Kariya/Lindross in a Preds Sweater?

I must admit the last few days I've been watching one Super Free Agent after another sign switch teams, and I've been thinking to myself "Well, I guess Leopold and Company are going to let this once in a lifetime chance go by because they're too cheap."

Then I hear on two Nashville radio stations that the Preds are in discussions with Kariya and Lindross. The chances of them getting both are very small, but to hear them even TALK about signing players of this stature is mind-boggling.

I think it is IMPERATIVE for the Preds to sign a big name OFFENSIVE player this off-season; one that energizes the fans and the corporate ticket base. Some one that makes hockey stand up and notice that we have a team down here. Heck, if Columbus can sign players, or Atlanta, why not Nashville?

To lose this opportunity would be penny-wise and pound foolish!!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't worried before today mainly because I know our front office is smart. I knew 1) our core returns and they got us to the playoffs when last we saw hockey 2) they'd find some offense for us somewhere and 3) even if we didn't sign a big name this season, we'd be in much better shape than some other clubs for next year's FA frenzy which could be even bigger than this year. Now, it still looks like both could (or in point two, has) happen! If Kariya adds the offensive strike capibility we've needed like he very well should, a long run into the playoffs is certainly possible. That in turn gives us more money which will let the front office open it up a bit more next summer and we'll land another big name if we need it.

This is a G-R-E-A-T time to be a Nashville Predator fan! Y'all better hop on the badwagon before it heads on out to a big ole parade on Broadway! GO PREDS!

This Preds team-IF they go by the new rules and let them play-will look like a 440 relay team on the ice. They have built their team to be speed merchants on offense and defense, and have added some real "get under your skin" types of defense as well. Fast, young, hard hitting-ya gotta love it.

The brass of the Preds rolled the dice on a new CBA, and now are poised to play hockey at a level with anyone in the league.

And condolences to the fans of the Tampa Bay Lightning who now have a "Goalie" Needed" sign on the front door of their offices.

This Preds team-IF they go by the new rules and let them play-will look like a 440 relay team on the ice. They have built their team to be speed merchants on offense and defense, and have added some real "get under your skin" types of defense as well.  Fast, young, hard hitting-ya gotta love it.

The brass of the Preds rolled the dice on a new CBA, and now are poised to play hockey at a level with anyone in the league.

And condolences to the fans of the Tampa Bay Lightning who now have a "Goalie" Needed" sign on the front door of their offices.

825710654[/snapback]

What are the actual possibilties of them signing Lindross? I know very little about hockey, and even less about the Preds. Is there an actual chance this can happen?

What are the actual possibilties of them signing Lindross?  I know very little about hockey, and even less about the Preds.  Is there an actual chance this can happen?

825710786[/snapback]

Very little chance. The Preds have a self-imposed cap that they're likely going to be a bit over once they get all their RFAs signed. I'll take Kariya any day of the week over Lindross though... that's just me. Solomon, you should try to get into the sport. If you get hooked, it'll never let ya go!

Very little chance. The Preds have a self-imposed cap that they're likely going to be a bit over once they get all their RFAs signed. I'll take Kariya any day of the week over Lindross though... that's just me. Solomon, you should try to get into the sport. If you get hooked, it'll never let ya go!

825710912[/snapback]

I was actually a little disappointed over the lock-out last season because I was looking forward to going to a game or two after I moved to Nashville. I've been to a few minor league games in Knoxville and they were a blast.

They say the NHL is a sport you won't even enjoy until you see a game in person, so I am going to give it a fair shot and make a few games this year. And I figure you are right, I will get hooked quite easily.

The Preds got Kariya..... the man they wanted. If we signed Lindross I personally would be disappointed......

The Preds will now sign a few lesser names to add some depth. They have a golden opportunity to make a little noise the next few years while the free spenders figure out a new game plan.

If you haven't been to a hockey game you need to go. Heck, if FHSrebel and I can get along over hockey, then its gotta be a great game. thumb

We can start a Coach T section........ :D

The Preds got Kariya..... the man they wanted. If we signed Lindross I personally would be disappointed......

The Preds will now sign a few lesser names to add some depth. They have a golden opportunity to make a little noise the next few years while the free spenders figure out a new game plan.

If you haven't been to a hockey game you need to go. Heck, if FHSrebel and I can get along over hockey, then its gotta be a great game. thumb

We can start a Coach T section........ :D

825711466[/snapback]

Well, I am going to try to make the Blues game on October. I always considered myself a Blues fan until the Preds came along (the word "fan" means that I would check the standings in the newspaper a couple of times a week to see where they were and then the Preds joined them in the category) so I figure that will be the next one to go to. The problem is that during the fall, all of their weekend games I would go to happen to coincide with a football team about 200 miles east of the GEC that is still my first love.

Edited by Solomon

I will be rooting for the preds except for when they play the blues.  Looks to me like they will be better than my blues this year, but all of those games are exciting no matter what.  I am looking forward to all of them.

825711541[/snapback]

I'm afraid the Blues are in long-term trouble...the Lauries are trying to cut every corner they can since they're selling the team. Hopefully they sell to a local owner.