Nashville Substate

Because the Thunder's coach new the Ballerz 17's would beat the Thunder 16's to a pulp after the way the Ballerz 16's got screwed...

The Thunder Coach cussed out two Midstate Ballerz 16's players after the game, and the 17's were ready to run up the score against the Thunder in the title game, so the Thunder Coach chickened out, WASTED EVERYONE'S TIME, disrespected the game of basketball, and wouldn't put his starters on the floor...

Ballerz 85, Thunder 48 (Halftime- Ballerz 62, Thunder 33)...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the Thunder's coach new the Ballerz 17's would beat the Thunder 16's to a pulp after the way the Ballerz 16's got screwed...

The Thunder Coach cussed out two Midstate Ballerz 16's players after the game, and the 17's were ready to run up the score against the Thunder in the title game, so the Thunder Coach chickened out, WASTED EVERYONE'S TIME, disrespected the game of basketball, and wouldn't put his starters on the floor...

825663111[/snapback]

hey jeremy you sound pretty upset!who is going to the state tourney in memphis?17u

Edited by CUJO

Looks Like the Mid-state Ballerz have two 17's teams in the state. Looks like they will make a pretty good run . Looks like the Select team has some very good guards. Who are they? there not from nashville are they. That team looks to lack a big man, But are very quick. The Elite Seems to have the height,and are very good. those two teams together would be dangerous.

Edited by RimRecker

Looks Like the Mid-state Ballerz have two 17's teams in the state. Looks like they will make a pretty good run . Looks like the Select team has some very good guards. Who are they?  there not from nashville are they.  That team looks to lack a big man, But are very quick. The Elite Seems to have the height,and are very good. those two teams together would be dangerous.

825663174[/snapback]

The Midstate Ballerz do have two 17U teams in the state. I agree, it looks as if they will make a pretty good run. The Elite team has more height and have already proven to be one of the best AAU/Traveling teams in the state this summer.

Going unnoticed though is the Select team. The Select team is starting to play more tournaments, but it looks as if they will play the bulk of their tournaments in July. Jonathan Dye and Jordan Dixon (Clinton High School) are two of the better guards in the state outside of Nashville and when you put them with other solid guards/forwards from Middle Tennessee, it makes for a pretty good Select team. The Select team brings a lot of quickness, ballhandling ability, and court savvy. It should be an interesting state tournament, but I would be shocked if the Elite did not walk away with the championship.

why should the thunder coach risk getting his starters hurt, when he can rest them in a game that doesnt matter.and another thing he could of been doing was trying to see the rest of his players that do not play much play in a real game and not just at practice, but it looks like they didnt get much of a chance with the teams holding the ball.

why should the thunder coach risk getting his starters hurt, when he can rest them in a game that doesnt matter.and another thing he could of been doing was trying to see the rest of his players that do not play much play in a real game and not just at practice, but it looks like they didnt get much of a chance with the teams holding the ball.

825663429[/snapback]

This game matters because the placement in the sub-state determines what pool you get placed in when they group teams in the state. I've never known a championship game to be meaningless. I would consider games meaningless when the outcome of the game has no barrings on how you get seeded in the playoffs or next round, which means you have clinched and can't do any better or worse.

I have much respect for the talent at most all age levels within the Thunder organization especially 15 and up. They have some top notch kids and really good parents. The administration and some of their coaches are arrogant and it is starting to filter down to some really good players. That was indicative in the fight that broke out in the tournament in Gallatin. The Thunder staff have oftentimes talked degrading to parents and children inside and outside of the organization during this tournament that were trying to do nothing more than come and enjoy a good basketball game. Congratulations to all of the Thunder players and those coaches that so respect for the game and the position that they are in. Those others need to learn they have an obligation to the youth that play AAU sports to teach them more than just AAU basketball.

This game matters because the placement in the sub-state determines what pool you get placed in when they group teams in the state.  I've never known a championship game to be meaningless.  I would consider games meaningless when the outcome of the game has no barrings on how you get seeded in the playoffs or next round, which means you have clinched and can't do any better or worse. 

I have much respect for the talent at most all age levels within the Thunder organization especially 15 and up.  They have some top notch kids and really good parents.  The administration and some of their coaches are arrogant and it is starting to filter down to some really good players.  That was indicative in the fight that broke out in the tournament in Gallatin.  The Thunder staff have oftentimes talked degrading to parents and children inside and outside of the organization during this tournament that were trying to do nothing more than come and enjoy a good basketball game.  Congratulations to all of the Thunder players and those coaches that so respect for the game and the position that they are in.  Those others need to learn they have an obligation to the youth that play AAU sports to teach them more than just AAU basketball.

825663482[/snapback]

AFO,

THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING!!!

If this was the case wouldn't all their players be jumping ship and leaving for different organization. Since you don't know!!! A high majority of the players involved in the Thunder organization have been involved within the organization for two or more years. Some you thought would leave because of you, which wasn't the case! Some you thought would attend Houston with you which they didn't!

