Chattanooga Central

pounderman4life

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what does everyone think about the pounders and how they will do this season? Will they turn some heads or will they be just another team that wastes their time on the field.

825705430[/snapback]

...With the new coaches and several starters gone from last year on both offense and defense, I'd say it will take a couple years for Central to reach the level that it had in 2003 (when they were 4-0 starting the season)...that's just my opinion and observation.

Fri Aug. 19 Baylor (Big loss i am worried it will kill there motivation)

Fri Aug. 26 McMinn Co. ( Loss)

Fri Sep. 2 at Red Bank R (loss)

Fri Sep. 9 at Ooltewah (Loss)

Fri Sep. 16 Hixson R (WIN)

Fri Sep. 30 at Cleveland R (Loss)

Fri Oct. 7 Rhea Co. R (WIN)

Fri Oct. 14 at White Co. R (LOSS)

Fri Oct. 21 Walker Valley R (WIN)

Fri Oct. 28 at Brainerd R (LOSS)

The pounders will be 3-7 in a rebuilding year but with Hard work and movtivation they can turn the Red Bank,White Co,Brainerd games into wins and have a 6-4 season i blieve it will all depend on how they handle loseing there first game to Baylor. Oh and i am glad to see they no longer have to play tyner.

Oh and i am glad to see they no longer have to play tyner.

825705578[/snapback]

...I don't know why this sentence was made!!!...Tyner is a tough opponent and also was developing into a "rivalry" game...the booster clubs at both schools enjoyed the $$$ from this match-up and also the fans because the schools are only separated by Hwy 58 & Hickory Valley Road...Baldcoach said : "scheduling tough opponents is necessary to improve"...and I will add to that quote that "sometimes losing helps to make you a better and a closer team"...so my question to bradleybears is: what was your reasoning behind that statement???

saw central practice today, they have some talent, but not enough quality numbers. Hopefully they can build that this year with young players. One player that i thought would make a big impact this year for central was Lorenzo Meadows. Is he still on the team? I know he broke his ankle early in the year last year and was on tract to have a great season. I remember his soph. season when he was absolutly a stud. I think he has the talent to play big time college ball. so, i was just wondering if anybody had any info on him. As with how the pounders will do, they will have a tough year due to their schdedule. dont be surprised if they knock somebody off that they are not suppose to!