Ex Notre Dame Coach Predicts Dissappointment

ERA

Maybe Coach Davies was right.

825738909[/snapback]

I wouldnt jump the gun too soon, UAB is a bowl team and a pretty good bowl team! But in saying that we were awful, but then again 2 years ago we almost lost to Fresno St in the opener and two weeks later beat Florida 24-10, so dont go throwing the season away just yet!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come Saturday night all the detractors can either gloat or eat crow. I personally feel good about UT chances vs the Gators--think it's a good matchup for UT and i sure haven't bought in to the Urban legend thing.

I feel good about it, but I ain't scored a touchdown or made a tackle in years.

Can't wait for the game. Hope it's a good one that goes to the wire, although I could take a Gator buttwhuppin.

I repeat, maybe Coach Davies is right. This team plays with no emotion and I personally don't see a leader on the field. I believe this lack of leadership is magnified by the QB situation. I think that there are several players on this team that are playing for themselves only. Oh well, I'm a diehard, but the last several years have been difficult; they are just not that fun to watch right noe. Even when they win, it's ugly.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that everyone now knows that Davies is a moron...how hard is it really to pronounce Clausen if you...

A.) recruited the guy's older brother

B.) have your play-by-play guy next to you saying it correctly EVERY TIME you screw it up...

Ex-Notre Dame coaches should be seen and not heard...i.e. Davies, Lou Holtz, etc...

I see that everyone now knows that Davies is a moron...how hard is it really to pronounce Clausen if you...

A.) recruited the guy's older brother

B.) have your play-by-play guy next to you saying it correctly EVERY TIME you screw it up...

Ex-Notre Dame coaches should be seen and not heard...i.e. Davies, Lou Holtz, etc...

LOL!!!! I know, he was killing me with the way he was saying Clausen!

• 3 weeks later...

Davies looks less and less like a moron as the loses pile up for the vols.

Losses pile up? We have lost 2 games to 2 teams that were ranked in the top 10 when we played them and UT was in position to win both games! If UT is going to be able to turn things around this season and salvage whats left of it, they will have to start this weekend!

Losses pile up? We have lost 2 games to 2 teams that were ranked in the top 10 when we played them and UT was in position to win both games! If UT is going to be able to turn things around this season and salvage whats left of it, they will have to start this weekend!

still, the fact remains that Davies looks less and less like a moron as the loses pile up. UT has at least two more loses coming this year.