Alcoa Vs. Maryville

TnFootballfan

As the owner of the site stated, it was a kid from Loudon's school district.

And it is a little strong the word Hate.  I don't think all of the student bodies hate each other per say, I just think some of the stuff is immature and those who commit various pranks against one another's school is fun, as long as property is not damaged or crimes are commited.  This is what makes the games fun, the clean rivilry stuff.

I got my tickets yesterday afternoon at Maryville and suggest everyone do the same because it will be a zoo in Alcoa an hour befor game time.  $5 bucks is a small price to pay for this great game IMO.

Go Reb's

Anyone from Alcoa know what time the gates will open?

825725520[/snapback]

Gates open at 5

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let me start by saying to Alcoa06 that if you don't know the facts of a story, then don't bother opening your mouth.  The counterfeit incident that you referred to in an earlier post was inaccurate.  Yes Scott Wilks and Nick Giles SPENT 5 dollars each of counterfeit money to buy lunch at school, but did they make it ?  NO!!!! Now that doesn't make what they did OK, because I will be the first to say what they did was wrong and there is no call for it.  They also payed their price for it.  Not only did they get the one game suspension, but Scott had to have his name all over the front page of the paper and received heck at every game we went to.  We had to take our L on our home field without our best player, now this year you get to see what that is like.  Even without him we took you all to the last minute and had a soph. RB fumble the game to you all on the 1.  I expect much of the same from Alcoa this week.  I figure this game to be a war that will stay close until the 4th quarter. 

Something that i have not seen anyone on here mention is about the 6'6" soph. TE/DE that transfered in from GA.  I hear he is a monster that is gonna be as good/better than Hilsher was.  I think that he is going to be a difference maker in this game with his blocking and his pass catching skills.  He is also a very good DE.  Well i'll stop rambling now, just hadn't seen anything on here about him.

825724919[/snapback]

Who is this that your talking about?

Edited by TnVols23

Ok we'll divert?

Did BW Punch another Player, Yes or no?

Did he get ejected Yes or No?

If one of these Questions above are answers are Yes.....................He sits.

My last post concerning BW.

825725106[/snapback]

I thought you were done with BW FBE? All you have to do is keep your word...Your finished when you say you are. So let's try to keep this to the game.

I don't know FBE...I remember that emotion vividly. You grow out of it with time though. I have quite well I think and have online proof :(

The pranks were always fun. Their a part of the game and tradition, as long as they don't get outta hand.

I'm as excited as I can be with this many days still left thumb

I thought you were done with BW FBE? All you have to do is keep your word...Your finished when you say you are. So let's try to keep this to the game.

825725634[/snapback]

Your right I am sorry and back on track

The game is going to be a game. Thanks for posting the gate time, I don't think I can be there that early. I wish the AD would get some bleachers hauled in for this one.

okay, so someone said earlier that they had it on good authority that BW would not play. if that is the case, then how does it change things?

how does this affect alcoa's offensive game plans? how will the maryville defense adjust?

how does it, if at all, affect maryville's offensive game plans? how will it force the alcoa defense to adjust?

i'd love to hear some of the experts weigh in on this.

I called TSSAA and was told that an ejection for unsportsmanlike conduct is not something that can be appealed because it is a judgement call. Only things that challenge an interpretation of the rules can be appealed. That sounds to me like there's no chance of an appeal.

raider's back...and making your mom jokes! it must be football time in tennessee.

okay, so someone said earlier that they had it on good authority that BW would not play. if that is the case, then how does it change things?

how does this affect alcoa's offensive game plans? how will the maryville defense adjust?

how does it, if at all, affect maryville's offensive game plans? how will it force the alcoa defense to adjust?

i'd love to hear some of the experts weigh in on this.

825725856[/snapback]

I don't think Alcoa is going to make this complicated. They have a very capable backup on defense where one might think it hurts Alcoa the worse. Now that I think about it, I don't think either team is going to make this complicated and start making major adjustments. Alcoa is loaded with play makers on both side of the ball. Maryville is Maryville. They seem to always step up and make the plays when they need to be made. However, I don't think Maryville pulls this one out this year.

With all the trash talking from both teams and how everyone thinks their teams is going to win we all have to remember that facts....

1. Maryville hasnt lost since Nov. 29 2003 to Morristown West by 3 points and then their last lost before that was on Sept. 14 to Morristown West by a TD. So it is hard to swallow for Maryville that they might lose a game. They are 57-2 since 2001.

2. Alcoa WANTS to beat Maryville soo bad but they havent since 2000 and that was by a TD. Last year Alcoa's only lost was to Maryville 31-18. This is the first year Alcoa has a chance in years.

3. The fact is...Maryville is not as good as they have been in years and I know their season hasnt started but by paper they do not have the talent they have had in past years. THat doesnt mean they will not develop the talent.

I give Alcoa the edge because of all the talented players.

Alcoa 28

Maryville 21