Who's The Best 16u Team In State

:blink: AIRFORCEONE  I AGREE HOW DO YOU THINK THE STATE WILL BE FOR THE 15 UNDER THE REFS SHOULD COME FROM ANOTHER COUNTY BECAUSE THE REFS DOWN IN NASHVILLE ARE WELL KNOWN AND SOME WILL BE VERY PARTIAL.

THUNDER WILL HOST THE STATE AND THE PRESIDENT WILL MAKE BRACKETS SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO :lol:. ITS GOING TO BE VERY INTERESTING TO SEE HOW THE BRACKETS WILL BE, BUT FOR ANYONE WHO HAS COACHED AAU AND HAS MADE IT TO THE STATE SHOULD KNOW HOW THE BRACKETS SHOULD BE. COMING OUT OF THE EAST,WEST NORTH AND SOUTH AND COACHES SHOULD KNOW WHICH SEEDS SHOULD MATCH UP SO I HOPE THUNDER GIVES EACH TEAM A FARE SHAKE AND DO THE BRACKETS THE RIGHT WAY. thumb  thumb

825663314[/snapback]

Hooptime the brackets for the AAU state is set by SEAAU. Thunder has no control of it. Format changes each year. Like #1 east, #1 south, #2 north, and #2 west in one pool & #1 north, #1 west, #2 south, and #2 east in the other pool. Thats how it works.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GB32, I have much respect for the talent at most all age levels within the Thunder organization especially 15 and up. I agree with you that their team is one of the best 16 year old teams in the state.  They have some top notch kids and really good parents. The administration and some of their coaches are arrogant and it is starting to filter down to some really good players.

Hooptime, I think the SEAAU should be booking the referees for the sub-state and state tournaments or at least be aware of what referees have been booked to assure no conflicts of interest.  Regardless of what city or organization hosts the Nationals, AAU books the referees for the tournament.

825663566[/snapback]

TRUE... SEAAU SHOULD BE BOOKING THE REFS....THAT WOULD CANCEL THE THOUGHT OF "HOME COOKING" IF THEY WERE BROUGHT IN BY AAU....EVEN IF THEY ARE-- SOME PEOPLE ARE STILL GOING TO THINK ITS SOME HOME COOKING INVOLVED.... SO REALLY THERES NO WAY AROUND IT.... JUST GOING TO HAVE TO PLAY BALL...ROCK AND ROLL TIME BABY....SHOWTIME.......HARD-WOOD CALLS BOYS......60FT BABY.....JUMP-BALL......LIGHTS-OUt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOOPTIME......WE DO KNOW HOW THE POOLS SHOULD BE COME TIME FOR STATE.......

thumb

HOOPTIME...... WE

GB32, I have much respect for the talent at most all age levels within the Thunder organization especially 15 and up. I agree with you that their team is one of the best 16 year old teams in the state.  They have some top notch kids and really good parents. The administration and some of their coaches are arrogant and it is starting to filter down to some really good players.

What you perceived as arrogant, 80% of the people perceive as being confindent.

But, since you are neither you wouldn't understand. As I stated in your other post. You are just bitter, jealous and a hater. Why did you quick coaching? Is it because lack confidence in yourself and your ablilties to do so.

Hooptime, I think the SEAAU should be booking the referees for the sub-state and state tournaments or at least be aware of what referees have been booked to assure no conflicts of interest.  Regardless of what city or organization hosts the Nationals, AAU books the referees for the tournament.

825663566[/snapback]

Once again AFO,

You should obtain facts before you post. Your ignorance is starting to define you as a person. Let's say the SEAAU book the refs, and let's say they come from across the state. Who's do you think will pay for their lodging and transportation?

The teams will. So, instead of paying the normally entry fee you are looking to pay $500.00 plus dollars to enter a sub-state. So now, do you see why when you advance to the Nationals the enter fee is what $600.00 dollars or so. BTW, the proper people are aware of who's refereeing each game, therefore you should not the facts for posting.

Once again AFO,

You should obtain facts before you post. Your ignorance is starting to define you as a person. Let's say the SEAAU book the refs, and let's say they come from across the state. Who's do you think will pay for their lodging and transportation?

The teams will. So, instead of paying the normally entry fee you are looking to pay $500.00 plus dollars to enter a sub-state. So now, do you see why when you advance to the Nationals the enter fee is what $600.00 dollars or so. BTW, the proper people are aware of who's refereeing each game, therefore you should not the facts for posting.

