CAK vs Johnson County

APSU310

Does anyone have any information on Johnson County? I know that CAK is a team which relies on it skils players and quick linebackers to make plays. Dont know much about football in upper east tn....Someone feel me in on how they stack up and what you think the score will be.

Good Luck to Both Teams

Edited by APSU310

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from Johnson County and I can tell you the Longhorns are 2-0 after defeating Hampton and Unicoi County. They have a strong running attack and a huge offensive line. They have a quality secondary, but have not seen the likes of a passing attack like CAK's yet. Very strong special teams that probably won them the Hampton game. Have had problem with penalties so far. Overall a good team. By the way, I want to say that was a very nice post by wishing both teams good luck. I'm involved in the youth ministry at my church so I look forward to being in a Christian environment on Friday night. It's refreshing to see positive posts instead of negative. I wish you all the best of luck too.

Edited by Dukie

Im not sure of a predicting score. I dont know enough about CAK. I agree it is nice to see positive posts instead of negative. Johnson County usually meets with the opposing team at mid-field for the Lords prayer at the end of the game. But not all teams will do this. Unicoi would not after the game last week.

Best of luck to both teams.

Edited by cowgirl

I agree with you....I take my football as serious as the next guy, but lets be honest...it is a game...the sun will still rise on Saturday if your team looses and I feel that football is a charcter builder where teams learn to play hard, play fair, play lights out between the whistles, but at the end of the game show the due respect to the other team....This junk of trash talking and putting high school kids down on here is senseless...I watched the film on Johnson Co...They look real physical, should be fun and I wish all your fans a safe trip down to Knoxville...If you need directions or anything just let me know.

CAK beat Johnson County 22-8 last night. I thought the game was a little closer than the score would indicate but the Longhorns just couldn't score in the red zone. CAK is a good team and I wish them the best of luck. Their fans were some of the nicest people I have ever met at a football game. I got sick before the game (Got sick after eating at Ryan's) and they let me stay in the gym and rest until the game started. I also enjoyed the Christian atmosphere at the school. The lockers of the football players inside the school had Bible verses taped to them. I thought that was cool. Once again, best of luck and I wish you all were still in Single-A because I think you guys would have had a great chance to go far in that classification this year. JCHS plays Mountain Lakes Preseason Favorite Sullivan South next week. I know they're good, so we need to forget about this one and get ready for the Rebels.

Can anyone gimme some stats on the game? How did Harb and Bowland look? How bout the CAK def?

825746092[/snapback]

According to the News-Sentinel, Harb passed for 190 yards and was 21 of 28. CAK rushed for 82 yards (17 carries) and Bowland had the majority of those yards. He also made the last TD on a 19 yard run. Both of those players- as well as the whole team- looked much better than in the drumming last week. The defense had trouble holding Johnson County's running attack (they rushed for 175 yards), but twice held firm when Johnson Co. was 4th and 1 on the goal line and kept them from scoring, which was fantastic. The paper also said Joseph Bennett had 22 tackles and he seemed to be instrumental in the 4th qtr. in firing up the defense and making some awesome stops to keep them from getting back in the game. A good game and a timely victory for the Warriors.

CAK beat Johnson County 22-8 last night. I thought the game was a little closer than the score would indicate but the Longhorns just couldn't score in the red zone. CAK is a good team and I wish them the best of luck. Their fans were some of the nicest people I have ever met at a football game. I got sick before the game (Got sick after eating at Ryan's) and they let me stay in the gym and rest until the game started. I also enjoyed the Christian atmosphere at the school. The lockers of the football players inside the school had Bible verses taped to them. I thought that was cool. Once again, best of luck and I wish you all were still in Single-A because I think you guys would have had a great chance to go far in that classification this year. JCHS plays Mountain Lakes Preseason Favorite Sullivan South next week. I know they're good, so we need to forget about this one and get ready for the Rebels.

825746029[/snapback]

Although it says thou shalt not kill, CAK did a pretty good job of destroying Johnson Co. The Longhorns are a bad team in a not so good Mt. Lakes Conference

Edited by Sunny Smith

Although it says thou shalt not kill, CAK did a pretty good job of destroying Johnson Co.  The Longhorns are a bad team in a not so good Mt. Lakes Conference

825746178[/snapback]

:thumb: So much for the positive post on this thread. Do you like anyone? Does not seem so. As for Johnson County not being a good team in a not so good conference, that is your opinion. I just disagree. I just don't get on here and try to cut people and their teams up. Like you seem to do. Have you ever heard "if you can't say nothing nice don't say nothing at all"? I don't think so cause you have not said anything nice to anyone in any of your post.

Edited by cowgirl

Bubba61 how is the leg? So you play football for three years and never get injured and play a little pick up basketball and have a Tib Fib fracture....You shouldnt be playing those violent sports.....Defense held strong in the first quarter and finished strong....a little passive the middle quarters....Johnson Co had so many different formations that we had to check all the time....you would have loved it. Joseph Bennett led in tackles, Jeremy Miller was second with like 19 and Wes Stooks had a bunch of assist. Startind D tackle (Giest) had Strep and got a hip pointer in the first quarter....So we had to put some younger kids in who really stepped up...Johnson Co was big, real big....You know what they say, the bigger they are the harder they hit...there backs ran with authority and laid the wood when they arrived....everything was ISO, with the FB leading the way...Miller stepped up and took that on pretty well...I was really impressed with both teams, as one of the post suggested the game was closer than the score