Tennessee vs UAB

timbdp

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Tennessee didnt play very well, but how can the AP drop them 3 spots for winning? LSU jumped Tennessee and they didnt even play! :rolleyes:

825741040[/snapback]

Don't worry about it. If we take care of business then we will still be in Pasadena to ring in 2006.

Two things two remember:

1. Never look at baseball standing until the end on April

2. Never judge a football team by it's first game.

I wasn't to happy after the game even though it was a win but watching the Phil Fulmer show this morning the game could easily have been 35,38 or 41-10.

If Wilhoite would have made that second FG. If FB Cory Anderson had caught or not batted the ball in the hour where it was intercepted inside the 10-15 yard line. The two Erik Ainge interceptions had he over threw them they would have been on the money. It wasn't like he threw into double coverage or misread a play. The dropped passes by the receivers from both QBs when they were wide open. The last play where Clasuen hit I think it was Fayton on the long pass that got them down inside the 20-15 before they ran out the clock.

They only punted once in the game.

If Notre Dame beats Michigan by two touchdowns or more I would bet that they will be ranked in the Top 10 if not Top 5 and will receive at least (5) first place votes. :angry:

825742698[/snapback]

You're probably right about that. They always get stuff given to them even when they're not that good.

OK, no one has said it yet, so I will be the first to say it this season! We need an OC, I was sitting in my house watching the game on TV and seen several plays we could have run that would have been HR plays! Am I the only one that noticed that we did not have a vertical game? Give me a break, you at least got to throw down field a few times to keep the defense honest! UAB started the game with their safeties playing 12-15 yards off the line, but by the 2nd quarter, UAB was playing every single player within 8 yards of the line of scrimmage and UT has 4 WR that are 6'3 and above that can run in the 4.3 to 4.4 range and UAB didnt not have a starting DB over 6'0, so you have to challenge them! I also noticed a few plays where UAB would stack one side or the other and UT would run right smack dab into the middle of it! I like some of the plays we have where we throw the ball out to the WR and let him do the rest, because in draws the D up to the line of scrimmage, but what is the point in doing that if you are not going to throw the ball deep? I know at Tennessee we have a rich tradition in running the ball and controlling the clock, and I love that but you have to at least attempt a long pass to keep the defense honest and UT didnt do that and if you noticed, the few big plays we did have was underneath crossing routes and the WR were fast enough to get by the safety and force a CB to come and make the tackle! My whole point is that Riggs had a huge first quarter when the Defense was respecting UT's passing game, but then once they realized we wasnt even gonna try to burn them deep, everyone just stepped up and stopped the run and contained the short passes!

On defense, I was very impressed with the way we put a clamp on there run game(23 rushes-53 yards), but we have to be able to contain a mobile QB, because Hackney was gettting out of the pocket and buying time for a receiver to get open and most of the time they did and we cant afford to be giving up 282 yards a game passing, and the DB's didnt play that bad, we have just got to be able to get to the QB, it seemed like Hackney was having all day to pass the ball!

But I do try to look at the bright side, it seems that the past two season we have came out very sloppy, then when we play Florida, it looks like a whole new ball team and a whole new game plan! I am starting to wonder if Fulmer isnt holding back a little bit, not wanting to show Florida to much before they play? <_<