825663957[/snapback]

You know NewsAlert, I don't get into passing judgement on these post because of my professionalism, I just report the facts. Check my track record. When did I say anything about bringing anyone in from across the state? Never. The SEAAU has direct contact locally to book local referees. It's been done before. And BTW, yes the SEAAU are aware of who referee these games by name, but there are no checks, no disclaimers, and requirements to report anything in place to insure that those names are not related to names on any one team's roster. So whose being ignorant, because no where in any sport other than some little league operation is it acceptable for a father to referee his son's game and that is exactly what happened in one of the Thunder's sub-state games. This is not the YMCA. This is AAU basketball. There are rules that govern who can coach what players to assure no conflicts at the high school levels in this association for fairness in competition during school play and summer play. There are rules that govern the players that play in this association. And there are rules that govern the officials in this association. NO ORGANIZATION SHOULD VIOLATE THE INTEGRITY OF THOSE RULES. If I'm wrong about that then I will stay ignorant and leave you with all the intelligence about this topic.

Once again AFO,

825663957[/snapback]

Oh yeah, when you respond to my last post can you provide me and the subscribers to the post with a few facts of your own...

Did they (the Thunder) or did they not allow one of their player's father to referee a sub-state qualifier?

Did they or did they not know that the referee was one of their player's father?

If they didn't know, did the father not know that was his son playing?

If the father didn't know that was his son, did the son know that was his father referee-ing?

Is that acceptable by AAU competition rules?

and then you can give us your opinion...

Is that acceptable by you?

The viewers would like to know... (to be continued)

Edited by AirForceOne

Thats a LIE none of the refs were a players father.Mid-State is just mad cause we beat them.And the only thing they can do is hate.All i have to say is DON'T HATE THE PLAYER OR THE REFS HATE THE GAME.

825664236[/snapback]

Look here sister-gigglie-LIE-Dirty-3, I mean mr.gigglefly33, quit co-signing for you boy LoserLert, I mean NewsAlert. I don't have any reason to hate the player or the ref. I actually like them both and have much respect for them, that's why until this point, I haven't done any name dropping. But I can't stand for someone to insult my integrity (calling me a lie and saying I'm ignorant) without knowing the facts themselves. I happen to know that the referee Les is Don the player's stepfather. I have know reason to hate on either of them because I like them. Les is a class ref and calls games as he sees them, but why would the Thunder administration even go there to have him call a game his son plays in. The Thunder adminstration has referees on staff. They know Les well. They know their players well. You two need to check the paperwork next time you're in the Thunder office and quit fronting on Coacht.com. Les and Don wake up at the same address every morning and lay down at the same address every night, unless something has changed since yesterday morning. Check the mother's name on the player's birth certificate and the wife's name on the marriage certificate. If SEAAU had the appropriate information on the refs calling these games they would see that the two addresses are alike. Even though Les is as fair as it comes, why would the Thunder pull some mess like that. Anyway I'm through with this post unless you can post some facts to disclaim this. It wasn't my game and it wasn't my team, and anyway they still lost that game, so I really don't care. Just understand I do my coaching inside and outside the line, so you wouldn't be able to pull that crap on me. I'm seasoned. It was in the 16-U sub-state tournament the Thunder hosted a month ago at Goodpasture, go do your homework, and then turn it in to me when your done. Otherwise, keep down the noise. Sorry to whom I offended because I had to name drop, but I felt obliged to shut some mouths. This post was about something other than this anyway. I like the Thunder team. Just know you won't be able to pull the wool over my eyes. Good luck to them in the tournament.

Look here sister-gigglie-LIE-Dirty-3, I mean mr.gigglefly33, quit co-signing for you boy LoserLert, I mean NewsAlert.  I don't have any reason to hate the player or the ref.  I actually like them both and have much respect for them, that's why until this point, I haven't done any name dropping.  But I can't stand for someone to insult my integrity (calling me a lie and saying I'm ignorant) without knowing the facts themselves.  I happen to know that the referee Les is Don the player's stepfather.  I have know reason to hate on either of them because I like them.  Les is a class ref and calls games as he sees them, but why would the Thunder administration even go there to have him call a game his son plays in.  The Thunder adminstration has referees on staff.  They know Les well.  They know their players well.  You two need to check the paperwork next time you're in the Thunder office and quit fronting on Coacht.com.  Les and Don wake up at the same address every morning and lay down at the same address every night, unless something has changed since yesterday morning.  Check the mother's name on the player's birth certificate and the wife's name on the marriage certificate.  If SEAAU had the appropriate information on the refs calling these games they would see that the two addresses are alike.  Even though Les is as fair as it comes, why would the Thunder pull some mess like that.  Anyway I'm through with this post unless you can post some facts to disclaim this.  It wasn't my game and it wasn't my team, and anyway they still lost that game, so I really don't care.  Just understand I do my coaching inside and outside the line, so you wouldn't be able to pull that crap on me.  I'm seasoned.  It was in the 16-U sub-state tournament the Thunder hosted a month ago at Goodpasture, go do your homework, and then turn it in to me when your done.  Otherwise, keep down the noise.  Sorry to whom I offended because I had to name drop, but I felt obliged to shut some mouths.  This post was about something other than this anyway.  I like the Thunder team.  Just know you won't be able to pull the wool over my eyes.  Good luck to them in the tournament.

