Webb at Powell

pacjones

Powell has the Watts, Smith, and of course the huge line.  If Webb can stop Watts, they will have stopped 75%  of the offensive threat.  I just don't think the Spartans have the size or physical ability to do so.  Powell by 12.

825723249[/snapback]

Not only did Webb stop Watts but Dean Smith ripped off Watts' helmet on a key play in Powells final drive. So I assume that Webb did stop 75% of Powells offense by holding Mr. Watts to a whopping -10 yards!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok first off pacjones, Webb has never beat Powell by 30 lol. last year they won by 3 and the year before they won 35-14, but good try. Anyways when did the past matter? Its a new year and a way better Powell team, and not soo good of a webb team. I mean come on they barely beat a HORRIBLE West team lol.

For all of you all saying Powell cant stop the wing T. You will see. Yeah they have had trouble in the past but they were playing with young guys with no experience at the time. Now all them guys are juniors and seniors. This game will be ugly. Smith and Watts just remember that you will hear that all night. Powell beats webb handily like ive said all week. 

Powell  35

Webb  13

825727581[/snapback]

I heard Smith's name twice the whole night and the only times I ever heards Watts' name was when he was being sacked by Webb's secondary!!!! go webb

Ok watts#1fan explain how the Webb Spartans held Mr. Cody Watts to -10 rushing yards and he also had two interceptions. Also correct me if i'm wrong but Lee Smith had only two cathes and one of them was a great catch. It does seem like the past three years that yall have talked a lot of crap and can never manage to back it up Mr. YOUR A POOR SPORT SHAKE SOME HANDS NEXT TIME!!!!!!!

825729543[/snapback]

Haha great post. Where in the world are all of those cocky powell people. All i heard was Cody Watts...Cody Watts... Did he play last night? Webb absolutely domintated the game. Is it not embarrassing that webb completed ZERO passes and still won the game by running it right down Powell's throat. By they way Watts and Smith... u all are great sports i mean what great leaders u all are. I hope u dont plan on going to play college football with an attitude like that bc those guys will set u in your place pretty quick. Webb defense like i said, the fastest in Knoxville, Cody couldnt get away!!! GO SPARTANS

That display I saw Lee Smith put on at the end of the game showed me the type of person he must be. It's all about him and not the TEAM!

I wondered out loud to a fellow coach I attended the game with as to why he was the only player for Powell who wore white socks all the way up to his knees and had his shoes taped almost completely white as well. Nobody else on the team was dressed this way. It's called a UNIFORM for a reason. Could it be he wanted to stand out and draw attention to himself? This became clearer as the game wore on. He was always the last one on or off the field... by himself, to be noticed I'm sure.

It wasn't until the end of the game that it was crystal clear to me... instead of going through the line and shaking the hand of his opponent, he remained on his sideline on one knee after removing his jersey. Rarely looking up, he did what no other Powell player did... refused to shake hands. Is this a lack of class -or- an "all about me attitude"? Probably both in my opinion.

I'm sure there will be plenty of Powell supporters who come on here and defend his behavior because I don't "know" the kid. Blah, blah, blah... his actions speak louder than words to me.

825729276[/snapback]

You're exactly right he has no class and he does that next year at UT Fulmer will be all over him like he's a cake. Not only did Smith not shake hands after the game but Smith and Watts both didnt attend the team after the game just to prove your point even more about their self centered additude.

You're exactly right he has no class and he does that next year at UT Fulmer will be all over him like he's a cake. Not only did Smith not shake hands after the game but Smith and Watts both didnt attend the team after the game just to prove your point even more about their self centered additude.

825729626[/snapback]

your a complete idiot dude, t 16 posts all in one thread get a life man, Webb won the game yes, they played a decent game, but im not gonna make excuses how many fumbles and interceptions and missed kicks did powell have. They beat themselves more they webb beat powell.

And as for lee, he has always work high socks and taped his shoes. Its how he plays he does it in basketball too gte over it the kid is good and yall dont like it. Powell Was overconfident but that is what happens, hopefully this will bring them down or it will be a long year.

MARYVILLE... blah, blah. blah. Smith's display of poor class is a fact. I saw it with my own eyes and have now heard, although can't confirm, that he and Watts didn't even attend the team meeting right after the game. What's up with that?

Sounds like coach allows this type of behavior. What kind of message does this send? It's okay to be a self-centered, all about me and not about the TEAM player. That's what!

It's a credit to Webb that somehow they can play probably 25 guys the entire game and still beat a 4A school like they did last night. They out-worked, out-hustled, out-hit and out-played Powell. Webb played TEAM football and were in much better condition. You would think that by the 4th quarter Powell would take control with their depth. Not so, Webb must be in terrific shape. Whoever is in charge of their training deserves a ton of credit for the win last night.

One more thing, Webb's team speed on D is most impressive!

How is that some coaches can make their players understand that football above all other games is a team sport? It is not about the individual, but the team. You win as a team and you loose as a team. It is evident that the Powell coaches can not instill that mind set in their players whereas some other coaches can. What is the old saying. It is amazing how much can be accomplished, when no one cares who gets the credit. Just ask the Maryville High team. They have a team full of players that for the most part no one has heard of and all they do is just win. Might be a good lesson for several players on many different teams. It is evident that Coach Quarles and his staff know how to get the team concept across to the players.

Edited by papatj

your a complete idiot dude, t 16 posts all in one thread get a life man, Webb won the game yes, they played a decent game, but im not gonna make excuses how many fumbles and interceptions and missed kicks did powell have. They beat themselves more they webb beat powell.

825729654[/snapback]

First INT was a great play by the DB Campbell...he literally took it away from Galyon. And the second one there was pressure that forced Cody to make the bad throw. That's Webb beating Powell not Powell beating themselves. Dont take anything away from Webb. Plus, Webb didn't play mistake free ball either (fumbling the opening kickoff of the second half). Webb fumbled to but were able to recover them...it is all about taking advantage of opportunities. That's part of the game

wow webb was impressive. I mean i knew they had some track kids on their d but they were just flying around. I walked away very impressed.

That being said the db did not take it away from gal. He dropped it and the db caught the tip but id say 92 made up for that with his D. I dont think webb rolled up 300-350 yards either but they got enough obviously.

Lay off of Hanson too he missed a pressure kick, hes young and the game was on the line......he did hit the extra point before the penalty and would have kicked it from 5 back but the holder called fire.

Bottom line is a lot of Powell's guys came out thinking we were gonna roll and we got hit in the mouth and hit in the mouth and hit in the mouth. Well Webb definately bloodied our noses and now its time to see if we truly are a great team or a team that stays on the canvas when they get knocked down. Next game Lenior City after that mccallie then maryville then farragut thats a heck of a schedule looks like these cocky panthers got grounded lets see how they respond

those powell fans arent gonna say anything. they r COWARDS. id be embarrassed if i was talking all that stuff to. if i was #1codywattsfan or whatever id crawl under a rock and never come out.

SHOW SOME CLASS WATTS AND SMITH! thats absolutely ridiculous

825729621[/snapback]

lol i agree, they talk all the smack and it comes back to bite em', then where are they? yea i was w/ some webb guys last night and they said that watts and smiths little pity party was just ridiculous. i mean, who do u think you are when you are just "too good" to admit that the other team outplayed you and just shake their hand and tell them good game?