CAK vs Johnson County

APSU310

Cowgirl,

Hey there friend. Keep in mind that Sunny Smith guy is from Elizabethton and not from CAK. The CAK fans have been very complimentary. It is a shame people get on here and talk trash about Johnson County and other schools. I believe in saying good things about our school but also others. Honestly, Johnson County is a playoff contender and that's not bad considering that five years ago we were playing 2A ball. We have to choose our kids from a 50-mile square while Elizabethton chooses from a five-mile square. I think JCHS does very well in sports considering the odds are stacked against us. Our volleyball team is probably going to the state tournament, our golf team is at the top of the conference, our softball team finished second in the district last year and we've had two All-State athletes in the last year and a half (Nathan Paisley and Ryann Tillman). And when Christian Prudhomme, Austin Phipps, Seth Captain and the Grindstaff boys are seniors, I really believe they will be one of the top Class 4A football teams in the state in 2008. I want to thank the CAK fans once again for their class. I know you all are in an extremely tough league, but I hope you all win the state championship. You all are a class-act school. And Cowgirl, thank you for standing up for these kids. I wish everybody had the heart that you do.

Edited by Dukie

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dukie,

If Johnson County has a 50-mile square to choose from, why can't they beat the meazly Cyclones who only get to pick from a five-mile radius? It seems to me that the mighty 'Horns have a lot more to pick from if your going on that. :P

I did get to see your boys play a few weeks ago and they whipped up on Unicoi County, but that's not saying much because everybody's doing that this year. Everybody's already talking hoops in Erwin.

By the way, how's things up in Poga? And is the Tillman girl the one with the hot mom? A lot of my buddies from Johnson County who hang out around campus talk about her.

As for Sunny's comment, I agree the Mountain Lakes is a not so good conference this year. I think only South has a chance of winning a playoff game out of that league this year.

The only chance CAK would have at winning a state championship is if they were playing the likes of Cloudland again. Alcoa is just too dominant and recuits better talent around that region than CAK. CAK needs to go out of state like Ezell-Harding did a few years ago, and bring in a good wideout from Texas.

Edited by acdcfan

Dukie,

If Johnson County has a 50-mile square to choose from, why can't they beat the meazly Cyclones who only get to pick from a five-mile radius? It seems to me that the mighty 'Horns have a lot more to pick from if your going on that. :D

I did get to see your boys play a few weeks ago and they whipped up on Unicoi County, but that's not saying much because everybody's doing that this year. Everybody's already talking hoops in Erwin.

By the way, how's things up in Poga?  And is the Tillman girl the one with the hot mom? A lot of my buddies from Johnson County who hang out around campus talk about her.

As for Sunny's comment, I agree the Mountain Lakes is a not so good conference this year. I think only South has a chance of winning a playoff game out of that league this year.

The only chance CAK would have at winning a state championship is if they were playing the likes of Cloudland again. Alcoa is just too dominant and recuits better talent around that region than CAK. CAK needs to go out of state like Ezell-Harding did a few years ago, and bring in a good wideout from Texas.

825747239[/snapback]

looks like johnson county got a taste of the private school blues,remember these guys were playing in 1-A last year

Dukie,

If Johnson County has a 50-mile square to choose from, why can't they beat the meazly Cyclones who only get to pick from a five-mile radius? It seems to me that the mighty 'Horns have a lot more to pick from if your going on that. :D

By the way, how's things up in Poga?  And is the Tillman girl the one with the hot mom? A lot of my buddies from Johnson County who hang out around campus talk about her.

825747239[/snapback]

What's up ACDC/Fan. To clarify what I meant, Johnson County is a spread out county. Part of the county is close to Boone, part of the county is close to Bristol and part of the county is close to Elizabethton. If you've noticed, the number of kids playing football at JCHS is very low. It's hard to get parents to travel to pick up their kids from practice. Elizabethton has a lot of advantages as a city school. Things are a lot more accessible. That's what I meant by that. I agree the conference is a little down this year, but I do think Johnson County does well. Big freshman game on Thursday with Elizabethton.

I think Unicoi will be good again in hoops this year. How is Ben Hardin doing?

About Tillman, she is one of the best athletes I have ever seen and she's also a nice person. I went out to eat with her family on Wednesday night after the Watauga match. We've got a big match against South Greene on Tuesday.

Well, I've got work to do but wanted to let you know that I'm looking forward to Michael Vick run all over your Colts in the Super Bowl. Marcus looked good the other day against Duke.

In Christ,

Dukie

Edited by Dukie

Bubba61 how is the leg?  So you play football for three years and never get injured and play a little pick up basketball and have a Tib Fib fracture....You shouldnt be playing those violent sports.....Defense held strong in the first quarter and finished strong....a little passive the middle quarters....Johnson Co had so many different formations that we had to check all the time....you would have loved it.  Joseph Bennett led in tackles, Jeremy Miller was second with like 19 and Wes Stooks had a bunch of assist.  Startind D tackle (Giest) had Strep and got a hip pointer in the first quarter....So we had to put some younger kids in who really stepped up...Johnson Co was big, real big....You know what they say, the bigger they are the harder they hit...there backs ran with authority and laid the wood when they arrived....everything was ISO, with the FB leading the way...Miller stepped up and took that on pretty well...I was really impressed with both teams, as one of the post suggested the game was closer than the score

825746564[/snapback]

Leg is as good as it can be. Spiral fracture on the fibula and broke the tibia clear through not to mention breaking/dislocating the ankle. I had 5 hours of surgery and I have something like 12 screws and a metal plate in there. Can't put weight on it for 4 months and I probably can't play hardcore sports in the future. The ironic part of this is that the day before I broke it I went out and got some basketball shoes so that I wouldn't roll my ankles. Sounds like a great game to watch, is Miller handling the checks? Its good to hear hes plugging the holes, but even if he wasn't I have faith that Bennett and Stooks would clean up. That group is just sick. I am impressed that we could take Geist out and still battle with their big line/hard runners. Sounds like we are shaping up to have a hard-nosed defense; I'll see if I can make it to a non-Alcoa game and get a look.

Leg is as good as it can be. Spiral fracture on the fibula and broke the tibia clear through not to mention breaking/dislocating the ankle. I had 5 hours of surgery and I have something like 12 screws and a metal plate in there. Can't put weight on it for 4 months and I probably can't play hardcore  sports in the future. The ironic part of this is that the day before I broke it I went out and got some basketball shoes so that I wouldn't roll my ankles. Sounds like a great game to watch, is Miller handling the checks? Its good to hear hes plugging the holes, but even if he wasn't I have faith that Bennett and Stooks would clean up. That group is just sick. I am impressed that we could take Geist out and still battle with their big line/hard runners. Sounds like we are shaping up to have a hard-nosed defense; I'll see if I can make it to a non-Alcoa game and get a look.

825747522[/snapback]

Bubba, really sorry to hear about the serious injury. I'll be praying for a full recovery. Maybe this is payback for the kid you knocked out at basketball camp a few years ago. Remember???

Bubba, really sorry to hear about the serious injury. I'll be praying for a full recovery. Maybe this is payback for the kid you knocked out at basketball camp a few years ago. Remember???

825747681[/snapback]

How was I supposed to know he had a metal plate in his head? He was shoving as much as I was...let's just say the better man won that one.

Can anyone tell me if CAK has finally put in the Power-I formation? And what is this I hear about Geist running the ball?