825664320[/snapback]

NICE!!!! thumb

NewsAlert,

I am with the SE Elite organization; I would like to respond to your last post. Not to get involved with your discussion with Airforceone but to talk about the eligibility of the Alabama kids. Your information on that subject was not complete.

Consider the following.

We were told in January that Alabama kids could not play in Tennessee. After reading all the AAU rules we confirmed that Alabama and Tn are the same district and any team from Alabama and Tn could have as many players from each state as they wanted. This is not even a cross boundary issue it is the same district.

We made multiple calls to AAU to find out if they would enforce their own rules or if there was some unprinted rule that we needed to be aware of. AAU officials told us repeatedly that Alabama kids could play in Tn.

Later other AAU people told us there were special rules in the SE district by-laws that prevented Alabama kids from playing. We ask for a copy of these but they were never produced.

After more research we found that AAU prevented any district from making a rule that was more restrictive than the national rules on eligibility. After reading this we ask AAU "even if there was a rule on eligibility made by a district could it take precedence over the national rules" since there own rule book said it could not. This question was never answered!

To sum this up we were given a major run around and keep getting different messages from AAU officials. At the last moment AAU issued an advisory ruling that said this was not an eligibility ruling but and administrative ruling and Alabama kids could not play in TN. This happened 1 hour before our sub-state game, after kids had already traveled from Alabama to participate in the Tn substate.

I must say, this was one of the most unprofessional handlings of an issue that I have ever witnessed. At a minimum AAU should have quickly told us if Alabama kids could play or not and pointed us to the rules. This never happened... (because there were not any rules preventing alabama kids from playing) we were repeatedly told that Alabama kids could play then at the last minute an advisory ruling shows up.

The ruling was not signed by anyone and basically said determining whether or not a player was eligible was not an eligibility issue but and administrative issue. (Really)

I hate to say it but this whole issue seems to have been politically motivated and really puts AAU in a very bad light. It appears that rules can be changed or invented on a whim to serve the political powers that be.

Now consider this… Memphis teams recruit kids from Mississippi and Arkansas. Memphis is always sending teams to middle Tennessee for sub-states and they often win. Additionally Memphis teams pick up the best players from Alabama every year to go to the nationals with them. hmmm....

Middle Tennessee was singled out by this so-called rule that does not exist in print anywhere. I am sure Memphis finds this whole situation extremely comical. They have prevented us from recruiting kids in our own district and they can get kids from other states.

Maybe this is why the shoe company tournaments, YBOA and BCI are doing so well and why AAU continues to decline. I am beginning to wonder if you can get a fair deal with AAU. It seems all rules are made to benefit Memphis.

As far as the Thunder goes Great organization first class all the way...

Thanks,

Edited by btexpress

NewsAlert, I do consider you a friend and respect you as such, so when I respond I’ll be done with this subject. The names that I chose to call you were comical stabs at your and mr.giggliefly33 pen names, that’s all. Your statement, "Your ignorance is starting to define you as a person," is a direct stab at one’s character, as well as mr.giggliefly33’s, "Thats a LIE none of the refs were a player’s father". For whatever reason the organization decided to do it, what I stated was truthful, and an exact account of what took place (a father refereed and son’s game). Under the sanctioned bodies that govern the rules we play by EVERY GAME PLAYED matters, regardless of whether we think they do as fans or not. That’s why we play consolation games for 3rd and 4th place. Regardless of how team rankings turn out based on competition on the court, any one bit of information such as player or coach ineligibility, etc. by the top two teams could result in the forfeiture of a game won that could impact rankings, seed-ings, etc. Those games we consider “meaningless” at that point become meaningful because they could then play a factor in what 3rd or 4th place team advances in the stead of the top two teams that qualified based on competition on the court. SEAAU know this, yet this is not the first time they have chosen not to stick strictly to the rules that govern the organization. I have no issue with you as an individual other than the fact that you’ve insulted my integrity on this issue. Just because SEAAU said the Thunder could do it, doesn’t mean that the rules accept that.

As I have previously insisted in this post, I like the Tennessee Thunder, player, fans, parents, and coaches included, but just like I love my family to death, not everything they do is right. If you ever want to talk about those things then let me know.

My knowledge of what happened in an altercation in Gallatin, was purely based on information from a player and parent who claimed to be involved in the incident.