Alcoa v/s Fulton

Tornadofan15

no kidding man. Fulton's QB really got them beat. I heard that he wasn't the normal starter, and that COULD have been a really big difference in the game. I mean, they threw like 3 picks and the QB fumbled like 3 times. Nevertheless, Fulton looked absolutely terrible. I was definitely surprised because I was expecting them to at least make a few plays.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratz to Alcoa. They did beat another losing team mthough. Fulton is not very good this year and yes, 3A is not too huge, but I think things like this are cyclical. I don't see anything in 2A, east but Alcoa this year. Still don't buy into all the hype but a good 2A team none the less. Tired of reading the could'a, would 'a BW excuse for the first loss Alcoa had.

I think Alcoa is in for a test the next two weeks but think they will win them both to add to the win box.

Guest catfish-hunter
I just don't think Fulton is as good this year but forget trying to tell one of their fans that. They are 0-3 and those fans will be like "But we start off bad every year and then go on to win titles". Well you know what they better get it going because if they lose another regional game they would probably have to win out just to make the playoffs. They have yet to play Knoxville Catholic or Livingston Academy who are both very very good football teams.

825745116[/snapback]

They have also yet to play Tyner and Boyd

Fulton's QB was suspended from the team because he skipped a pre-game meal to go to a girl's house. I think it might be a little harsh to kick a kid off a team because of hormones, but Buck would dissagree.

825745790[/snapback]

It's like this.. He was the leader of that team. He let his boys down thinking he could just walk in and do whatever. He has to be more mature than this. Not only did he let his team down, he let the coaches down..

Now being kicked off the team, I don't think that happen. He just couldn't dress that game. I'm sure he'll have to pay for it come practice Monday.

First, Congrats to Alcoa on the win...They have talent at every position and will be tought to beat on the road to the 'boro.

Second, in response to the all the criticism of the Falcons:

#1 The starting quarterback (whom is a Sophomore himself) was suspended just prior to the game. Another Sophomore and a Freshman shared time at QB during the game Neither had any real game time experience. If the QB situation is unchanged from last year (barring suspensions and a transfer), these would be our 4th and 5th string QBs. No team would even want to face, or have much success against Alcoa under those circumstances.

I was not going to comment on the game, but I am really taking offense and dont think the comments are fair or warranted, considering we had numerous turnovers, several unclean snaps and could never get into a flow on offense, due to the QB situation. I am sure that the Tornadoes had some to do with it, but the situation was not a good one for extremely young, non-experienced QBs.

#2 Our All-State linebacker, Tyrone Cobb, never saw the field. Seems like I heard a bunch of Alcoa fans last night at the game, screaming that they would have beaten Maryville and been 3-0, if Warren had not been suspended for that game (because Maryville was "running all the plays, where Warren would have been"...interesting concept). Even though I dont agree with their logic (or lack of logic), I think even they can understand the impact of losing an All-Star.

The game was not indicative of our talent, and was definitely not typical Fulton football. Fulton has good players and an exceptional coaching staff. I am sure that they will see this as a challenge and tackle it head-on!

Fulton is always going to have a good football team, but this is definetly a down year for these boys. That amazing talent had to run out sum time and this seems to be the year. Fulton will win games but they are not going to be the fulton of the past two years. Good job also to alcoa, blowing out the defending state champs in 3a is always something to brag about no matter what the sercumstances are.

Congratz to Alcoa.  They did beat another losing team mthough.  Fulton is not very good this year and yes, 3A is not too huge, but I think things like this are cyclical.  I don't see anything in 2A, east but Alcoa this year.  Still don't buy into all the hype but a good 2A team none the less.  Tired of reading the could'a, would 'a BW excuse for the first loss Alcoa had.

I think Alcoa is in for a test the next two weeks but think they will win them both to add to the win box.

825745670[/snapback]

I respect Maryville and everything, but you need to to stop talking about them like they are Gods!! I admit that they beat Alcoa and it didn't surprise me. The way Alcoa played surprised me, but not the outcome!! Seems like the Rebs have only beat losing teams too so far (except Alcoa)!! You don't have to buy into all the hype, because if all the attention was toward the Rebs you'd think otherwise!! Good luck to them though!!! :lol:

I agree.  Alcoa is that good, but a good Fulton team would have done better, they were that bad, i would say are, but they just need to find a QB, i don't see them winning state this year, Good job alcoa.

825744925[/snapback]

Fulton did play terrible, but Alcoa didn't look that great!! They got off to a slow start and Kyrus needs to learn how to block without holding!! They can only improve as the weeks go on!! Good job Alcoa!! :lol:

What would you expect for local tv news?  It's mostly hype and fluff anyway.  The local media decided before the season that Alcoa was the local team to focus on and they are not going to let facts get in the way.  They certainly haven't done the Alcoa team any favors with all this attention.  I'd rather have the attention at the end of the season based on performance.

825743011[/snapback]

The thing is is whoever the "better team" is, is who the news is gonna follow. True Maryville was the better team but with all of alcoa talent they are a bigger story. Its always like that, In 2000 after Alcoa beat Maryville every paper had their 15-0 run on the front page. When maryville was hot the following years they were on the front page all the time. Alcoa to me plays a tougher schedule this year compared to Maryville, Not taking away anything from MHS but playing the 3a and 4a state champs plus a good McCallie, Loudon and decent Region teams get a lil more consideration. Im sure when Maryville and Central lock up it will be all over the papers! Its just the match ups!

I'm shocked that Fulton is having this tough of a yr. I know several of the kids on this team and the talent that they have. The kns had said that the Gatewood brothers were big time players both over 300lbs. My wife also talked to a man at Home Depot that said he and his son had moved here from California. He said everyone on the West Coast was looking at his son and he was another 300lbder. I have yet to here anything about either one of these 3 young men. Ty Cobb being a sr, I felt this would be his yr. This looks like the Buck Coatney coached teams that I'm used to seeing. The Blacks are both great coaches, that have made Buck look good the past couple of yrs but I just wonder if Buck has read his own press and limited what the Blacks can do this yr.