Alcoa v/s Fulton

Tornadofan15

sorry miss walker i didnt know that you had so much estrogen flowing this morning or i would have waited to post after the loss to alcoa. last year is gone. 0-2 with alcoa, boyd, and mccallie to come could make for a long year with catholic and livingston still to come as well. you may be on your couch come the first weekend in dec. this year watching the games.

just keepin it real

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fulton facts:

0-2

Poor fundamentals.

Poor special teams.

Key injuries.

Has yet to live up to the hype.

Alcoa facts:

2-1

Have soundly beaten two very weak teams.

Was dominated by an inexpereinced Maryville team.

Has yet to live up to the hype.

Game facts:

Game has no playoff implications.

Game means very little now that these two highly hyped teams have showed that it was truly just hype.

Prediction:  Whoever scores first wins because the other team will lay down.

825741760[/snapback]

Truely a great post and game break down. I do think Fulton has allot of youth, but could win it if they reduce the turnovers and force Alcoa to give it up a few times. I pick Alcoa to win, by 10 points.

Still I can't understand the hype, turned on the local TV news last night and there they were again, A hyped up news report on Alcoa complete with a coach blowing his top and throwing his hat! Why did'nt the sports reporter drive a few miles south to report on a real top Tennessee program with a coach who had a .900% win record?

Maybe Maryville won't make it to the state game this year, but 4A is no cake walk like East TN 2A is this year. Alcoa is the only team most can name from East TN.

sorry miss walker i didnt know that you had so much estrogen flowing this morning or i would have waited to post after the loss to alcoa.  last year is gone.    0-2 with alcoa, boyd, and mccallie to come could make for a long year with catholic and livingston still to come as well.  you may be on your couch come the first weekend in dec. this year watching the games. 

just keepin it real

825742841[/snapback]

We'll see how "real" you are come playoff time. I'm looking forward to the games w/ boyd, catholic and livingston. We don't play mccallie, but anyway. . . . .

Truely a great post and game break down.  I do think Fulton has allot of youth, but could win it if they reduce the turnovers and force Alcoa to give it up a few times.  I pick Alcoa to win, by 10 points. 

Still I can't understand the hype, turned on the local TV news last night and there they were again, A hyped up news report on Alcoa complete with a coach blowing his top and throwing his hat!  Why did'nt the sports reporter drive a few miles south to report on a real top Tennessee program with a coach who had a .900% win record? 

Maybe Maryville won't make it to the state game this year, but 4A is no cake walk like East TN 2A is this year.  Alcoa is the only team most can name from East TN.

825742875[/snapback]

What would you expect for local tv news? It's mostly hype and fluff anyway. The local media decided before the season that Alcoa was the local team to focus on and they are not going to let facts get in the way. They certainly haven't done the Alcoa team any favors with all this attention. I'd rather have the attention at the end of the season based on performance.

The added attention has done Alcoa no real good...ask Coach Reid. He's spending far more time than he wanted to keeping their feet on the ground.

I think this would be a HUGE upset for Fulton. I think it would be just a nice win for Alcoa. That's based on the records thus far. Emotions aside, that's fact.

This game should have been the marquee match up everyone thought it would be, but both teams have let the fans down on that one.

They'd admit that, I think. All that said, this will be one heck of a game that no matter the score, won't be decided until the final whistle. Just my take on it.

This will be the fast breaK offensive game of the season....

The over will be 80 or more...

Sorry Kwalker, Go Tornadoes. Hope your still feeling better. Go easy on QB7...he's an ok guy.

What would you expect for local tv news?  It's mostly hype and fluff anyway.  The local media decided before the season that Alcoa was the local team to focus on and they are not going to let facts get in the way.  They certainly haven't done the Alcoa team any favors with all this attention.  I'd rather have the attention at the end of the season based on performance.

825743011[/snapback]

Good point.

Fulton has allot of pride and by now lots of locker room post able articles to get them ready to play, and today another Knox news article about another Alcoa player. I also think the game could be close. How are Fulton’s special teams?

I am a Falcon in Heart I just graduated last year but I have been on both State Chamionship teams and the runner-up team the falcons have had it rought the last couple of weeks but I think the falcons have had enough tonight when they play alcoa the tornados better bring there a game. Because I know the high flying falcons are ready to soar. Go Big Maroon Back to Back State Champs. You better watch out for my boys Cobb, Big Smokey.

Good point. 

Fulton has allot of pride and by now lots of locker room post able articles to get them ready to play, and today another Knox news article about another Alcoa player.  I also think the game could be close.  How are Fulton’s special teams?

825743878[/snapback]

In the past, Fulton has been able to rely on their special teams. This year they haven't proved themselves yet. Hopefully they will tonight!

GO FALCONS!