Knoxville Halls vs Gibbs

fairplay2121

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby, being the avid devil fan you are (someone who can remember playoff games against Marville 8 years ago) you know that the last time Gibbs beat Halls was the 1991 season. Now I am not good at arithmetic nor am I ambidextrous but that is less than 20 years ago.

Interesting note-that game was played at Gibbs against an over confident Red Devil team. The Devils had better be ready to fight for a victory.

Well, if you want to include scrimmages into the equation of gibbs beating halls then that last time was two years ago before the start of the season. but we're twice as good as we were then and we're looking for vengance for our loss last week to central. i'm not going to make a prediction because i'm a player, but this will be a hard fought game on both sides of the ball.

rd94,

You are right, it was not 20 years ago, only 15. I do remember because I was in grade school at the time.

And it will be another 15 (or 20) years before Gibbs beats the Debils again. Tonight the Eaglets will pay for the loss last week to the Bobcats.

And yes I do have a memory of playoffs vs. Maryville - I played on the team, thank you very much.

bbs

Thank You Bobby, I too graduated from Halls in 99. What number were you? I am sure you don't want to share your name on here so let a fellow Red Devil know who you are. I didn't play but I am sure I can figure out by your number. As for the game, expect a fight from the Eagles.

Uneven rivalry for years finally got good when Gibbs and Holston combined. Any comments on this years game. I haven't heard much about Gibbs. Good luck to both teams.

825739726[/snapback]

I have read and heard the past two days about how the Halls 38-7 football win over Gibbs was such a great win. A win is always great but the Gibbs Football program is the worst in Knoxville. Halls has a good team and is well coached. They will have a good year and many years to come.

The only consolation or justification for such a poor overall record for the Gibbs cprogram is that A-E and Fulton were in the region. The nonregion opponents were extremely weak and account for the majority of the wins for Gibbs.

1993 6 wins 6 losses

1994 1 win 9 losses

1995 3 wins 8 losses

1996 4 wins 7 losses

1997 8 wins 3 losses

1998 3 wins 6 losses

1999 2 wins 8 losses

2000 3 wins 7 losses

2001 1 win 9 losses

2002 4 wins 6 losses

2003 2 wins 8 losses

2004 4 wins 6 losses

Reg Season Record=44 wins 83 losses = 34.6% win % and 65% loss%

Playoffs Record = 2 wins- 4 losses = 33.3% win % and 66.6% loss %

Overall records past 12 years = 44 wins and 83 losses

Interesting stats on Gibbs Football:

20 of the 44 regular season wins were against Union Co(7), Claiborne Co(5), Rutledge(6), Jellico(2). In the past 12 years Gibbs has lost 5 games to Rutledge, 1 game to Union Co, 1 game to Jellico.

When and where are the glory years? Maybe the 1970's when they beat up on the little schools in the surrounding counties. One winning season in 12 years is not a good showing by any standards. A-E and Carter both made coaching changes a few years ago and both programs took off again. The so called glory years of football at Gibbs High School were in the days of sharing the region with the Horace Maynard, Rutledge, Powell Valley and Claiborne County schools.