8 David Lipscomb

9 Siegel

10 East Ridge

11 Page

12 Hillsboro

13 Hunters Lane

14 Brentwood Academy

There will be 7 courts in use at BHS, BMS, and BA

Matches start at 10 AM on Fri., 9 AM on Sat, & Noon on Sun.

See the website for the complete schedule.

I'll be there every day observing all the teams and will try to have reports each night.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some partial scores from Friday's play:

10:00 - Siegel over Page 3-0 (25-12, 25-17, 25-16)

10:00 - East Ridge over Hillsboro 2-1 (25-16, 25-20, 11-15?)

Noon - Brentwood Academy over Page 2-0 (25-17, 25-14)

2:00 - Page over Hunters Lane 3-0 (25-15, 25-19, 15-9)

2:00 - Siegel over East Ridge 2-1 (25-15, 25-?, ?-15)

4:00 - East Ridge over Page 3-0 (25-17, 25-17, 15-7)

4:00 - Harpeth Hall over BGA 2-0 (25-17, 25-23)

Of the above teams that I saw, I was most impressed with Siegel. They had good height and had some great kills. #20 Smith, I believe, is a 14 year old soph who will be a great player in the future as well as the present. East Ridge's #22 Laura Brock also looked good with some great outside kills. Taylor Parrish of Harpeth Hall appeared to also have a great game, but I was watching that match while Page was playing East Ridge so I didn't watch it closely. I heard that Brentwood had a dominating win over Centennial and that Independence played well too.

There will be several good match-ups tomorrow including:

9:00 - Harpeth Hall vs David Lipscomb

11:00 - Brentwood vs Siegel, Page vs Independence

1:00 - Brentwood vs East Ridge, Harpeth Hall vs DCA, Blackman vs Siegel, BGA vs Page

3:00 - Independence vs Siegel, Brentwood vs Page

5:00 - DCA vs David Lipscomb, Independence vs East Ridge

Page struggled some today going 1-3, but should play better tomorrow. Our passing was good, but some kills needed more power and we had too many unforced errors. I was encouraged that things will be better once the regular season starts.

Thanks Pageman I have one up there playing on the Pioneers team. Believe one or our best players was out due to softball. Just wandering what your thoughts about how you think we played and if we might have a chance to go to state and make some noise? Thank you again for your time and effort in reporting.

dougw, East Ridge looked pretty good. They are very quick and have good vertical jumps. As I stated earlier, Laura Brock had great hitting from the outside off of good sets. While ER is not as strong as some past teams I've seen, they are a good bet to make the state. Coach Neely always gets the best out of her players. I also saw Christina Haskew there watching her little sister - it was good to see her there supporting her former team now that see has graduated. I'll try to watch them today (Sat.) if they are playing on an adjacent court when Page is playing.

triathletemom, I didn't really watch the JV games that closely so I can't really comment on those games. I know there had to be some good ones there so I'll try to pay more attention today. Since there is very little break time, I had to eat during the JV games and stretch my legs.

Partial Results from Sat. play:

9:00 - Hillsboro over Page 2-1 (25-16, 25-21, 12-8) 3rd game reached time limit

9:00 - Independence over Blackman 3-0 (25-12, 25-16, 20-16) " " " "

11:00 - Independence over Page 3-0 (25-15, 25-23, 11-9) 3rd game reached time limit

11:00 - Harpeth Hall over Centennial 3-0 (25-15, 25-22, 13-8) " " " "

1:00 - Page split with BGA 1-1 (25-23, 24-26)

1:00 - David Lipscomb over Hunters Lane 2-1 (25-14, 20-25, 15-13)

3:00 - Brentwood over Page 3-0 (25-7, 25-13, 25-21)

3:00 - Independence over Siegel 2-1 (25-15, 25-22, 15-10)

5:00 - Page over Blackman 3-0 (25-19, 25-23, 9-8) 3rd game reached time limit

5:00 - BGA over Siegel 2-1 (25-23, 17-25, 11-3) " " " "

I believe Brentwood has won all their matches so far and has a record of 9-0. They have wins over Harpeth Hall, Centennial, DCA, David Lipscomb, BGA, Siegel, East Ridge, Page, & Hillsboro - I think. Brentwood will attempt to sweep with matches with Blackman, Independence, Hunters Lane, & Brentwood Academy scheduled for Sunday starting at noon.

Of the teams I saw today, I was impressed with Independence and Brentwood. Their match on Sunday should be a good one. It starts at 2:00 on court 2 in the main Brentwood gym.

Siegel did not play as well as they did yesterday as they had at least 2 losses and will face Harpeth Hall, David Lipscomb, DCA, & Centennial on Sun.

I did not see East Ridge play today as they had Brentwood Academy, BGA, Brentwood, David Lipscomb, & Independence with a known loss to Brentwood. If anybody knows how they did against Independence please post.

