Jeff Co. at Campbell Co.

Sg0C0ugs

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CC By 20,Jeff Co. Is Not that Great Anymore.

825730950[/snapback]

Campbell Co. played some decent defense vs. Heritage. Coming into the season, the D was the big question mark, but if Friday night's performance is any indication, and the D continues to improve, look for the Cougars to turn it around. Nick Lane is emerging as a force at DE, Chris Bowlin is a strong and steady performer, Josh Evans, Travis Leach and Colby Mattie all fly to the ball. The "team tackle" was back in full force vs. Heritage. Also, #33 Norton played lights out in the 2nd half and Cody Johnson is plugging the middle nicely.

Offensively, the Cougars should get a big boost with the return of Chris Johnson. Against the Mountaineers, Josh Howard had some nice runs, but could not quite break the big one. Johnson, based on past history, could have been a huge difference maker vs. Heritage. With a rested Chris Johnson and a reportedly weakened Jefferson Co. defense, the Cougars could be poised for a big game.

QB Brance Stiner and the Cougar receiving corps are not quite on the same page, but they are getting there. Howard makes some nice catches out of the backfield and Wesley Chapman is showing signs of getting his timing down. Look for more out of Aiken and Davis. Johnson is definitely a serious threat in the slot.

It's Region time - this game is HUGE! I like the Cougars' chances in their home opener.

Should be a good one, CC always plays tough in the Souper Bowl. I remember the last game up there they played well against a tough JC team with Jeff, Scoot and Parker leading it. Early touchdown by Mr. Jennings kinda took the wind out of the sails but I digress.

Correct me if Im wrong but wasnt last year the game that had a questionable call on an extra point by Coach U that sort of cost us the game? That was when I started to doubt him, and events since then havent done much to make me a fan. But again I digress.

Dont know what kind of team CC has this year but this is an important game for the season for both teams Id imagine.

Correct me if Im wrong but wasnt last year the game that had a questionable call on an extra point by Coach U that sort of cost us the game? That was when I started to doubt him, and events since then havent done much to make me a fan. But again I digress.

Dont know what kind of team CC has this year but this is an important game for the season for both teams Id imagine.

825731680[/snapback]

Here's your correction! The extra point you are talking about was against Karns, we played CC the 2nd game and beart them easily.

You are correc that this is a very inportant game for both teams as it is the 1st Region game of the season for both and no one wants to start behind the 8 ball. I look for the Dumplin Valley boys to come away with a V.

For someone that calling for a coaches job it seems you don't get to a lot of games to have basis for your discontent of a staff!!!

Here's your correction! The extra point you are talking about was against Karns, we played CC the 2nd game and beart them easily.

You are correc that this is a very inportant game for both teams as it is the 1st Region game of the season for both and no one wants to start behind the 8 ball. I look for the Dumplin Valley boys to come away with a V.

For someone that calling for a coaches job it seems you don't get to a lot of games to have basis for your discontent of a staff!!!

825731823[/snapback]

That my friend, is why I said "correct me if Im wrong." But the fact that I got the team wrong doesnt take away from the fact that it was a questionable call at best. Anywho.

This game could be a character builder for JC, but then again it could be the second step in a winless season. I dont see playoffs in our future but this is an important game to see how the rest of the season goes.

Im not calling for Coach's head just yet, but just in case im sharpening my axe.