43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

As for picks:

1) Smyrna

2) Wilson Central

3) Lebanon

4) Whoever's gonna play Cookeville in the first round of the playoffs

5) Lavergne

6) TIE - Oakland, Blackman, Siegel (HEIL!)

7) Riverdale - this is the year to GET EM!

825697254[/snapback]

That is almost as funny as the thread about Alcoa vs R'dale! :D

While R'dale may not be as powerful as last year, there is NO way they are gonna finish LAST! Like the commercial says, 'And you can take that to the Bank!'.

As to 'Daryl', why would R'dale even need him? They have 4 QB's already! :lol:

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is almost as funny as the thread about Alcoa vs R'dale! :D

While R'dale may not be as powerful as last year, there is NO way they are gonna finish LAST!  Like the commercial says, 'And you can take that to the Bank!'.

As to 'Daryl', why would R'dale even need him?  They have 4 QB's already! :lol:

825697270[/snapback]

Daryl is what you would consider a utility player. The fella can play can many positions, not just Quarterback.

My life would be fulfilled if i ever saw Riverdale miss the playoffs, much less finish last in the region

Well kind Dr., the news about Daryl came from Daryl himself. The story goes........ Rankin called him and offered him safe passage at RHS. According to his conditions to be re-instated on the OHS team, he had to pass all classes and attend workouts with the 8th graders. He was consistent at practices,but he failed two classes. And doing so thereby voided their " contract." I wish Daryl the very best life has to offer him. He is a good athlete and a great kid.He is very well-liked by everyone, and has done OHS proud on the field. We will miss him at OHS , but hope he has a fabulous senior year wherever he ends up. thumb

Well kind Dr.,  the news about Daryl came from Daryl himself.  The story goes........ Rankin called him and offered him  safe  passage at RHS. According to his conditions to be re-instated on the OHS team, he had to pass all classes and attend workouts with the 8th graders. He was consistent at practices,but he failed two classes. And doing so thereby voided their " contract."  I wish Daryl the very best life has to offer him. He is a good athlete and a great kid.He is very well-liked by everyone, and has done OHS proud on the field. We will miss him at OHS , but hope he has a fabulous senior year wherever he ends up. thumb

825697295[/snapback]

The 'clone' has not promised him 'safe' passage! :D

He still remembers him from the summer before his Freshman year and was NOT impressed. The 'clone' expects EVERYONE to give 110% and be straight while they are doing it. Anything less and he tends to get angry and will forcefully express his displeasure during the one on one drills.

As for 'Coach Rankin' making a phone call, I do NOT think so. Coach Rankin will NOT beg anyone to play for him. He has way too many begging him to play already without looking for trouble. No one can circumnavigate TSSAA rules on grades that I know of. I may be wrong......it has happened before. :lol:

Looks like the intensity is starting to pick up. Things should really start to come into focus next week as the dead period ends and everyone starts to pick it up a notch.

I was really surprised when I went by Siegel the other day. The field is on its way. What looked completely impossible just over a week ago looks much more promising now. Riverdale may be looking at a buzz saw the first two weeks of the season.

My picks before we head into the fall (where lots of things can change).

1. Riverdale (solid)

2. Smyrna (solid)

3. Wilson Central (stock falling)

4. Lavergne (stock rising)

4. Siegel (stock rising)

6. Oakland (could move up or down)

7. Lebanon (could move up, maybe way up)

8. Blackman (may do better than expected)

Will Darryl Smith be this year's CJ Powell?

Losing DS, for whatever reason, is a pretty big blow for a rebuilding OHS team.

Will this be Lavergne's year? They have a really good shot if they can get the right mental attitude. They have a lot of players and good talent returning. They take a big deduction for being a perennial head-case but still wind up tied for 4th in the region.

I think it is 31 days until the first scrimmage.

TDC...you have to have some scoop on Lavergne to make such a prediction as you did. Do you think having Hester back in the coaching mix may be the missing ingredient?I know that there was internal squabbling last year in the coaching ranks. Maybe the offender is now out?? No clue... I do have a source pretty close to the situation......and he just isn't feeling your prediction.

I am going to say that wherever OHS ends up coming out in the mix of this season.....our kids will fight hard every game, never give up, and other teams will know they were in abattle physically against a well-disciplined team. And I will be proud of every one of them. thumb

Has Smyrna gotten all their coaches hired now? I hear Shadowens will be the DC now and Carson from FC will be the OC. Any more additions??

What about Blackman? Did they get everyone hired as well?

Seems like all the schools had some coaching additions and some losses. Wonder how they will all play out?

TDC...you have to have some scoop on Lavergne to make such a prediction as you did. Do you think having Hester back in the coaching mix may be the missing ingredient?I know that there was internal squabbling last year in the coaching ranks. Maybe the offender is now out?? No clue... I do have a source pretty close to the situation......and he just isn't feeling your prediction.

I am going to say that wherever OHS ends up coming out in the mix of this season.....our kids will fight hard every game, never give up, and other teams will know they were in abattle physically  against a well-disciplined team. And I will be proud of every one of them. thumb

Has Smyrna gotten all their coaches hired now? I hear Shadowens will be the DC now and Carson from FC will be the OC. Any more additions??

What about Blackman? Did they get everyone hired as well?

Seems like all the schools had some coaching additions and some losses.  Wonder how they will all play out?

825697494[/snapback]

I realize that it is a little bold, and probably crazy, to predict big things for Lavergne. Still, even my lofty prediction is only tied for 4th in an eight team race.

They have some good linemen returning and they have a couple good backs returning. They have good numbers of both seniors and juniors. They played some really good halves of football last year but tended to fold in the face of adversity. A lot of their issues last year were mental..and youth. They also had some serious injury hits. With a little luck and the right attitude I think they can do it. If not this year, when? In 2006, the region is going to be extremely strong.

Looks like the intensity is starting to pick up.  Things should really start to come into focus next week as the dead period ends and everyone starts to pick it up a notch.

I was really surprised when I went by Siegel the other day.  The field is on its way.  What looked completely impossible just over a week ago looks much more promising now.  Riverdale may be looking at a buzz saw the first two weeks of the season.

My picks before we head into the fall (where lots of things can change). 

1. Riverdale (solid)

2. Smyrna (solid)

3. Wilson Central (stock falling)

4. Lavergne (stock rising)

4. Siegel (stock rising)

6. Oakland (could move up or down)

7. Lebanon (could move up, maybe way up)

8. Blackman (may do better than expected)

Will Darryl Smith be this year's CJ Powell?

Losing DS, for whatever reason, is a pretty big blow for a rebuilding OHS team.

Will this be Lavergne's year?  They have a really good shot if they can get the right mental attitude.  They have a lot of players and good talent returning.  They take a big deduction for being a perennial head-case but still wind up tied for 4th in the region.

I think it is 31 days until the first scrimmage.

825697465[/snapback]

Im not gonna blast your prediction but I will point out this: Oakland did just fine without Daryl during Spring practice when he didnt even participate in a single snap. Losing Daryl hurts, but not as much as it appears