Vandy wins

timbdp

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I about fell off the couch when I saw they won.......104.5 is going to be insane this week.

If they want to have a shot at a bowl, they HAVE to be 4-1 before they go into that homestretch. They can beat UK and can knock off another, but they will have to be 4-1.

Edited by Solomon

Guest catfish-hunter

Next three games for Vandy are home games against Ole Miss, Richmond, and MTSU.

If Vandy starts out 5-0, which it is looking that way right now, could it be that they'll become a Top 25 team heading into a home game with LSU. Maybe if LSU is unbeaten heading into that Saturday we can get the ESPN College Gameday crew to come to Nashville :P

If Vandy starts out 5-0, which it is looking that way right now, could it be that they'll become a Top 25 team heading into a home game with LSU. 

825747177[/snapback]

Possible, but probably not a worthy ranking.

Wake Forest just got slammed by a Nebraska squad that was given a good game (better than WFU) by I-AA Maine.

Arkansas's ability remains to be seen, as their victory last week came over a I-AA squad.

Ole Miss had a decent win versus Memphis, but they certainly did not look great.

Richmond is a I-AA school that is 0-2 and has scored a total of 6 points in its two losses.

MTSU has given VU problems in its past two games (MTSU won both), but MTSU is not really that far removed from I-AA status itself.

I'm all for it - Vanderbilt could use some good football fortune - but a 5-0 record with that schedule isn't worthy of a Top 25 ranking, IMO. They will get some votes with that record, though. The Ole Miss game is the key, obviously.