Webb at Powell

pacjones

This just goes to show how some people get on here just to see their screen name on the web.  First of all there are several Div. 1 schools showing Watts attention.  Ever heard of Ohio State?  (And I have no relation to him)  He is a phenomenal athlete with many intangibles.

And if you think that the Panthers have been working on tricky plays all summer while the all the wiser Spartans have spent their summer working on fundamentals then you obviously don't know much about Coach Stephens at Powell, or football in general.  I don't know of any teams that spend thier summers working tricky passing routes, especially if their coaches don't know what they are doing.  If you have had this experience in White Pine, then I suggest you go somewhere to see some quality football being played.

As for those who think that Lee Smith runs a 5.4..... All I can say is just keep thinking that.  I assure you that he runs less than a 5.0.  Exact numbers I cannot supply, but all it would be is a number.  I have seen guys that run a 4.6 or 4.7 get the ball in their hands, and no one can catch them.  It is called game speed, and true players have that extra gear when they need it.  And even if you do catch Lee, it is going to take more than one to bring him down.

Good Luck to both teams but I think Powell wins this one.

PHS        24

WHS      10

825726553[/snapback]

Nice Post!!! Powell rolls in this one!!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WhitePine, actually I am not related to Cody Watts at all. I just know how good the kid is. Has the most god gifted talent that you will see on that field friday night. He will do some amazing things that you will just say how did he do that. He does it every Friday night he steps on the field. He flat out gets the job done, sorry that you cant handle the facts about Cody and how he plays. Maybe after the disaster you Webb fans run into Friday night you will be able to see what Im talkin about. Powell rolls big

Powell 35

Webb 13

ok everybody knows who cody watts is, thank you. webb slowed him down enough the past 2 years to get the win and it wont be any different this year. lee smiths 40 is a 5.16 and im positive because HE told me that. and thats pretty darn slow. webb will slow watts down and jay courtney and thrower are nothing, the only factor will be if webb can stop smith cause he didnt play last year

we will see...

webb-27

powell-21

yall are crazy thinkin webb can beat this powell team. powell has a team with many weapons who have already been mentioned so i'm not gonna waste space and say them, but anyway, powell has a strong team and the people who think webb can win needs to realize that powell has a team with many of the same people playing except baron huber and zane bruhin and this powell team almost beat maryville IN THE PLAYOFFS! wow i dont know if webb does have the chance to beat them. yeah i think it will be a good game but expect a crazy night for powells offense

Powell-42

Webb-20

ok iloveu, ur gonna get ur mouth shut in a big way tomorrow night my friend. Cody's soph. he played tailback and reciever (not his natural position) Cody's JR. year he played HB and SOME QB this year its his show and u guys get the full dose of the kid who made maryville's d look bad at times last year.

And for u to say that jay courtney and brandon thrower are NOTHING proves that you have no idea what this powell team is all about. Your comment about Webb being the only team in the state that works on the basics is completely moronic and ridiculous and you really should never be able to post on coacht again until you get some knowledge of the game we all know and love.

good luck stopping those two guys who are NOTHING and Josh Huffaker who by the way rushed for 100+ on you guys last year.

Now shut up, sit back and watch what happens, and when the dust settles you can think,"man i bet i had something to do with that i should have kept my mouth shut."

oh and the other reason webb will win and the reason theyve won the last 2 years is because of the wing t. the big disadvantige to having a big and not so fast line is when the opponent is running the wing t because there are so many fakes and misdirections and what was the score agaisnt maryville in the regular season?? umm i believe yall lose by umm 40 pts. oh and i never said webb was the only team to work on fundamentals and basics... what are you talking about?

oh and the other reason webb will win and the reason theyve won the last 2 years is because of the wing t. the big disadvantige to having a big and not so fast line is when the opponent is running the wing t because there are so many fakes and misdirections and what was the score agaisnt maryville in the regular season?? umm i believe yall lose by umm 40 pts. oh and i never said webb was the only team to work on fundamentals and basics... what are you talking about?

825727242[/snapback]

i think u'll see why powell is the better team and why i hope ur at that game in person to see the stomping webb will receive its lookin against u iloveu...sorry

825727242[/snapback]

Big and not so fast line? First of all, Powell is running a 3-4 with the Dt and two DEs. I wouldn't exactly call Lee Smith and Justin Galyon slow for DEs.

Cody Watts is one of the most gifted athletes I have seen, but I believe his leadership is his best quality. Just watching the scrimage against Fulton, he took control of the team. He is a very vocal leader who will back up what he says.

Cody Watts is amazing, but he is most definitely not the offense. Powell has three backs that bring three different running styles. Jay Courtney is one of the hardest running backs in East Tennessee, Josh Huffaker has amazing vision combined with sick quickness, and they have a sophomore who is a combination of the two.

Cody Watts won't have to carry the load because the running game could do it by themselves. Cody watts does have a good receiving core with Thrower and Widener at wideout and Smith and Galyon at tight end.

I believe many people will get used to hearing some other names along with Cody Watts after this game is over.

The only question for powell is their Defensive secondary, if they can keep Webb on the ground it could get ugly.

Powell 35

Webb 14

yall are crazy thinkin webb can beat this powell team. powell has a team with many weapons who have already been mentioned so i'm not gonna waste space and say them, but anyway, powell has a strong team and the people who think webb can win needs to realize that powell has a team with many of the same people playing except baron huber and zane bruhin and this powell team almost beat maryville IN THE PLAYOFFS! wow i dont know if webb does have the chance to beat them. yeah i think it will be a good game but expect a crazy night for powells offense

Powell-42

Webb-20

825727166[/snapback]

U r an absolute moron and what you said made no sense. Powell is that good because they almost beat maryville in the playoffs? They lost to webb in the regular season last year (and the year before by thirty). Powell simply has a tough time stopping the wing t. Cody watts is the man though i will give him that. Webb wins a close one though 24-21 good luck to both teams, hope to see a great game

Ok first off pacjones, Webb has never beat Powell by 30 lol. last year they won by 3 and the year before they won 35-14, but good try. Anyways when did the past matter? Its a new year and a way better Powell team, and not soo good of a webb team. I mean come on they barely beat a HORRIBLE West team lol.

For all of you all saying Powell cant stop the wing T. You will see. Yeah they have had trouble in the past but they were playing with young guys with no experience at the time. Now all them guys are juniors and seniors. This game will be ugly. Smith and Watts just remember that you will hear that all night. Powell beats webb handily like ive said all week.

Powell 35

Webb 13