state champs

soccermadness

Beating ranked A/AA or DII teams doesn't mean much.

825680140[/snapback]

I'd have to agree with you with respect to A/AA with the exceptions of FRA and CAK, both of which can play with anybody. You are flat wrong with respect to DII. DII is, and has been for at least 5 years, the strongest soccer division in the State. Last year the only AAA team in the state that could play with the top 5 or 6 DII teams was Farragut. No one else even came close. This year, like every year, the DII teams have buried the AAA in head to head games with the single exception of Bearden.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are flat wrong with respect to DII.  DII is, and has been for at least 5 years, the strongest soccer division in the State.  Last year the only AAA team in the state that could play with the top 5 or 6 DII teams was Farragut.  No one else even came close.  This year, like every year, the DII teams have buried the AAA in head to head games with the single exception of Bearden.

825680189[/snapback]

Hoya, when you are right, you are right. D II has some awesome teams. To say that beating teams from D II doesn't mean much, is just wrong.

Hoya, when you are right, you are right.  D II has some awesome teams.  To say that beating teams from D II doesn't mean much, is just wrong.

825680293[/snapback]

i agree DII teams are very good this year and most others and if you play them its definitaly a quality game

You need to look harder than just schedule and records. Factor in opponents W-L-T records, number of games actually played, goals scored, goals allowed, and goal differentials. That would give you toss-ups all over the place, if you really look at it objectively. Although my biased money is on Brentwood, I think Houston, McMinn and Bearden could be MAJOR obsticles for the mighty H'villers, should they get far. Just as Farragut and Blackman will be for Brentwood. On paper, I do think Bwood will have an easier time getting through than Hville. I don't think Gtown will get far as they have been beaten soundly by a few of the final 8 in regular season. After that it's anybodys game.

825680053[/snapback]

Exactly. Hendersonville, 18-2-1. With opponents like Brentwood, PARKVIEW, rossview, father ryan, they've had almost as big of a scheduale as anyone in the state. Granted, they haven't played farragut or bearden. 21 games played. 10 goals allowed, no more than one a game, except for once where they allowed a whopping 2, and they've had something like 72 goals of their own. To me, thats quite a good record. Mcminn County. Where has their "Big competition" been? Hendersonville. Farragut has played Father Ryan, with the same score as hendersonville, bearden and oak ridge. All top teams. Seeing the central and the west meeting, should be intresting. Different competition. I personally see Farragut vs. Hendersonville in the finals. And I don't see any blow outs really.

Edited by tiger09

Any match-up you can come up with between Brentwood, Hendersonville, Farragut, and Bearden will not end up with anyone "rolling over" anyone!! That's absurb to even think! Any game between any four of those teams is going to be close, very close! Comparatively...all four teams faired pretty equaly against the similar opponents! How can you look past that? This year's tournament pool is too equaly matched for anyone to be "sure" a certain team will win! Don't count McMinn or Blackman out either! This year the talent is running very deep!

did you just state that bearden lost to rossview? b/c if you did you are mistaken and should look things up before you state them. who has brentwood played? why should they be ranked 2nd? i dont know. but i believe they will be beaten by farragut in the first round. yes it will be a great tournament.

825680157[/snapback]

I did look it up but just made a typing mistake. I meant to say, "only beat Rossview 1-0." Thank you for pointing out my error.

seems like evryone is picking hendersonville out of that side. does anyone think they could get upset before the finals if yes by who and what do u think theg likly hood of taht happening is?

825680320[/snapback]

I am 100% Hendersonville. BUT i could see Farragut beating them in the finals. If Hendersonville isn't 100% there. I think the boys will be though. And, if Farragut WAS to win, I don't particularly consider it an upset. Both teams are great, as well as Brentwood, Bearden, Houston, Mcminn, ect. But if it was to be Farragut vs. Hendersonville, it would be blood and guts..and a bit of a toss up.

I am 100% Hendersonville. BUT i could see Farragut beating them in the finals. If Hendersonville isn't 100% there. I think the boys will be though. And, if Farragut WAS to win, I don't particularly consider it an upset. Both teams are great, as well as Brentwood, Bearden, Houston, Mcminn, ect. But if it was to be Farragut vs. Hendersonville, it would be blood and guts..and a bit of a toss up.

825680425[/snapback]

I am a bit puzzled by the awe over Farragut right now.

Edited by bhs007