Who has the Best Cross-Country Team?

Mr.Midfield

isn't MUS a DII school?

cause FRA is A/AA

my rankings for A/AA

1. FRA

2. Page (remember they beat Elizabethton)

3. Elizabethton

4. CCS

5. CPA

my thoughts on these teams... I've seen them all in action

1. FRA - it looks like they've peaked with an average time of 17:15.... they're #5 guy ran like a 17:50..... I think they've peaked. lots of teams do for the TN classic

2. Page - this is a team to watch for. they are extremely quick and have the fastest A/AA runner.

3. Elizabethton - this team is always good so just plain watch out

4. CCS - this team is LOTS better than anyone thinks... they aren't close to peaking... so make sure you watch out for them

5. CPA - they've got some stuff to work on... but they will be up there by the end of the season

alright...this is Josh Jaynes. im runnin in the one spot 4 etown...i just want u to know before u go crazy that our three man was out that race....sprained ankle...so page beating us meant nothin....it was only 5 points. have some of that...lol. but i aint trying to make waves. im just sayin u cant get to cocky yet.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright...this is Josh Jaynes. im runnin in the one spot 4 etown...i just want u to know before u go crazy that our three man was out that race....sprained ankle...so page beating us meant nothin....it was only 5 points. have some of that...lol. but i aint trying to make waves. im just sayin u cant get to cocky yet.

alright thats fine with me. Page is usually faster than Elizabethton at TN classic rather than state....

the ccs runner that finished #5 in the race nearly died between mile 1 and 2. and it wasn't because of going out too fast. he's usually about 5 seconds slower than the #1 guy. thats a lot of places that need to be modified. at the end of the year e-town will be faster than FRA... so will ccs

So it will definently be CCS and E-Town 1 and 2 in whatever order it comes out

what year are you?

Elizabethton will be there come state count on it with their team in full health now..they are not even close to peaking..slow start to season for EHS but being from the east i can tell you they are better than a team only supported by 1 runner when elizabethton could be looking at a 1,2 finish with adam green and josh jaynes.

it looked to me at the TN classic that FRA peaked... now I might be wrong but I think their second peak will be slower.... we shall see

page is a lot faster than normal.... they have the fastest runner in A/AA so far

e-town is plain quick... with the #3 coming back they will be the top team in the rankings until state

and ccs- nobody expects anything from this team... and I'll give you a heads up for next year. DON'T expect anything from this team. they won't be in contention next year.... they've been doing some speed and other hard workouts lately.

the freshman dropped 10 seconds from a 16:52 to a 16:42 in time trials at practice.... so expect the next 3 mile to be around a 16:40 for the next race... this team is getting faster by the day.

Yall arent given anyone else a shot. yea etown is good but dont hand out that trophy just yet. i dont think fra has peaked quite yet, i think they have a little more dropping to do. i guess we'll find out if they or some other team can stop the etown bandwaggon

oh yeah... I'm not handing out the trophy... It's going to be a close one between etown, fra, page, and ccs

any of those 4 can win.

5 years ago the runner up lost by 4 points... so anything can happen!

get to work guys!

alright guys, here are the cold hard facts. I am david mcdaniel. i ran for eliz. in XC and track. i finished 8th in the state last year in XC and 3rd in the 800. i now run at ETSU.

There are A LOT of good teams in a/aa. FRA...FRA is the tradition. they have an indisputable dynasty. CCS ALWAYS has a good team finishing in the top 5 almost every year at state, they also have consistency. I know nothing of Page except that they have a VERY talented runner in Joseph Pair. All these teams are definitely in the running, and E TOWN definitely needs to SHUT THEIR MOUTHS and just run (yeah thats you, josh and adam).

the facts.

Adam green is talented. he finished 2nd last year by a step to Longstreth. The boy has guts and can run when it counts. He always shows up when he's needed the most. 2 time all- stater. and a fine soccer player.

Now, for Josh. Josh's times might not reflect how talented he actually is. None of you have ever run with him, but josh is like my brother. We practically live together. I've run every step with this boy since his freshman year. HE HAS TALENT> A LOT. Josh's potential is well in the 14's. youre lookin at a distance runner that can run a 51 in the 400, and go well under 2:00 in the 800. His speed is unbelievable. If he had the guts that adam has he would be unbelievable, but josh is a sissy and he might not ever fill his potential. lol sry bro.

etown has 2 awesome runners, but the rest are inconsistent and questionable. So, that means that their state title chances are questionable.

however i do predict that it will be: Josh jaynes, Adam Green, and Joseph pair at the top of the podium this year. In what order i do not know, but they will be there.

as for josh and adam: shut up and run.

Edited by track800ehs

Houston is good at like every sport

Combined Championships and Runner-up for AllSports

School Count

Baylor 112

Brentwood Academy 77

Dobyns Bennett 55

Father Ryan 54

Montgomery Bell Academy 52

Christian Brothers 52

Farragut 51

Oak Ridge 51

Girls Preparatory School 50

Brentwood 42

Harpeth Hall 42

Bradley Central 41

David Lipscomb 38

Memphis University School 37

McCallie 36

Germantown 35

Science Hill 31

Goodpasture 28

Memphis Central 28

Houston 28

Jaw822> There's about 20 schools ahead of Houston who are good in all sports.

Edited by rigger101

FHS has had an Individual or a Team as a Champion every decade since the 70's. The longest they been without a X-C Champion or Champions is 4 years. I would say that is a strong program.

Farragut CC History

Girls Cross Country 2002 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 90 Percy Warner

Girls Cross Country 2001 Class AAA Individual Runner-Up Jessica Jansen 18:34 Percy Warner

Girls Cross Country 2001 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 84 Percy Warner

Boys Cross Country 2001 Class AAA Individual Champion Andy Baksa 15:02 Percy Warner

Boys Cross Country 2001 Class AAA Team Champions 50 Percy Warner

Boys Cross Country 2000 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 72 Percy Warner

Boys Cross Country 2000 Class AAA Individual Runner-Up Andy Baksa 15:36 Percy Warner

Boys Cross Country 1999 Class AAA Team Champions 79 Percy Warner

Boys Cross Country 1998 Class AAA Individual Champion Andy Baksa 15:28 Percy Warner

a

Boys Cross Country 1996 Class AAA Individual Runner-Up Eric Bell 15:25 Percy Warner

Girls Cross Country 1996 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 90 Percy Warner

n

Boys Cross Country 1992 Class AAA Team Champions 60 Percy Warner

Girls Cross Country 1992 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 97 Percy Warner

Girls Cross Country 1991 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 70 Percy Warner

Individual Champion Chad Starliper 146 Horton

Boys Cross Country 1990 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 97 Percy Warner

Girls Cross Country 1990 Class AAA Team Champions 49 Percy Warner

Girls Cross Country 1988 Tea m Runner-Up 50 Percy Warner

Girls Cross Country 1987 Team Champions 77 Percy Warner

Boys Cross Country 1986 Team Runner-Up 81 Percy Warner

Boys Cross Country 1984 Team Runner-Up 71 Percy Warner