THE PROOF!!!

15U team-11 out of 14 returnees (minus you, and two others that chose to something different).

16U team-12 out 14 returnees (one playing with another team, one chose to play football only).

17U team-8 out of 12 returnees (one rejoin the team recently, one is a All-State football player and chose to focus on it, the other two chose specialize camps).

The way I count it, that's somewhere around 80%.

The 9U thru 14U teams returnee's % are even better. So, with your post does this mean that 80% of these parent's and player's are WHAT! But, since you where not a coach or involved in the organization you wouldn't not know. BTW, 90 percent of the coaching staff returned too.

NOW LET'S COMPARE!!!

How many different AAU basketball organization have you been involved with over the last five plus years?

2005 SE Elite, 2004 Tennessee Thunder, 2003 Collin's Tigers, 2002 your own (special reasons), 2001, 2000, and Jr. Pro. just to boot.

So, who has the better TRACK RECORD!!!

Now, for the so call fight in Gallatin. You wasn't there! If you where, you would have known their wasn't one. Not one punch was thrown, just a few teenage kids on both teams getting excited trying to prove their manhood.

These two team played each other this weekend in a hard fought battle in which the Thunder happen to win. The players and coaches on both teams have a great deal of respect for each other and have had an ongoing rivalry for at least five years with no other incident. AFO, since you also don't know, when you spread gossip and hearsey it would help if you had the FACTS! But since you have no CREDITABILITY I understand.

JUST A THOUGHT

Your bitterness is not only with the Tennessee Thunder organization it's within yourself. Maybe, some stability in you life would help you. Anyway, I compare your jealousy and hatered to cancer. Hopefully, one day there's a cure.

Edited by NewsAlert

825663111[/snapback]

Come on jeremy, you don't even want to play the championship game but SEAAU said you had to. Thunder has never been on coacht talking bad about your program are any others. And we never will! What ever the beef is. Sit down and talk about it. Don't come on coacht and bad mouth our program. AAU basketball is the business we both play in. Business men sit down and talk not post. Lets stop posting like the player and talk like business men. Because, I hope we have the same goal. "HELPING KIDS GET IN SCHOOL"

Edited by kj23

KJ,

Why would you get on here after I spent time last night clearing things up with Coach Merritt, and we both decided to drop things??? Why rehash bad feelings, and call me out on here, after I tried to leave things on peaceful grounds last night with Merritt???

Secondly, of course I didn't want to play anymore in that Crooked tourney, at 4:20pm, with the Title game not till 7:45!!! Mike would not move the game up, so I tried to see if we could leave. We found we could not, so when asked if we wanted to play the game seriously, I said "YES", since our 17's were having to wait around 5 hours (since their game ended at 2:30) for the title game... We came ready to play, and you guys rolled over...

Thirdly, I would not have even posted on here about the catastrophe that was your substate, had one of your kids not gotten on here running his mouth about us and one of our players in particular. You don't see my kids posting on here, do you???

And to "help kids get into school", like you say you want to do, which implies you have the kids' best ineterests at heart, then why did you not move the title game up, as my parents were begging, so my kids could get there homework done and get to school well-rested the next day??? It's supposed to be about the kids first...

Now I want to lay all this mess to rest. I thought I did so last night with Coach Merritt, until I saw your post this morning. I'm finished with it, and it's time to move on.

KJ,

Why would you get on here after I spent time last night clearing things up with Coach Merritt, and we both decided to drop things??? Why rehash bad feelings, and call me out on here, after I tried to leave things on peaceful grounds last night with Merritt???

Secondly, of course I didn't want to play anymore in that Crooked tourney, at 4:20pm, with the Title game not till 7:45!!! Mike would not move the game up,  so I tried to see if we could leave. We found we could not, so when asked if we wanted to play the game seriously, I said "YES", since our 17's were having to wait around 5 hours (since their game ended at 2:30) for the title game... We came ready to play, and you guys rolled over...

Thirdly, I would not have even posted on here about the catastrophe that was your substate, had one of your kids not gotten on here running his mouth about us and one of our players in particular. You don't see my kids posting on here, do you???

And to "help kids get into school", like you say you want to do, which implies you have the kids' best ineterests at heart, then why did you not move the title game up, as my parents were begging, so my kids could get there homework done and get to school well-rested the next day??? It's supposed to be about the kids first...

Now I want to lay all this mess to rest. I thought I did so last night with Coach Merritt, until I saw your post this morning. I'm finished with it, and it's time to move on.

825663946[/snapback]

Jeremy, I am so happy that you talk with Coach Merritt. Thats why I write the post. Remember this, Our players are kids and kids will be kids. But, if you empty a pillow case of feathers on a porch and a gust wind comes along and blows all the feathers away. Do you think you can retrieve each single feathers? Well of couse not! Its the same thing when you post untruths! You will never be able to get all it back!