Restrictor Plate Racing?

muffin

Guest catfish-hunter

Personally I HATE IT!!! The driver makes absolutely no difference during the race and if one guy happens to slip up during the middle of the race, then he takes out about 20-25 other guys who simply have nowhere to go. That's not racing but instead it's a sytem where NASCAR wants to keep all of the cars equal where they all have a legit shot to win the race. Even a car like Jeff Gordon had on Sunday, which was awsome, is not much better than a guy like Martin Truex Jr. (who races a limited schedule as of now).

I like the short tracks (Martinsville, Bristol, and Richmond) the best because those are places whih the car setup and the driver makes a huge difference. The guy who can get out front and work lapped traffic the best & kepp their nose clean while doing so are the best cars at short track racing. I am also a huge fan of road course racing. The drivers who can get through the gear box best heading into and coming off of those many winding corners are the ones who are best at those places (Sear's Point & Watkins Glen). Those five tracks above all of the others on the circuit are where the DRIVER makes the difference in the outcome of the race.

The question I have for you all is where will Little E win now that he is no longer the king of restrictor plate racing??? Jeff Gordon, love him or hate him, has won four out of the last five plate races and at Daytona on July 2 I expect that it will be five out of six.