Page now stands at 2-6 with a split with BGA and will face DCA, Centennial, Harpeth Hall, & David Lipscomb on Sun. In defense of Page, they have only 10 total players which forces some varsity players to participate in the JV games. It has taken a toll as the players are tired by the end of the day. Hopefully, the noon start time on Sun. will give them some time to rest.

Here are some partial results from Sunday's play:

Noon - DCA over Page 2-1 (15-25, 25-14, 15-13)

Noon - Hillsboro over David Lipscomb 2-1 (26-24, 20-25, 5-3) Gm 3 hit time limit

2:00 - Centennial over Page 2-1 (17-25, 25-23, 10-7) Gm 3 hit time limit

2:00 - BGA over Hunters Lane 2-0 (25-17, 25-12)

2:00 - Brentwood over Independence 2-0 (25-17?, 25-?)

4:00 - Harpeth Hall over Page 2-0 (25-9, 25-14)

4:00 - East Ridge over David Lipscomb (25-16, 25-14, 15-7)

6:00 - Page over David Lipscomb 1-0 (30-25)

6:00 - Harpeth Hall over Hillsboro 1:0 (25-6)

Note that the 6:00 matches were 1 game only as all the teams were tired.

I heard that East Ridge defeated Independence yesterday in the late match.

I assume that Brentwood went undefeated so they appear to be the team with the most wins. I'm not sure about the other teams but it appears that East Ridge finished strong along with Harpeth Hall. Independence played well the last two days and I believe I heard they split most of their matches on Friday. Siegel started out strong on Friday, but I believe they did not have good matches yesterday & today - maybe clifford20 could supply some details. Page ended up 3-9-1 as we were down to 9 players today. We played well in our first two matches against DCA & Centennial, but were no match for Harpeth Hall's Taylor Parrish. We ended on a postive note by winning against David Lipscomb, but I heard from a parent that they may have had some players out because of a senior trip.

I would like to thank Brentwood Coach Barbara Campbell and all their parents for all the hard work they did. The food was great. Most of the officiating was done by former Brentwood players and, in my opinion, they did an excellent job. They were the only officials in most matches and did a good job calling the lines from the chair. It was a well run camp with most, if not all, of the matches starting on time. I know that all involved were really tired toward the end and I appreciate the effort that all, including the players, made to make this a succesful camp.

What a great playday. 3 days of solid Volleyball.

My impressions coming away was that Brentwood is still Brentwood and Independance is very good. I have not seen Franklin play yet but I have to think that they will come out of that district if it happened today. What a loaded district again, the top 4 or 5 of that district is better then the best team in 90% of the other districts in the state.

Siegel was really up and down but ended on a strong note in my opinion.

They played well against Centinial and DCA but not so good against Harpeth Hall..although HH played well.

Siegel probably ran 10 different line ups in 3 days...or more. So that really affects the way a team plays. I think most teams did that this weekend so some of the ball was inconsistant because of it.

The middles for Siegel really played well this weekend, as well as their right side.

It is going to be very interesting to see how this team improves.

By the way Siegel's JV team looked Very good. A good sign for the futre stars.

A warning to all...look out for Independance for a long time to come. Very young and very good.

Thanks for your comments, clifford. These camps are used by the coaches to try different lineups and substitutions so it is hard to really tell how most teams will play during the regular season. Also some teams were missing players for various reasons, so that also affects how the teams looked. I know that when Page played Brentwood, the Bruins only used their starters for one game and used 2nd or 3rd string players the remainder of the match. I assume that most other teams may have done the same provided they had large enough varsity squads. Page has two scrimmages this week at Lavergne on Tuesday and at DCA on Thursday so I'm hoping we will have a full team so that Coach Mindy Stone can determine where areas of improvement are needed.

Players and supporters should not be discouraged at their performance at this team camp as it was a learning experience for both players and coaches. I'm sure that all the teams will show improvement as the season progresses.

A warning to all...look out for Independance for a long time to come.  Very young and very good.

825711646[/snapback]

I agree 100%. As I stated last year, watch the twins from Heritage MS. The Perilli Terror is back, this time there's two of 'em. (Remember: big sis Emily is at Virginia on a full ride) Grace and Tess Perilli are a pair you better watch out for. They are only freshmen, but these girls had beautiful jump serves in 7th grade. I can say that because I saw it myself. Grace was jumping up and making very hard kills over the weekend. Look out for the Perilli Terror!

I agree 100%. As I stated last year, watch the twins from Heritage MS. The Perilli Terror is back, this time there's two of 'em. (Remember: big sis Emily is at Virginia on a full ride) Grace and Tess Perilli are a pair you better watch out for. They are only freshmen, but these girls had beautiful jump serves in 7th grade.  I can say that because I saw it myself. Grace was jumping up and making very hard kills over the weekend. Look out for the Perilli Terror!

825711796[/snapback]

The outside for IHS is the person I would look out for!