome to Tennessee Girls Basketball!

Is there a list or can someone provide a list of some of the girls AAU clubs in middle TN?  My daughter has just turned 8 and is developing into quite a player .  She has played city league for past two years and dominated and she is working with private instructor as well, as many of the girls do now days.  It is obviously too late to get on an AAU team for this year but are there summer leagues for her age and who are some of the area clubs that have good AAU programs for next year in 9U age bracket?

Thanks for the help.  We are new to the area and would appreciate all you lady hoopsters' help.

825652535[/snapback]

Could you give the county in which you live? There are so many good programs in middle TN.

825652535[/snapback]

Last year when I started looking, I contacted Peanut Cummins, the TN Director for AAU, and he emailed a list of AAU teams to me. He was very helpful. I just decided on a certain distance that I was willing to travel and called all the teams within that distance. Thank goodness we ended up on a great team!

His email is peanut@tngirlsbasketball.com or 423-566-5167. (You can visit www.tngirlsbasketball.com.)

As well, you can check the Sports section of the Tennessean and it lists teams that are looking for players.

Finally, some other options are to contact the Director of your city league or your PE teacher. They might have some leads for you.

By the way, it isn't too late for any of the teams to add a non AAU member if they aren't going to the State or Nationals. She could just join a "travel team" or an AAU team that didn't make it to the State.

Hope this helps and good luck!

825652535[/snapback]

I too have looked for a team for my 14 year old. Didn't know where to turn. I have also been looking for a private instructor. Can you give me any leads? She will be starting with her High School team in June but I would like to develop her shot and I think a private instructor is the way to go. Thanks for any Help.

I too have looked for a team for my 14 year old. Didn't know where to turn. I have also been looking for a private instructor. Can you give me any leads? She will be starting with her High School team in June but I would like to develop her shot and I think a private instructor is the way to go. Thanks for any Help.

825653719[/snapback]

We used Karen Booker, former Vandy player, WNBA player. She also coached and is currently a ref. The last cell phone # I had for her was 406-2216. She was really good and everyone since has complimented my daughter on what a beautiful shot she has. If you can't reach her there, she used to give lessons at the Williamson County Rec Center in Franklin. They may be able to give you a better #. Their # is 790-5719.

Good Luck!

825653719[/snapback]

If you want the best and are anywhere close to Nashville, contact Jerry Meyer. You will not find a better one on one instructor. You can most likely get him at Unapproved Website. I wish you the very best.

HOOPS TO YA!!!!!

kw

Thanks for all the feedback.  We live in Murfreesboro but are willing to work with teams within a 40-50 mile radius.

Thanks for the help!

825654635[/snapback]

Hoopsdaily:

Since you live in the 'boro one team you should look into is TN Team Pride. They are based out of Hooptown in Smyrna. www.hooptown.net or www.tennesseeteampride.com

They have teams from 9u to 16u and are always competitive in every age group.

Good luck!