tullahoma

gk88

Cookeville 3 and Tullahoma 2 in first golden goal overtime. Number 4 seed from District 7 AAA takes down number 1 seed from District 8 AAA. All District 7 AAA for regional final. Tullahoma gets taken out by a team that was supposed to be sitting at home after losing to Riverdale in the district semis but Riverdale (the number 1 seed) has to forfeit because of a JV player playing about 10 minutes in a rec league game on the Saturday before the district tourament begins. Crazy, crazy, crazy ... how things happen!

Cookeville scored early and got up 2-0 off a good break away (first one) and the second the ball just managed to slip out of the keepers hands when he held it..it was crazy. Tullahoma came back to 2-2 at the end of the second half. 2 10 min overtimes..1 golden goal thing...ball bounces around in the back, our "tullahoma refs" who just dont cut it, throws up his flag...and Cookeville walks away winners...very very sad for the entire Tullahoma team. Lots of Crushed hopes...its sad when the players dont determine the outcome of a game...thank you Gerada(sp..sorry). Good job Cookeville. I hope your 6-3-1 tactic works against Blackman thursday. Good luck and God bless.

Sorry my friend, but I was standing on the end and had the same line of sight that the assistant ref had. The ball was clearly in the goal and was cleared from inside the goal. Several of us were there and saw the same thing the assistant saw. It was a good call and the right call. To have not made the call that the ball was in the goal would have cheated Cookeville.

wow ive never seen a 6-3-1 played....do they keep everyone back or are 2 of them wings that go up sum what....that looks like that would annoy the fire out of most offenses

825676225[/snapback]

i have brazil ran something like it in world cup 2002 you pack 3 defenders and a holding midfielder inside the box run your fullbacks down the flanks cross the ball to ronaldo sorry thats me just rumbling

Edited by mjuhb

Cookeville scored early and got up 2-0 off a good break away (first one) and the second the ball just managed to slip out of the keepers hands when he held it..it was crazy. Tullahoma came back to 2-2 at the end of the second half. 2 10 min overtimes..1 golden goal thing...ball bounces around in the back, our "tullahoma refs" who just dont cut it, throws up his flag...and Cookeville walks away winners...very very sad for the entire Tullahoma team. Lots of Crushed hopes...its sad when the players dont determine the outcome of a game...thank you Gerada(sp..sorry). Good job Cookeville. I hope your 6-3-1 tactic works against Blackman thursday. Good luck and God bless.

825676211[/snapback]

Players did determine the game it was a goal.