The South Doyle Cherokees

Peter North

So us SD fans are supposed to tell our players they need to wait another 2 years while  .................................................................................  If this was a West Knoxville school things would be different.  And if Mr. Duncan is such a wonderful, legendary coach then why is he not coaching. I still say Powell can have him

825750392[/snapback]

If you havent noticed Bearden, the team you guys beat last year, hasnt just been a barn burner the last few years either. There hasnt been any changes there either. So dont say its just cause your in South Knox.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie 5, a couple things:

First of all, S-D does have school spirit.  I don't know where you've been, but over the past few years I see kids dressed up with paint and all kinds of gear, going crazy at football and basketball games.  At some away games, I've even noticed that S-D will have a bigger student section on the road than the home team will.  I call that school spirit....especially with the record the football team has had over the past few years.  I know this year has just begun, but last year saw great support from the students cheering for their team and their friends regardless of the score.  Don't try and downgrade the support that is their by students.

Secondly, drugs and violence are in every school these days.  What that has to do with football, i'm not completely sure.  I guess you just wanted to get your opinions of South Knoxville heard.  You may not like the area you live in, but I know many do.  This sports board about football isn't a place for you to complain about how you don't like the area.  Alot of south-doyle students and graduates are proud of the school they attend or attended, and would not have it differently.  Just because you don't like the area doesn't mean you should complain about how bad it is and only point out the bad aspects you see.  Many students in the area read these boards and you shouldn't be on here pointing out what you feel is wrong with their school and community.  Maybe they enjoy where they live.......many do.

And how do you know how the boys are treated during school.  You say the coaches ignore them?  That seems odd.

825753690[/snapback]

Hey Ballgame--the student section may be the biggest, and they may dress the dumbest, but what does that have to do with Football. The student section is an embarrasment, they have flithy mouths and strut around with their telephone numbers on their backs. Oh where was Duncan when the student section ran onto the field early, and could have gotten a penalty against SD. Oh yeah he was standing down there but he moved out of they way. Anyway on to football, Way to go SOUTH DOYLE, I am very proud of the team. Maybe they can take this win and move on in spite of Duncan. I was also happy to see the cops keeping the fence clear of spectators.

Hey Ballgame--the student section may be the biggest, and they may dress the dumbest, but what does that have to do with Football.  The student section is an embarrasment, they have flithy mouths and strut around with their telephone numbers on their backs.  Oh where was Duncan when the student section ran onto the field early, and could have gotten a penalty against SD.  Oh yeah he was standing down there but he moved out of they way.  Anyway on to football, Way to go SOUTH DOYLE, I am very proud of the team.  Maybe they can take this win and move on in spite of Duncan.  I was also happy to see the cops keeping the fence clear of spectators.

825755067[/snapback]

Your other post was about how there is no school spirit and support for the team. Seems as though you just admitted they have people there to support them. Dressing up for your team, cheering when they make good plays, and getting on the refs is part of the whole support thing by student sections. That is what student sections do. Have you ever seen major college programs' student sections? It's the same kind of thing, just on a much smaller level. And about Duncan, last year he was constantly keeping the football and especially basketball student section from doing many things they wanted to do. He said there had to be some control and sportsmanship......many thought he worried too much about what the kids were doing and didn't let them have fun and go all out cheering. It appears you're just looking for problems that surround the program. There are problems everywhere. Try enjoying the good things surrounding the program.

825755161[/snapback]

Hey ballgame, it sounds as if your might be someone in the student section. If so why don't you encourage some of those so called school spirited boys to get on the football field instead of being a "cheerleader" Also since your so concerned about the image of the student section, why don't you encourage them to clean up their dirty mouths. Apparently they haven't noticed the young children that have to sit around them. We pay to watch the game just like you all and would appreciate not having to hear the language. Oh and by the way when your an adult, and not still sitting with the students, and you have a son on the team that feels no support from the AD, and has even gone to the AD for help and is lied too, and a son that has

watched the student section leave before half time at some games, and a son that has never missed a practice, and a son that gives up a lot of things in order to play on this team, and a son that has had more coaches in his high school years than years in high school you write me

;) Great game on Friday! Hope you keep it up against Gibbs next Friday night. I hope the coaches don't lose their spirit from the game by reading all of these stupid comments some you people who know absolutely nothing about them say. They are great guys who seem to really like what they are doing and like the kids. Some of you know nothing!!!!!!!!!

GO CHEROKEES! :thumb:

Charlie 5

How could your son have more coaches (3) but really 2 since Chandler was only an interim coach than years in high school???

That made no sense. Even if he is a senior and you count Chandler he could only have 3.

Face it S-D hasn't been any good (except for 2001) since they had pretty good teams in '92 & '95.

Are there some atheletes on campus that would help??? Sure but if they won't play what in the heck is anyone supposed to do about it. You can't make them play. Bear Bryant couldn't take the current bunch of Cherokees and win. They just don'y have many players especially up front. Losing Lightfoot

(a guy with some skill) doesn't help either. If you are not very good up front it really doesn't matter how many skill players you have. Science Hill is a good example of this. They have good skill people but are very suspect on the line which allowed SCHS to piledrive their QB all night. It was the same thing last week vs. S-D. Only 3 miscues inside the 15 kept the score from being similar.

You gotta face the facts. Gibbs is the last realistic chance for a win in '05 and it won't get better much in '06 when Stevenson will be gone. On S-D's schedule there are 4 realistic chances for wins. Carter, West, Clinton and Gibbs. If they split those in '05 that will be improvement (if not very small) over 2004.

Hey ballgame, it sounds as if your might be someone in the student section.  If so why don't you encourage some of those so called school spirited boys to get on the football field instead of being a "cheerleader"  Also since your so concerned about the image of the student section, why don't you encourage them to clean up their dirty mouths.  Apparently they haven't noticed the young children that have to sit around them.  We pay to watch the game just like you all and would appreciate not having to hear the language.  Oh and by the way when your an adult, and not still sitting with the students, and you have a son on the team that feels no support from the AD, and has even gone to the AD for help and is lied too, and a son that has

watched the student section leave before half time at some games, and a son that has never missed a practice, and a son that gives up a lot of things in order to play on this team, and a son that has had more coaches in his high school years than years in high school you write me

825755164[/snapback]

Hmmmm sorry....wrong again my friend, not someone in the student section. So most of that post was pointless. I'm not going to comment too much about the part with your son because I have no idea where he stands in the program and what all has gone on with him, the coaches, and the athletic director. But, alot of what you described is how athletics are. Working as hard as possible, making the practices, making sacrifices, and watching people leave when you don't win or make the game exciting.

Sorry forgot a couple things. I'm not really worried about the image of the student sectoin, just showing you where i disagree witih what you said about them.

And you shouldn't force people to play a sport, they have to wanna play and have a love for the game. Unfortunately, it probably makes it harder to get kids to play a high school sport for a team that has trouble winning.

guys calm down a little, congrats to the cherokees for the great win, i am sure the student section was not as bad as it says but..... if there is poor language going on and the administration is doing nothing about it they should be ashamed. rem this is not a college campus and small children and adults should not have to listen to that type of language. student section shouldn't leave the game early despite the score, what type of message are you sending the guys who are playing? I am a true fan and also a parent and know how you feel when you see your children hurt and there is nobody who will stand up and give answers. Hopefully you guys will have some help in the future. By the way how is Darel Chandler and why is he not back home yet?