Grizzlies sign Stoudamire

He's too old.......They needed to get somebody younger........

825712315[/snapback]

Some Grizz fans have been complaining about the increased age of our team in the moves made so far. The problem with the the Grizz up to last year is what they had in youth they gave right back in veteran leadership. Yeah, guys like Eddie Jones, Bobby Jackson, and Damon Stoudamire won't be around forever but that's not why they were brought here. You have to have guys like this who have been "around the block" in the league and have experiance winning in playoff situations. Two years ago Jerry West took a lottery franchise in the Grizzlies and made them a playoff team. Now, after being swept in the 1st round of the playoffs twice it's time for the Grizz to take some risks in order to get better. Besides, one doesn't know what moves are yet to be made. Earl Watson's time in Memphis is up and Lorenzen Wright wants a trade. Who knows.

Here are their stats from the 04-05 season

Damon Stoudamire---15 ppg, Jason Williams--- 10.1 ppg

Eddie Jones--- 12.7 ppg, Bonzi Wells--- 10.4 ppg

Bobby Jackson--- 12 ppg, Earl Watson--- 7.7 ppg ( both players coming off the

bench)

Yes, the Grizz are older but are setting themselves up to be better. The big question is if everybody can stay healthy but that's a question for every team every year. Like I say, it's a risk but I'd rather take age and experiance over last season's youth and disfunction.

Edited by Pantherbert

Bobby Jackson is a great pick-up, a much better player than Jason Williams, who is very inconsistent and out-of-control often. Yeah, he'll throw some nice passes and pull-up and knock down a trey in transition sometimes, but overall Jackson is far better. He and Eddie Jones will fit in well.

Right now Bobby Jackson is better because he is older and wiser...but I think when the both of their careers are done and if J-Will will calm down over the next few seasons, he shall be one of the best in the league...

825714067[/snapback]

For his sake I hope you're right. The thing is Bobby Jackson(32) isn't really all that much older than J-Will( 29...will turn 30 in November) From a point guard standpoint, he knows how to run an NBA offense, dish out the assists and look flashy doing it. Aside from hisill-advised fast-break pull-up 3-pointers, he was a blast to watch and so in terms of entertainment value, he's fantastic in that regard.

However, he had problems in coach Rick Adleman Sacramento which is how he ended up in Memphis to begin with. There was a honeymoon period for a while until he( and Bonzi Wells) had conflict with Hubie Brown and then Mike Fratello.

For his sake, I really hope he grows up and gets his act together becuase he has his best chance yet to get a ring with Shaq and company in Miami.