Fast Runners

chuffy88

not running harldy at all for a couple weeks and going from 14 miles a day to zilch is going to make me continue to improve like your teammate? i'm taking a different route than normal and do not have the opportunity to try and peak with training. i'm not trying to make excuses though. other runners have gone through and are going through things ten times worse than this. look at ryan sheridan (a soph who made it to FL Nat's then couldn't run for a year with internal problems and injuries). believe me, i'm gonna go all out. look at the physiological aspects and adaptations lost after just 7-10 days off and it stinks, but those are if you are not exercising at all and i have been on the elliptical and the bike (so you're right there). but, simply running through pain (and being able to run and do workouts) is a lot different than not being able to run. tendonitis is not the same in different areas. some tendonitis you can run through and still do well and not run with a different gait. do your research on anterior tibial tendonitis...it can knock guys out for half a year or more and can ruin your career if you take it lightly. you can't run normally because each time your foot hits the ground it hurts and shakes. if you run through too much pain, the next step is a stress fracture.

when i ran that 15:16 though, it was off a 93 mile week and lower iron. I wish i could have had taken the next step (speed and taper) with a period of good speedwork, but I do trust my fitness and will not use this as an excuse. it's been a good season and i hope it gets better. just because my name is todd or whatever you said does not mean that i'm invincible and can take a couple weeks off and still run the same. are you saying if i had a stress fracture or mono i'd have no excuse to slow down? i don't get it. i will say that i've been fortunate to be able to run a few times in the past couple of weeks and been able to cross train without pain for 2 hours or so a day. however you look at it, though, everyone was 45-50 seconds closer to me than usual on thursday and i should have been under 15. i will have to run much better next week if i want to do well. FL is iffy right now...i will only run if i can get back to training this week.

good luck to you as well next week...you guys can take it all and i'm rooting for you.

I'm not sayin you're "invinsible" im just saying dont use it as an excuse. You're a great runner and im not trying to take anything away from you but just use it as an excuse although i do kno that it is given you a lot of trouble.

Good luck to you in the next few weeks.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not running harldy at all for a couple weeks and going from 14 miles a day to zilch is going to make me continue to improve like your teammate? i'm taking a different route than normal and do not have the opportunity to try and peak with training. i'm not trying to make excuses though. other runners have gone through and are going through things ten times worse than this. look at ryan sheridan (a soph who made it to FL Nat's then couldn't run for a year with internal problems and injuries). believe me, i'm gonna go all out. look at the physiological aspects and adaptations lost after just 7-10 days off and it stinks, but those are if you are not exercising at all and i have been on the elliptical and the bike (so you're right there). but, simply running through pain (and being able to run and do workouts) is a lot different than not being able to run. tendonitis is not the same in different areas. some tendonitis you can run through and still do well and not run with a different gait. do your research on anterior tibial tendonitis...it can knock guys out for half a year or more and can ruin your career if you take it lightly. you can't run normally because each time your foot hits the ground it hurts and shakes. if you run through too much pain, the next step is a stress fracture.

when i ran that 15:16 though, it was off a 93 mile week and lower iron. I wish i could have had taken the next step (speed and taper) with a period of good speedwork, but I do trust my fitness and will not use this as an excuse. it's been a good season and i hope it gets better. just because my name is todd or whatever you said does not mean that i'm invincible and can take a couple weeks off and still run the same. are you saying if i had a stress fracture or mono i'd have no excuse to slow down? i don't get it. i will say that i've been fortunate to be able to run a few times in the past couple of weeks and been able to cross train without pain for 2 hours or so a day. however you look at it, though, everyone was 45-50 seconds closer to me than usual on thursday and i should have been under 15. i will have to run much better next week if i want to do well. FL is iffy right now...i will only run if i can get back to training this week.

good luck to you as well next week...you guys can take it all and i'm rooting for you.

Todd, man u know i have faith in u, and love for u man, most everyone who knows of you, or at least decently well kno whow hard you work, i refuse to beleive its for naught, even if you've forfeited some training, if nothing else it gives u a mental edge, you can prolly endure more pain than any person i know, i can tell by the way u run..... Good Luck buddy, i know you'll do great

:angry:

Todd, man u know i have faith in u, and love for u man, most everyone who knows of you, or at least decently well kno whow hard you work, i refuse to beleive its for naught, even if you've forfeited some training, if nothing else it gives u a mental edge, you can prolly endure more pain than any person i know, i can tell by the way u run..... Good Luck buddy, i know you'll do great

:ph34r:

thanks man...i still want to go down there and win the thing. i have been able to run pretty much pain-free these last 2 days and feel like i will be back to full health soon. good luck to everyone this saturday!