Alcoa Vs. Maryville

TnFootballfan

I to am tired of the Brandon Warren subject. The kid will not play because he was ejected---Period! Provoked, justified, home cooking what ever. The rules are the rules.

Next time play closer to home. Let's see 5 hour bus ride, three hour delayed game finishing after 12 Midnight then 5 hour bus ride back home! Day of missed school. IMO it was a stupid scheduling mistake and caused more harm than it did good for a team that is good enough to get a game on the home turf. Play week one vs. Maryville. That is what Coach Reid was trying to avoid, not having a game before the Maryville game. There I said it! It did Alcoa little good playing Hop town.

Now the game. D line Voto, Cable, Tucker, Wood or Killebrew (Killebrew, just got done with baseball but will play, and should) Jackson and Smith will sub fresh at DT's LB's Kimsey, Lawhan and Caylor One of the best groups in the state all classes. Valentine still questionable I think. Secondary Maples, Tallent, Shiver Maybe Arrington not sure, but every one are just as fast as most of what Alcoa will field. Very unsung group but there is no question this experienced group has what it takes to limit or even stop Alcoa. If you think I'm full of it ask Memphis Melrose. Melrose was held to 198 total yards of offence and if you think Alcoa could match up with Melrose this or last year your smoking something. That group had the type athletes Alcoa has never seen and Maryville rairly.

Simple, If Maryville steps it up a notch and Alcoa has any type of mental break down, four or more turnovers, Alcoa will be beat again soundly. The kids at Maryville have never bought into Alcoa's hype, nor have I.

I do think Alcoa has the kids to win the game and man for man they should but will they??? We’ll see Friday night, for now I am out of breath, sorry I got long winded!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I really disagree that Alcoa wasted their time playing Hopkinsville. So often teams play in their region or their "geographical" region and never really experience what it's like to play WAY outside their little bubble. Alcoa's main goal isn't "beat Maryville at all costs." If it were, I would agree with you. But having game experience vs. Hopkinsville, Fulton, and McCallie will eventually yield a more well rounded and appreciative team. This is totally despite whether they beat Maryville or not, that is just a bonus if they beat Maryville. Having played Hopkinsville Alcoa is a better team than they were the week before. In my opinion, with or without Warren that makes a big difference when next week is Maryville.

Coach Reid showed his Class at the end of the game when he refused the timeout one of his kids called from Hoptowns goal line. I was in attendance and clearly anyone coach or fan would be temted to run up the score simply out of frustration do to some of the calls, Alcoa had Ran the ball right down Hoptowns throat most of the second half with power and grace @ will against a tired, hot and very over matched team. The score could have been really ugly guys... All of you down there should be proud of the Maryville and Alcoa teams. I have to drive eight hours to see big time High School ball "you folks have it in your backyard". I'm sure someone from MHS was @ the game watching.... Maybe I'm wrong, but if I'm not "I bet you were very impressed with the the tremendous Depth the Tornadoes have on offense and defense" Good luck #51, Uncle Dan

825723748[/snapback]

I know you are related but before you elect him pope I dont know of many coaches with the possible exception of Buddy Ryan who would have scored another one in that siutaion.

Edited by mhs

I do not think the Appeal will do any good. The evidence that he didn't do it is not on tape. Since it isn't TSSAA will take the KY version and leave it alone. These D-1 prospects are going to have to realize they all have a red X on them any everyone will be out to get them.

TSSAA will not overturn this..

825723760[/snapback]

79 champ. I trying to figure out who you are. I was on that 79 team as well.

We would have been glad to play closer to home but because of 2 county teams that I will not mention dropped us from their schedule and did not have the guts to call us themselves , our AD called them , . we found out in Nov. or Dec. and had to take whatever we could find . Everyone else had their schedule established and we were looking for games while trying to concentrate on the playoffs . Just had to put my 2 cents in .

I to am tired of the Brandon Warren subject.  The kid will not play because he was ejected---Period!  Provoked, justified, home cooking what ever.  The rules are the rules.

Next time play closer to home.  Let's see 5 hour bus ride, three hour delayed game finishing after 12 Midnight then 5 hour bus ride back home!  Day of missed school.  IMO it was a stupid scheduling mistake and caused more harm than it did good for a team that is good enough to get a game on the home turf.  Play week one vs. Maryville.  That is what Coach Reid was trying to avoid, not having a game before the Maryville game.  There I said it!  It did Alcoa little good playing Hop town.

Now the game.  D line Voto, Cable, Tucker, Wood or Killebrew (Killebrew, just got done with baseball but will play, and should)  Jackson and Smith will sub fresh at DT's  LB's Kimsey, Lawhan and Caylor  One of the best groups in the state all classes.  Valentine still questionable I think.  Secondary Maples, Tallent, Shiver Maybe Arrington not sure, but every one are just as fast as most of what Alcoa will field.  Very unsung group but there is no question this experienced group has what it takes to limit or even stop Alcoa.  If you think I'm full of it ask Memphis MelroseMelrose was held to 198 total yards of offence and if you think Alcoa could match up with Melrose this or last year your smoking something.  That group had the type athletes Alcoa has never seen and Maryville rairly. 

Simple, If Maryville steps it up a notch and Alcoa has any type of mental break down, four or more turnovers, Alcoa will be beat again soundly.  The kids at Maryville have never bought into Alcoa's hype, nor have I. 

