OOLTEWAH VS. PUDS

HOOTERVILLE OWL

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right, rivalry games can go either way. But not this one. This will be a lot like the 2002 game where Blake Foster ran for 350+ yards (300 in the first half). I say Marshall and Caldwell combine for over 250 yds rushing and five TD's. Owls big!

Ooltewah - 56

Central - 0

825739375[/snapback]

Hate to say it Central, but its not a good thing when your punter is your player of the game. Go Owls!

Hey, I almost got the score right.

Hate to say it Central, but its not a good thing when your punter is your player of the game. Go Owls!

Hey, I almost got the score right.

825744807[/snapback]

Nice Pick. Was the most complete game offense defense special teams passing rushing blocking I've ever seen a high school team play great job owls. Poor Caldwell 80 yards of that passing total was a shovel pass up the middle. Great job Owls getting better every week. Totally dominating performance.

btw the refs stunk called a block in the back on every single kickoff and punt the Owls received must have had 150 yards in penalties.

About the refs, no, good job. The ooltewah players on punts were blatantly blocking in the back even when it wasn't even a returnable punt.

Other than that, they dominated central. The first three plays from scrimmage for tds. That is ridiculus. Ooltewah may be good, but that says central is just that sorry. Are they just saying screw this year and playing for next year? The guys they had on defense, i know they have better guys standing on the sideline...lol. They were suppose to have like three or four returning defensive linemen, and not one of those guys even play defense anymore. They are either on the sideline or on offense. Number one was their best d-linemen for past two years, and he doesn't even play defense, he is one of the four running backs...lol

Ooltewah deserved to win and maybe even score 58, but it didn't have to come as ugly as it did. Someone send a memo to the coaches at central that it's ok to plan for the future, but wasting a season doing it, doesn't help no one. Atleast plan like you want to win.

And as an Ooltewah fan, I'll agree that at least one of those punts had a blatant block in the back, either Ooltewah was just lazy and complacent and not thinking or that's something they'll have to work on.

I don't know what the holdup with Central was. It didn't look they even cared about playing tough. Of course, I got there about 10 minutes late and the score was already 14-0, so maybe they had already given up.

I just hope Ooltewah can get a little bit more practice against resistance before they play OR.

Edited by Loose End

And as an Ooltewah fan, I'll agree that at least one of those punts had a blatant block in the back, either Ooltewah was just lazy and complacent and not thinking or that's something they'll have to work on.

I don't know what the holdup was. It didn't look they even cared about playing tough. Of course, I got there about 10 minutes late and the score was already 14-0, so maybe they had already given up.

I just hope Ooltewah can get a little bit more practice against resistance before they play OR.

825745045[/snapback]

Who gave up? I don't really get what you are saying. Explain again. Also the blatant block in the back was in the 4th quarter when they had a sophmore back up in there. It's just a young mistake.

Who gave up? I don't really get what you are saying. Explain again. Also the blatant block in the back was in the 4th quarter when they had a sophmore back up in there. It's just a young mistake.

825745110[/snapback]

You can call a block in back somewhere on any kickoff if you want but to call em when reciever let's punt fall and get downed or when he catches ball an gets absolutly creamed but holds on to ball is ridiculous that call is meant for plays where a return is attempted.

I actually was on the Central sideline for the second half, and I'll give Central credit. The coaching staff never gave up, and the attitude on the sideline was great considering the score. You guys say Central just gave up - but I see it differently. The players and coaches had an upbeat attitude...they were just getting dominated up front...They've got some athletes though, and they'll be good in a couple years.

As for the person saying they hope to see some resistance before the OR game...next week will be a tough game for the Owls. Billy Blount always plays the Owls tough - and this year, I think they're better than ever.

Can't wait till next week!

Go Owls!

825745110[/snapback]

Err, sorry, I should have said I was talking about Central in the second paragraph. I guess that's what happens when you try to edit as you go and don't proofread.

I actually was on the Central sideline for the second half, and I'll give Central credit.  The coaching staff never gave up, and the attitude on the sideline was great considering the score.  You guys say Central just gave up - but I see it differently.  The players and coaches had an upbeat attitude...they were just getting dominated up front...They've got some athletes though, and they'll be good in a couple years. 

As for the person saying they hope to see some resistance before the OR game...next week will be a tough game for the Owls.  Billy Blount always plays the Owls tough - and this year, I think they're better than ever. 

Can't wait till next week!

Go Owls!

825745385[/snapback]

Grad, your right we never gave up. The coach's will not allow the kids to quit. This is a work in progress and we will turn this program around , and it is being done the right way.

Ooltewah played a great game , Congradulations.