whats happening in huntingdon

blue50

My, My! 10,000 hits before the season even starts. This squad is ready to go. It'll be tough each week. What do some of you think will be the key to the season. I know traditionally Mike likes to get through the season with home field advantage but even that will be quite an undertaking. I think we have some quality players but lack of depth concerns me. I said earlier in this thread that if wins are a result of hard work then the Mustangs will be in good shape. I've talked to several that went to both scrimmages and they thought we were in better shape than the other three teams we faced. What's your thoughts on the season? Steady boys...

Mustang Football! It's not a feeling but a way of life! :P

Edited by Mr. Mustang

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team is coming along nicely. Maybe a little battle weary from all the long 2 adays, hard practices and scrimmaging. But as soon as those lights come on on friday night and the fans are in the stands they are going to remember what all the pre season hard work is for and the horses are going to be ready to stampede. Lets shoe them up and get going. I think they are going to be an exciting team thumb

Has Ced been dressed out at practice yet? He is becoming a very vocal leader of the linemen and even though he is talking from the sidelines I believe he could do more stimulation of the others from the trench. Also, how are the recieving corp doing with capturing the ball and not letting it sail through their hands?

MUSTANG PRIDE

Stang Fan... I was out to practice this afternoon for a short time and Cedric was not on the field. I understand he was in the field house getting therapy. I doubt if he'll dress out in the jamboree. Like all teams I think the recievers probably need more work but we have another week to work on it. My knee still be hurtin'... :D

Will Huntingdon be in position to make it back to the Title game?

825717742[/snapback]

I think they can but it will be tough on which team makes it out of this side. Big unknown in region 8-AA. Memphis Carver seems to be the dominant team there. In region 7-AA there will be Westview, Milan and Huntingdon as the top three this year in my eyes. The winner of 7 and 8 will have to face probably the winner of Goodpasture or Camden in the semi's to go back to M'Boro.

Huntingdon will field another strong squad but we'll just have to see. Survival will be the name of region 7-AA. I see the region winner going down to the last game and then be decided by a tiebreaker. It will be that tough down here.

We all know that Alcoa will have one of the strongest teams in the state this year but I sure would like the see Mustangs play them again this year. Good luck and hope you play injury free.

There continues to be a lot of interest in Huntingdon Mustang Football.  I noticed over 10K visits to this string alone.  Any truth to the rumor Crocker will be throwing the ball 30 times every Friday night?

825718481[/snapback]

I for one would be shocked to see Huntingdon throw that many times with the stacked backfield the possees. I would however look for Huntingdon to shock a few people with some downfield action later in the season or even as early as the Westview game. Remeber folks Huntingdon is and will always be a power football team that loves to run with the ball. Very few schools will match up with the speed we posses this year. All we can hope for is that we are injury free this year and that our coaching staff have our boys prepared. From what I've seen and heard conditioning won't be the problem!! :ph34r:

There continues to be a lot of interest in Huntingdon Mustang Football.  I noticed over 10K visits to this string alone.  Any truth to the rumor Crocker will be throwing the ball 30 times every Friday night?

825718481[/snapback]

Surely you had a typo and didn't mean to put the zero behind the 3 right? :ph34r:

Edited by Mr. Mustang

Surely you had a typo and didn't mean to put the zero behind the 3 right?  :lol:

825718591[/snapback]

Me again Marvin-sorry I haven't been around for a while-know you missed me-just have more important things going on. Mr. Mustang-sounds like you have alot of faith in your QB, do you think your running backs may have 30 carries a piece?.............I know, I know us boys down here in big H-town like to run it up the middle-whoda thunk it-but not to think that your guy running the show doesn't have enough in him to make 30 passes-grant you that's far fetched but so is thinking he is only capable of 3 passes-I had the wonderful opportunity to watch last years playoff game in my recliner and during that last game that boy threw more than he probably did the whole second half of the season and did a pretty fine job. Now you are saying he may be good for 3 passes a game? Never faired well in math but that 1 and 1 just don't add up to 2.Are we fair weathered or do we just like to stroke the backs of the right ones? So much wasted talent on defense and offense just to make a bunch of parents happy-can honestly say FOR THE FIRST TIME-that I'm glad my boys have been put out to pasture and I have no horse in this race-too much politics-get the pun there Mr. Mustang? hahaha-don't matter who you are you know that's funny-GIT HER DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mama always told me it didn't look pretty talking out of both sides of your mouth-kinda has that bells palsy look ya know. Good Luck Mustangs on Friday night hold your head up and know that it takes each of you to complete the team. And if you had enough mind to-try not to read this crap on this site,we are just a bunch of old has been's still trying to be. :lol::o:lol: