no more coach?!

brassmonkey

as many know whh lost their beloved principle art crook to station camp. :ph34r: i was very upset when i learned this but i know he did it for his family and i respect him for that. as some of you know..if you know who this.. is i deeply love cross country and track. running is my life. but recently i found out our coach is gone too. so now we are track and xc coach-less what are we going to do?! i and another teammate plan on still practicing through out the year, but we will still be heart broken over our absent coach! if our coach is not replaced is there anything we can do about it? is it possible to be able to run for another school? i know some people at erhs run for the springfield track team... i just hope we arent forced to run for the blue devils..that would be even worse..no offense.....

as many know whh lost their beloved principle art crook to station camp.  :ph34r:  i was very upset when i learned this but i know he did it for his family and i respect him for that.  as some of you know..if you know who this.. is i deeply love cross country and track. running is my life. but recently i found out our coach is gone too. so now we are track and xc coach-less what are we going to do?! i and another teammate plan on still practicing through out the year, but we will still be heart broken over our absent coach!  if our coach is not replaced is there anything we can do about it?  is it possible to be able to run for another school?  i know some people at erhs run for the springfield track team...  i just hope we arent forced to run for the blue devils..that would be even worse..no offense.....

825706678[/snapback]

if i understand the rules correctly, since you all have had those programs recently, you could not run for another school unless you actually moved into another school district and transfered. however, you can still compete as long as you have a school faculty member that would be willing to go to the meets with you and be present at the competitions to represent you. your best bet would be to talk with your athletic director who could get all the answers through tssaa. good luck and hope you can get it worked out.

Edited by coachlj65

as many know whh lost their beloved principle art crook to station camp.  :blink:  i was very upset when i learned this but i know he did it for his family and i respect him for that.  as some of you know..if you know who this.. is i deeply love cross country and track. running is my life. but recently i found out our coach is gone too. so now we are track and xc coach-less what are we going to do?! i and another teammate plan on still practicing through out the year, but we will still be heart broken over our absent coach!  if our coach is not replaced is there anything we can do about it?  is it possible to be able to run for another school?  i know some people at erhs run for the springfield track team...  i just hope we arent forced to run for the blue devils..that would be even worse..no offense.....

825706678[/snapback]

Will one of the parents step up and help coach the team? There are parents and relatives that have coached teams and kids to State Championships.

Good Luck! It's a great sport that requires lots of heart.

I'm sure the Heritage AD has plans in store. Steps were taken to get a volunteer coach through the TSSAA mandated training in case such a circumstance arose. Heritage's XC team will be very competitive this year as it has been in the past. The realignment of regions will mean they will have to be on top of their game.

First you will not be a blue devil since it is in another county, secondly if you love to run just run and make yourself better and not worry about the coach, I am sure you will have coach and be able to compete. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND KEEP RUNNING!!!

Edited by kappy

i ran into the a very similiar problem at Hixson High School last year when our coach moved to RB(and is not CC at Bryan or Covanent, i forget which) but, our school was left without a CC and because of budget cuts the principal told me that i could run as an individual (and not qualify for district/state) but the school could not even get a volunteer coach. We have a new principal this year so i will try again this year but, i doubt we will have a team.

+tor

• 2 weeks later...