Alcoa vs. McCallie

alcoasportsguy22

This week Alcoa will play McCallie at McCallie. What are your thoughts on how the game will go and what does each team need to do in order to win. I personally see Alcoa coming out on top mainly because on the running game. But I still don't know about the Alcoa's secondary. I hear McCallie's qb is ''The Real Deal''. And it definatly doesn't help any that SS Logan Love will most likely not be playing due to a shoulder injury. Even with a great back up in Jamar Walker I think Love has more experience.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TENNESSEE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

Saturday, September 17, 2005

To estimate the score difference of a game, compare the two

teams PR and add 3 points to the home team for the average HFA

Compiled: 02:41:47 on 09-11-2005

Through Saturday's games September 10, 2005

Ratings sorted by classes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teams: Class WIN LOSE TIE PR

1 RIVERDALE 5A 4 0 0 148.61

2 OAK RIDGE 5A 3 0 0 143.51

3 MEMPHIS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL (MUS) A3 4 0 0 143.29

4 MARYVILLE 4A 3 0 0 141.58

5 CHRISTIAN BROTHERS (CBHS) A3 4 0 0 139.31

6 MONTGOMERY BELL ACADEMY (MBA) A3 2 2 0 138.95

7 BRENTWOOD ACADEMY A3 3 0 0 138.53 Loss

8 ALCOA 2A 3 1 0 138.43

9 MELROSE 4A 3 1 0 136.70

10 OOLTEWAH 5A 4 0 0 135.16 Loss

11 BAYLOR A3 3 1 0 134.59 Loss

12 KNOXVILLE CATHOLIC 3A 3 0 0 134.38

13 KNOXVILLE CENTRAL 4A 3 0 0 133.63

14 GERMANTOWN 5A 1 2 0 133.12

15 BRENTWOOD 5A 3 0 0 132.33

16 HILLSBORO 4A 2 1 0 131.77

17 McCALLIE A3 2 1 0 130.54

Should be interesting #8 vs #17. After this weeks loss by Baylor and BA, McCallie should be close to Alcoa in the Power rating. Should be a great game but I will be pulling for the little public school to break the heart of the Super 7 Preps!

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

Seems Alcoa is Alcoa's worst enemy. Not in physical play, but mentally. When they play with heart and emotion they play very well. Keeping the team playing at that level is tricky. I saw a noticable drop off in the 2nd half of the loudon game, and that worries me. When a team gets up or down, they need to dig down deep and find the desire to play at 100%. Yes, they were up 21-0 at half time, but a let-up can sometimes bring a team back quickly. Bottom line, I am still looking for that Alcoa team that played the play-off's and championship in `04. That team NEVER let-up!

If Alcoa plays with heart and emotion and gives 100%.....I think they can beat McCallie.

Any let-up, with a solid team like McCallie, and it'll be a long trip back to Blount County.

-BlountCountySportsFan

Seems Alcoa is Alcoa's worst enemy. Not in physical play, but mentally. When they play with heart and emotion they play very well. Keeping the team playing at that level is tricky. I saw a noticable drop off in the 2nd half of the loudon game, and that worries me. When a team gets up or down, they need to dig down deep and find the desire to play at 100%. Yes, they were up 21-0 at half time, but a let-up can sometimes bring a team back quickly. Bottom line, I am still looking for that Alcoa team that played the play-off's and championship in `04. That team NEVER let-up!

If Alcoa plays with heart and emotion and gives 100%.....I think they can beat McCallie.

Any let-up, with a solid team like McCallie, and it'll be a long trip back to Blount County.

-BlountCountySportsFan

825754475[/snapback]

Good post!

assuming that McCallie is disciplined because they are white and rich is pretty ignorant. But it doesn't surprise me coming from someone from MHS. Why else would you assume McCallie is disciplined? Maryville doesn't play them, and they didn't play in Murfreesboro. Have you just heard or what? You can make excuses all day but we all know you just goofed up big time.

assuming that McCallie is disciplined because they are white and rich is pretty ignorant.  But it doesn't surprise me coming from someone from MHS.  Why else would you assume McCallie is disciplined?  Maryville doesn't play them, and they didn't play in Murfreesboro.  Have you just heard or what?  You can make excuses all day but we all know you just goofed up big time.

825755040[/snapback]

Hey Uncle Ted......would you please point out where I assumed they were white and rich? Remember something Uncle Ted........Maryville played Powell.....Powell played McCallie....any chance I may have watched the tape? LMBO.....now who is the idiot.

I guess it still stings that you were made out to be an idiot last week.

Edited by MLREB