Alcoa Vs. Hopkinsville

TnFootballfan

BW is not an idiot and that is uncalled for!  He may have been provoked and probley was.

Having been a few moons back around Fort Campbell/Hoptown I can tell you it can be a rough place to grow up around. 

BUT if a player is ejected from a game it will most likely be result in a suspension, anything less is an injustice to the great game.

I am sorry for Warren; I know he wanted to beat Maryville very badly.

825721745[/snapback]

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Warren gets to play Friday. It would be nice to see the 2005 Maryville/Alcoa game played without an asterisk. However, a one game suspension for their top player might be the best thing that could happen to the AHS squad. The criticism of Warren is unwarranted. I'm told he is an outstanding young man, and he has to be dealing with a great deal of pressure. I would say walk a few miles in his shoes before you criticize, but that would be too easy.

Although I didn't see the game Friday, it sounds like Alcoa is Lo Lo Loaded. Shiverdecker gives them a whole new dimension and will make them even harder to stop. They are really going to put the Gaylor/Pinkerton Mojo to the test. How did Lindsey do? I've not read a lot about him in the previous posts.

I hope Warren gets to play Friday.  It would be nice to see the 2005 Maryville/Alcoa game played without an asterisk.  However, a one game suspension for their top player might be the best thing that could happen to the AHS squad.  The criticism of Warren is unwarranted.  I'm told he is an outstanding young man, and he has to be dealing with a great deal of pressure.  I would say walk a few miles in his shoes before you criticize, but that would be too easy.

Although I didn't see the game Friday, it sounds like Alcoa is Lo Lo Loaded.  Shiverdecker gives them a whole new dimension and will make them even harder to stop.  They are really going to put the Gaylor/Pinkerton Mojo to the test.  How did Lindsey do?  I've not read a lot about him in the previous posts.

825721805[/snapback]

I agree with you that some on here have been to hard on Warren, I hope he can playbut don't think he'll be able to. No matter what there will be not asterisk as you have implied that there will be some excuse. Alcoa has an excellent chance to beat the Reb's this year, but with or without BW it will be no easy task. Maryville is not Hoptown. True, Shiverdecker adds a whole new dimension but only one of those studs can carry the ball at a time and Maryville should be able to stop them IMO.

I hope Warren gets to play Friday.  It would be nice to see the 2005 Maryville/Alcoa game played without an asterisk.  However, a one game suspension for their top player might be the best thing that could happen to the AHS squad.  The criticism of Warren is unwarranted.  I'm told he is an outstanding young man, and he has to be dealing with a great deal of pressure.  I would say walk a few miles in his shoes before you criticize, but that would be too easy.

Although I didn't see the game Friday, it sounds like Alcoa is Lo Lo Loaded.  Shiverdecker gives them a whole new dimension and will make them even harder to stop.  They are really going to put the Gaylor/Pinkerton Mojo to the test.  How did Lindsey do?  I've not read a lot about him in the previous posts.

825721805[/snapback]

Asterisk?.......Now that's funny......no...that is hilarious. Maryville will most likely have three starters not play in the Alcoa game so let's put an asterisk beside Maryville. Already have the excuses going just in case don't you.

The difference is the Maryville kids will not play because of injuries suffered in practice or scrimmages.....not much you can do about that. Warren's situation is self inflicted and was avoidable.

Sheeeesh....asterisk.....now that is funny. No....that is pathetic.

The tssaa will investigate. They overturned one of our player's ejection a few years ago.

If it is on film...and he did what has been said...it will be overturned. I think the refs are usually interviewed. Being they are Ky. refs...that's unlikely. It will be interesting to see what happens.

BW is not an idiot and that is uncalled for!  He may have been provoked and probley was.

Having been a few moons back around Fort Campbell/Hoptown I can tell you it can be a rough place to grow up around. 

BUT if a player is ejected from a game it will most likely be result in a suspension, anything less is an injustice to the great game.

I am sorry for Warren; I know he wanted to beat Maryville very badly.

825721745[/snapback]

Wanted to beat Maryville? Your jumpin out ahead of yourself ain't you?

Wanted to beat Maryville? Your jumpin out ahead of yourself ain't you?

825721874[/snapback]

Well maybe, I'm going on what little I know of the situation. The paper said BW was ejected. In most cases that means he most likely won't suit vs Maryville, the next game.

Don't think I care ether way, Maryville will be ready, they normally are.

Well maybe, I'm going on what little I know of the situation.  The paper said BW was ejected.  In most cases that means he most likely won't suit vs Maryville, the next game.

Don't think I care ether way, Maryville will be ready, they normally are.

825721884[/snapback]

Alright already.......this is a great rivalry, one of the best in the country! Every Alcoa player wants to beat Maryville and every Maryville team wants to prevent that from happening. I wanted to 76 (we should have) and had chances the next two years....... water under the bridge. Brandon is a good kid and it would be a shame if he doesn't get to play however this is a team sport so the question is-is this Alcoa "team" good enough to beat Maryville? We have less than six days to find out. Blount County are you ready for some FOOTBALL? I know one person in D.C. is (me)

I was with Brandon at his house tonight about 930 and this is exactly what he told me. He had just pancaked a guy on the play and he was laying on top of the kid. The Hop Town kid was holding Brandon's jersey and Brandon slapped his hands away. After Brandon did that the Hop Town kid grabbed Brandon's face mask with one hand and with the other hand he put it to Brandon's throat and proceeded to choke Brandon, and Brandon retaliated.

All of you people on here are saying what a idiot Brandon is for retaliating, and how you should never do anything like that during a high school football game. Well I would love to see one of you guys getting choked and then not do something to keep the person from choking you. It is a natural human reaction and Brandon was trying to defend himself from a obvious assualt.

This does not put Brandon above the rules by any means. If the rule is there then Brandon should just take his punishment. But any human being would try and free himself from a choke hold no matter the conditions.

If Brandon does play though, then Maryville is in deep deep trouble. Brandon was on the way to one of the best games of his carrer. He already had 2 TD's and 5 or 6 TFL.

You murville fans are so arrogant it makes me want to puke.

"Brandon wanted to beat maryville"....wanted?? So, Alcoa has NO CHANCE to win, huh? Maybe they shouldn't show up? Maybe they should just head on down to the barber shop and hang with losers like you, FBe, and listen to stories from yesteryear, and pray to God that the red rebels and their confederate flag pull out a win this week to save your fragile ego from taking a hit and to spare you the pain of making excuses on here for a year?

After friday, we will see the true colors of you people. You will all act like 100% jerks who HATE Alcoa with a passion after the game. Mark and remember. It will happen.

There were about 50 other players that DIDN'T get ejected from the game Friday. For WHATEVER reason the guy was ejected (SO WHAT if the refs were BS) -- there's no excuse for being ejected from a high school sporting event. period. Retaliation is not a viable excuse at all. Hopefully BW will learn from this and recognize the consequences of defending his pride from now on. I honestly and sincerely hope the absolute best for the guy.

First off, I was at the game last night!! It was by far the hottest I've ever been in my life!! Second, The refs were horrible and shouldn't ever be allowed to ref again!! Third, Brandon should be able to play next week, because from what I saw it was just a little scuffle!! He didn't even throw a punch! At the most he should have gotten a personal foul, but the other kid still played and that wasn't right!!! After the tssaa reviews the game everything will be ok. I've looking forward to next week, and brandon looked like a beast tonight!!! thumb