Webb at Powell

pacjones

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya powell is stronger but webb is for sure faster....Webb has three RB's on the 4x2 and 4x1 state championship relay teams...2 are in the starting backfield and they have plenty of team spead...

825725023[/snapback]

yeah i agree powell may be stronger but webb is faster no doubt. The team speed that webb has on defense is unbeleivable.

Ok guys first of all, this Powell team is probably the best, if not the best team Powell has had since Derek Milligan was a senior. Powell will absolutely control this game from the kickoff. I saw Webb play last week and even though it was game 1 they didnt look too impressive, and they were playing a horrible west team.

Also, everybody is sayin if they stop Cody Watts they will win? Yeah Cody is our play maker but definately not the only guy. You have to stop Lee Smith, Brandon Thrower, and Jay Courtney as well. Jay Courtney runs the ball harder than any back that I have seen other than Tallent at Maryville. Powell is so hard to stop on Offense with the four guys that provide most of the points. Powell is way to strong this year for Webb.

Another thing Webb is not Faster than Powell. Powell has the a quarterback by the name of Cody Watts who ran a 4.46 forty at MTSU during the summer. He will be the fastest guy on teh field Friday night and def. the most talented. Brandon Thrower is also around a 4.5 and when he gets on the football field runs away from ppl. I honestly think Powell has a faster, bigger, stronger, and BETTER team than Webb. This game will be ugly guys.

Powell 35

Webb 13

that is a real good point about not having to worry about tyler clendenen he was a big time playmaker last year agaisnt powell with his 99 yard kickoff return on the first play of the oppening season his freshman year that is pretty impressive. he was also a tough cornerback and hard to throw his way. he had many great returns and powell was kicking away for him all night. that gives powell the advantage on special teams i think powell has the chance to break a punt or kickoff for a td with their great athletes.

powell-24

webb-21

Ok guys first of all, this Powell team is probably the best, if not the best team Powell has had since Derek Milligan was a senior. Powell will absolutely control this game from the kickoff. I saw Webb play last week and even though it was game 1 they didnt look too impressive, and they were playing a horrible west team.

Also, everybody is sayin if they stop Cody Watts they will win? Yeah Cody is our play maker but definately not the only guy. You have to stop Lee Smith, Brandon Thrower, and Jay Courtney as well. Jay Courtney runs the ball harder than any back that I have seen other than Tallent at Maryville. Powell is so hard to stop on Offense with the four guys that provide most of the points. Powell is way to strong this year for Webb.

Another thing Webb is not Faster than Powell. Powell has the a quarterback by the name of Cody Watts who ran a 4.46 forty at MTSU during the summer. He will be the fastest guy on teh field Friday night and def. the most talented. Brandon Thrower is also around a 4.5 and when he gets on the football field runs away from ppl. I honestly think Powell has a faster, bigger, stronger, and BETTER team than Webb. This game will be ugly guys.

Powell 35

Webb  13

825726147[/snapback]

its funny that u say two athletes that run a 4.46 and a 4.5 in the forty can outrun a whole team. if u say that then webb really has the advantage with the starting runningback kevin campbell running a 4.43 and the fullback matt french running a 4.5. it is crazy that u say those two athletes will outrun webbs defense. also i heard that lee smith ran 5.4 40 and if that is true than they are in trouble because no matter how big u are if u cant outrun a db or run down a runningback the size really doesnt matter. powell line and team will be tired in the fourth quarter when webb is a better conditioned team and always wants the game to be hot because that puts them in favor. if u think powell is going to pound webb and score over 35 than ur in for a long night. webb takes it. another pointer is that the difference could be the confidence vs cocky factor. webb experienced that against powell and thats why they started off slow. this week webb will be confident while on the other hand powell players and their fans are cocky because they beat one of the weaker ae teams. its time for a rude awakening

Powell is not Cocky, its a term called CONFIDENT. Powell will romp Webb. Yes Powell did beat a very underrated AE team, but Powell also beat sevierco, mcallie, galltin at camp and none of those teams are any type of pushovers.

Not to mention last week Powell beat a very very good Fulton team, 21-20.....So you can say Powell thinks they are good or Powell is being cocky because they beat AE, but they also beat very good teams. Powell will beat webb by atleast 17, Webb is not that good and you will realize that about 10 PM Friday night

By the way whoever said Lee Smith cant outrun anybody since he runs a 5.4? He doesnt have to outrun anybody he runs over people. Im almost positive Lee runs way better than a 5.4. But you will see Watts to Smith and Watts to Thrower all night long. With some carriers by Mr. Jay Courtney, who will run over people.

Watts will take this game over from the opening snap. He will have 150 yards rushing(atleast) and 150 Passing. Powell wins big.

Powell 35

Webb 13

Hey Watts#1.With all this smack you're talking about him you're either his mother,girlfriend or baby brother.Which is it?Heck if the kid is just half as good as you let on he needs to go ahead and sign that letter of intent and skip this season so he does'nt get hurt.Webb has been running and working on fundamentals all summer.I'd say Powell is just like most other schools in this area and working on tricky pass routes and plays the coaches don't even know.I'll take Webb in a not so close game.And if you're his mother you may remember the game I was at in like 1984(I think) when one of those Wampler dudes cut that guys throat right there at the exit.I was 13.My mom had to wrap our blanket around his neck,ruining my favorite blanket of course.Great place out there.I have some wonderful memories. thumb

Webb cant stop Powells offense....if Powell supposedly isnt fast enough or whatever they are def stronger and they will just run over Webb all night long and there is no way they can stop Cody Watts....if this and if that about Cody IF isnt going to happen because he cant be stopped....Im calling it right now Watts has over 100 yards rushing and passing with 4 total TDs :lol:

Powell 42

Webb 17

Hey Watts#1.With all this smack you're talking about him you're either his mother,girlfriend or baby brother.Which is it?Heck if the kid is just half as good as you let on he needs to go ahead and sign that letter of intent and skip this season so he does'nt get hurt.Webb has been running and working on fundamentals all summer.I'd say Powell is just like most other schools in this area and working on tricky pass routes and plays the coaches don't even know.I'll take Webb in a not so close game.thumb

825726469[/snapback]

This just goes to show how some people get on here just to see their screen name on the web. First of all there are several Div. 1 schools showing Watts attention. Ever heard of Ohio State? (And I have no relation to him) He is a phenomenal athlete with many intangibles.

And if you think that the Panthers have been working on tricky plays all summer while the all the wiser Spartans have spent their summer working on fundamentals then you obviously don't know much about Coach Stephens at Powell, or football in general. I don't know of any teams that spend thier summers working tricky passing routes, especially if their coaches don't know what they are doing. If you have had this experience in White Pine, then I suggest you go somewhere to see some quality football being played.

As for those who think that Lee Smith runs a 5.4..... All I can say is just keep thinking that. I assure you that he runs less than a 5.0. Exact numbers I cannot supply, but all it would be is a number. I have seen guys that run a 4.6 or 4.7 get the ball in their hands, and no one can catch them. It is called game speed, and true players have that extra gear when they need it. And even if you do catch Lee, it is going to take more than one to bring him down.

Good Luck to both teams but I think Powell wins this one.

PHS 24

WHS 10