Brentwood Invitational

VballDaddy78

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the teams, VBDaddy78. I'll keep looking for a schedule from Brentwood's website. I think I will be there to watch the action and provide the scores. Looks like a pretty lineup, even without the KY. teams.

Ooltewah will really be tested against Brentwood, I'm not sure what Collierville has this year, and DCA usually will provide good play.

Hope to see you there.

The schedule for the BIVT should become available some time later tonight. Brentwood has been busy this weekend and Coach Barbara Campbell & Assistant Coach Jeff Frazier are finalizing the details as fast as possible. It will be another great tournament - as it always is - with some of the best teams in the state. You can check at:

Brentwood Volleyball

for updates concerning the BIVT

Thanks for the teams, VBDaddy78.  I'll keep looking for a schedule from Brentwood's website.  I think I will be there to watch the action and provide the scores.  Looks like a pretty lineup, even without the KY. teams.

Ooltewah will really be tested against Brentwood, I'm not sure what Collierville has this year, and DCA usually will provide good play.

Hope to see you there.

825746518[/snapback]

Yes, PM, I plan to be there. Should be some very good Vball, jut like this past weekend. I can't hardly wait!

I can hardly wait either VBallDaddy78. The Brentwood people always put on a great tournament and their parents do an excellent job with the food. They probably will have 4 courts - courts 1 & 2 in their main gym, court 3 in their auxillary gym close to the main gym, and court 4 at Brentwood Middle which is just down the block - most people just walk to it. There will be top notch officiating here - maybe even TheGreatLineJudge will make an appearance. I'll warn you in advance to watch your ball handling as they call things a little closer than East TN officials.

See you Friday afternoon.

A quick check of the above link to Brentwood shows the info is "Coming Soon" as of 6:45 AM Central. I'm sure we'll see a schedule some time today so teams will know what time to arrive on Friday for their 1st match. ivolly will let us know the schedule as soon as possible I know. Sometimes teams have to drop out because of unforeseen circumstances and replacements have to be found on short notice. I don't know that is the case here or not, but it does happen once in a while when you're dealing with a large field of teams from across the state. I'll keep checking Brentwood's site for updates during the day.

Sorry, no time to post the schedule right now. It is available at brentwoodvolleyball.com however. Initial pools posted by vbdaddy do look correct. Times and further info available by downloading the Word document from the brentwood website.

One note: teams may bring their own coolers and food this weekend because the JV is going to Louisville and we will may be a bit short-staffed. However, the concessions will be up and running and will have delicious food again. Also, all profits made in the BIVT concessions will be donated to the RED CROSS KATRINA RELIEF FUND.

Here is some basic info on the BIVT:

Each team will play 3 matches Friday night

Saturday will have 4 pools of 1st place teams from Friday's pool play, 2nd place teams, 3rd place teams, and 4th place teams.

There will be a 16 team single elimination bracket based on the pool play.

Each team is guartanteed 7 matches with the possibility of 10 matches if you reach the finals of the bracket.

Matches will be best 2 of 3 to 25 pts with game 3 to 15, no cap.

The tie-breaking procedure will be:

1 - Head to Head results

2 - Games Won %

3 - Points Won %

4 - Coin Toss

The Friday pools and their court location are as follows:

Pool A - Court 1

Brentwood, Collierville, DCA, Ooltewah

Pool B - Court 2

Franklin, Dobyns-Bennett, Father Ryan, Harding

Pool C - Court 3

Independence, Germantown, BGA, East Ridge

Pool D - Court 4

Centennial, Baylor, Harpeth Hall, Siegel

Friday Schedule:

4 PM - Brentwood vs DCA, Franklin vs Father Ryan, Independence vs BGA, Centennial vs Harpeth Hall

5 PM - Brentwood vs Ooltewah, Franklin vs Harding, Independence vs East Ridge, Centennial vs Siegel

6 PM - Collierville vs DCA, Dobyns-Bennett vs Father Ryan, Germantown vs BGA, Baylor vs Harpeth Hall

7 PM - Brentwood vs Collierville, Franklin vs Dobyns-Bennett, Independence vs Germantown, Centennial vs Baylor

8 PM - DCA vs Ooltewah, Father Ryan vs Harding, BGA vs East Ridge, Harpeth Hall vs Siegel

9 PM - Collierville vs Ooltewah, Dobyns-Bennett vs Harding, Germantown vs East Ridge, Baylor vs Siegel

Saturday Pool Play will begin at 8:30 AM with the 1st place teams on Court 1, 2nd place on Court 2, 3rd place on Court 3, and 4th place on Court 4.

Saturday Bracket Play will begin following the final pool play match. I would guess that would be around 3 PM.

Edited by PageMan

Thanks to the kind soul who entered all the matches for the Friday Pools on the teams' schedules. I was going to do it if nobody else did, but someone beat me to it. I'll try to call in all the matches as they occur if possible. If not, I'll enter the results when I get back home Friday night. If possible, I'll try to enter the Sat. Pool games late Friday night. Friday is a busy night on coacht, so I hope the scoreboard will be updated promptly when I call in the scores. Thanks again to the person who entered Friday's matches.

Thanks to the kind soul who entered all the matches for the Friday Pools on the teams' schedules.  I was going to do it if nobody else did, but someone beat me to it.  I'll try to call in all the matches as they occur if possible.  If not, I'll enter the results when I get back home Friday night.  If possible, I'll try to enter the Sat. Pool games late Friday night.  Friday is a busy night on coacht, so I hope the scoreboard will be updated promptly when I call in the scores.  Thanks again to the person who entered Friday's matches.

825750726[/snapback]

All the thanks go to CoachT. I sent an email with the specifics and said I would enter them if needed but CoachT was more than nice enough to take care of. I have trouble entering "Game Info", especially from one of my computers.

PM, I probably won't have access to a computer while in Nashville, so any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.