LaVergne

Cassie King

Lindsey Merritt

Mt. Juliet

Susan Gray

Carly Rush

Regular Season MVP- Casey Teal from Hendersonville

Edited by redbaron515

i don't know this for sure, but i would guess that teal's record of consecutive shutouts right before the end of the season had something to do with her MVP award. and due to rainouts, etc, the district standings totally flipped around in the last week of the regular season. this was probably a difficult decision for the coaches to make--i'm glad i didn't have to vote, because there are 2 or 3 deserving candidates from that district.

My guess is because she got the most votes!

825676687[/snapback]

Teal was deserving of the award. She was very good for HHS all season long. It could have gone to someone from Beech or Wilson Central or Mt. Juliet. This district was very even. In fact if HHS would of have defeated Wilson Central the last game of the season, HHS would have finished 1st and Wilson Central would have dropped to 3rd. That is how even the district was. By the way, congrats to Beech for coming into this season as a underdog and winning the tournament without losing a game. Quite an accomplishment for a team that lost 7 senior starters. Best of luck to them the rest of the way.

Well personally i think it should have went to someone on Beech or Wilson Central since they were 1 and 2.  But i mean who really knows?

825677182[/snapback]

I agree 100%! I do not think that Teal had any better season than Kassi Stanfill or Ashley George and their teams did make it to the district championship. I am sure that Stanfill and George had just as many shut outs as Teal did. I just wonder what they were thinking. I am not trying to take anything away from Teal, she did a great job this year but so did the other 2 girls.

Well personally i think it should have went to someone on Beech or Wilson Central since they were 1 and 2.  But i mean who really knows?

825677182[/snapback]

Why does everyone think the MVP has to come from the team with the most wins.

Why does it seem that only pitchers or seniors get the award.

Again it's not the best player from the best team!!!

District 9AAA is so tough. Any of the first four teams in the regular season could have represented the district in the regions...they were that close. So I can only guess that choosing an MVP was just as difficult a choice. Congrats to Teal for a great year.

We had a M.V.P. that came from the last place team one year in district 9AAA. The coaches voted and this is how the vote came out. Casey, Kassie, and Ashley all had great years. You could have picked a position player from several teams and that would have been a good choice also. The district M.V.P. is voted on before the district tournament and has nothing to do with what place you finish. Kassie got the tournament M.V.P. and was well deserving.

We had a M.V.P. that came from the last place team one year in district 9AAA.  The coaches voted and this is how the vote came out.  Casey, Kassie, and Ashley all had great years.  You could have picked a position player from several teams and that would have been a good choice also.  The district M.V.P. is voted on before the district tournament and has nothing to do with what place you finish.  Kassie got the tournament M.V.P. and was well deserving.

825677485[/snapback]

Thanks for the support HHS51