I do think Alcoa has the kids to win the game and man for man they should but will they???  We’ll see Friday night, for now I am out of breath, sorry I got long winded!

825724236[/snapback]

Bottom line is that Alcoa will not need Brandon Warren. They can win without him on Friday night. This Alcoa team is alot better than what people think. This team rivals the 1989 team which is hands down the best team to ever come out of this area. Maryville has not seen a team with this much talent nor have faced a team with this many D-1 POWERHOUSE athletes. The only way that Maryville wins is if Alcoa beats themselves.

I'd like to see Maryville play the schedule that Alcoa has and go undefeated. They won't because they can't. Brandon Warren deserves to play because the official made a stupid call and if he does play then Alcoa will win big. And as far as Memphis Melrose goes, bring 'em on

Bottom line is that Alcoa will not need Brandon Warren.  They can win without him on Friday night.  This Alcoa team is alot better than what people think.  This team rivals the 1989 team which is hands down the best team to ever come out of this area.  Maryville has not seen a team with this much talent nor have faced a team with this many D-1 POWERHOUSE athletes.  The only way that Maryville wins is if Alcoa beats themselves. 

I'd like to see Maryville play the schedule that Alcoa has and go undefeated.  They won't because they can't.  Brandon Warren deserves to play because the official made a stupid call and if he does play then Alcoa will win big.  And as far as Memphis Melrose goes, bring 'em on

825724431[/snapback]

Great post!....sheeesh....I hope you are a kid. Prepare yourself for a truckload of Crow. :o

We would have been glad to play closer to home but because of 2 county teams that I will not mention dropped us from their schedule and did not have the guts to call us themselves , our AD called them , . we found out in Nov. or Dec. and had to take whatever we could find . Everyone else had their schedule established and we were looking for games while trying to concentrate on the playoffs . Just had to put my 2 cents in .

825724398[/snapback]

Thanks Tornadofan15.... Man there seems to be alot of experts talking crap on here. Will the game be on the web or local radio only? Unfortunately I can't be there.

where have all these johnny come lately Alcoa posters came from ?? for years we had about 2 or 3 Alcoa posters on this site , but i guess they've all got their hopes up because all the press from 2 prospects . i hope all of you new Alcoa posters don't leave if you do get beat , i'm enjoying all of this smack talk . :o

ya revjj1 , ya got us figured out , MARYVILLE'S too SKEERED to play the big boys like you all !! thumb

i honestly don't see alcoa attempting any field goals.  I know the guy from Alcoa kicked it through during the state title game last season, but if Alcoa is in "range" of a FG I think 9/10 they'll throw it up for grabs.

825723110[/snapback]

Actually, on the first drive of the Hop Town game, we kicked a field goal, when I believe it was 4 & 6 on the 20. Coach Reid sent Guzzo off to a kicking camp, and he is actually a kicker now. Just the other day he nailed a 45 yarder.

I to am tired of the Brandon Warren subject.  The kid will not play because he was ejected---Period!  Provoked, justified, home cooking what ever.  The rules are the rules.

Next time play closer to home.  Let's see 5 hour bus ride, three hour delayed game finishing after 12 Midnight then 5 hour bus ride back home!  Day of missed school. IMO it was a stupid scheduling mistake and caused more harm than it did good for a team that is good enough to get a game on the home turf.  Play week one vs. MaryvilleThat is what Coach Reid was trying to avoid, not having a game before the Maryville game.  There I said it!  It did Alcoa little good playing Hop town.

Now the game.  D line Voto, Cable, Tucker, Wood or Killebrew (Killebrew, just got done with baseball but will play, and should)  Jackson and Smith will sub fresh at DT's  LB's Kimsey, Lawhan and Caylor  One of the best groups in the state all classes.  Valentine still questionable I think.  Secondary Maples, Tallent, Shiver Maybe Arrington not sure, but every one are just as fast as most of what Alcoa will field.  Very unsung group but there is no question this experienced group has what it takes to limit or even stop Alcoa.  If you think I'm full of it ask Memphis MelroseMelrose was held to 198 total yards of offence and if you think Alcoa could match up with Melrose this or last year your smoking something.  That group had the type athletes Alcoa has never seen and Maryville rairly. 

Simple, If Maryville steps it up a notch and Alcoa has any type of mental break down, four or more turnovers, Alcoa will be beat again soundly.  The kids at Maryville have never bought into Alcoa's hype, nor have I. 

I do think Alcoa has the kids to win the game and man for man they should but will they???  We’ll see Friday night, for now I am out of breath, sorry I got long winded!

825724236[/snapback]

Well first off, let's be glad for Maryville's sake, that you aren't in charge of scheduling. You got to remember, Alcoa has got to travel to McCallie too this year, so even if it wasn't worth going to play a perennial power in KY, then at least the team won't be freaked out by a long road trip. Personally, I would much rather get the first game jitters out, so Alcoa doesn't start really playing until they are down 14-0 in the second quarter of the biggest game in the last couple of years.

Secondly, Your saying that Alcoa has never had better atheletes than Maryville? That's preposterous. I've known you to make some silly statements, but that is way out in left field even for you.

Third, has Alcoa ever played Melrose? Do you know what would happen? Let's see, if ya'll beat them by one, and you beat us by twelve...hmm seems like to me, that we would still be in the game if we played them.

C'mon FBE you complain about people talking w/o knowing what they are saying, but you , my friend, are doing the same thing.