region 5 finals

jozman

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretenders Club? Ravenwood and Tullahoma got beat by Glencliff and Cookeville. We went down to the number one team in the state. They are a great team and should go on to win state. We weren't expected to win, those other two were so you can't really put group us together with them.

Yes, the Pretender's Cup. You lost to all 3 ranked teams that you have played this year. Yes in 20 games played, you only played 3 ranked teams. Even Clarksville, who was clearly down this year, played 6 ranked teams. Now when you actually play somebody good and beat them, then you can honestly say that you guys are for real. You only beat four teams that have winning records. I understand that you district was weak this year too, but when you go out of district and play teams as weak as Cleveland, White House, and Cookeville, then you should go 16-3-1. When you guys actually schedule the solid schools around your area, like Hendersonville, Brentwood, and Father Ryan, and get some wins, then you can say that you are not Pretenders.

dukefan. i've been following middle tennessee soccer for years and i honestly don't think it is fair to call rossview pretenders. this years hendersonville squad may very well be their best one ever. i watched them play before daniel kelly went to europe and after he came back and there is no question he became a much better player. I've never seen one single player make that kind of a difference in my life. they are a totally different team with him. with him in the lineup i expect to see more scores like 5-0 in the state tournament because hendersonville is hands down better than everyone. now i am by no means a rossview fan but i was at the game and think they are still one of the best 8 in the state. there is just that big of a gap between #1 and #8. Rossview has shown they can play with some of the best teams in their bearden and blackman games, this is their first beating of the year so no i wouldnt say they are pretenders. i think rossview was taken by suprise a little bit ( they gave up 3 goals in a 4 minute span). if they played again, i still think hendersonville would win but maybe only 3-1 or 3-0.

dukefan, all those teams you mentioned us playing were in tournaments so we had no control over playing them. that was not our choice the tournament director decided who we played. we only played 3 games this year outside of the district and those two tournaments and those were against one local team, mount juliet, and smyrna. we scrimmaged hendersonville and were scheduled to scrimmage brentwood, but that was cancelled. we scheduled the teams we could schedule and played who we were told to play in tournaments.

dukefan.  i've been following middle tennessee soccer for years and i honestly don't think it is fair to call rossview pretenders.  this years hendersonville squad may very well be their best one ever.  i watched them play before daniel kelly went to europe and after he came back and there is no question he became a much better player.  I've never seen one single player make that kind of a difference in my life.  they are a totally different team with him. with him in the lineup i expect to see more scores like 5-0 in the state tournament because hendersonville is hands down better than everyone.  now i am by no means a rossview fan but i was at the game and think they are still one of the best 8 in the state.  there is just that big of a gap between #1 and #8.  Rossview has shown they can play with some of the best teams in their bearden and blackman games, this is their first beating of the year so no i wouldnt say they are pretenders.  i think rossview was taken by suprise a little bit ( they gave up 3 goals in a 4 minute span).  if they played again, i still think hendersonville would win but maybe only 3-1 or 3-0.

825678538[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree with captainmorgan, Hendersonville with Kelly are just too good. Rossview also could not handle the speed that Hendersonville throw at them and the coaching in my opinion was suspect at best. The Rossview coach did not seem to try to change the speed tide by adding players with speed at the beginning of the second half (I don't think that they have noone with speed on their bench, they may have less skill, but if your skilled players can't run with anyone on the other team they are not going to do much, especially forwards). One player in particular that was playing up top didn't seem like he was even willing to run hard to try to take the ball. Unless, this team is just a one year wonder they have to have some players on their bench, so my advice to their coach is to find the players with speed, know what the other team has (you guys scrimmaged them, they live less than an hour away, you had to expect to see them if you made it) and practice speed, which I'm sure you could talk to the track coach for some advice on building up speed. In conclusion, I was disappointed about how Rossview played I thought they were able to compete better than they did.

Actually, I am playing college soccer. I just like to keep up with high school soccer throughout the state and noticed a lot of talk from Rossview, so I thought i would check them out. I know the game better than any of you guys, and I started for my club team with some of the biggest names in Tennessee soccer (Aaron Doyle, Derek Radcliffe, Matt Herbstritt, Matt Bogan, Harrison Kizer, and Matt Blair) just to name a few, so dont talk to me about sitting on my butt and bashing Rossview. In 3 years of college soccer, I am 12 goals away from having my school's career scoring record. I hold the single season scoring record at my high school too, where i was named All-State my senior year. I was just stating that until Rossview actually beats someone solid, they should not think that they are anything special. If they beat Brentwood on Saturday, then they can have all of the bragging rights in the world, and I will be the first one to congratulate you.