scott county vs. fulton

piledriver22

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will these single A schools ever learn that there is no comparision when it comes to 3A football. Oneida has had two maybe three teams that could and did compete with Scott's 3A schedule. Here are a few perfect examples:

1992 Oneida wins the A State Title, but they lose to Livingston Academy in regular season.

1993 Livingston rolls into SHS and gets physically beat to death and loses 16-7.

Livingston had a better team in 1993 than in 1992. That victory put SHS in the playoffs.

1994 Scott gets thumped by eventual 2A State Champs Harriman

1994 Oneida beats Harriman at Harriman and then loses to them in the semifinals.

1999 Scott and Oneida "pratice together", it was more like a circus. Scott cannot be stopped and the boys from Oneida see what is like to get hit by players from AAA.

It is easy to make the 2nd and 3rd round of the playoffs when you compete with poor competition. Now don't get me wrong Oneida has been successful in their regions over the years, but they cannot compete with a SHS type schedule. There are 1A schools that can compete with and beat most 5A schools in the state, but Oneida is not one of them and never has been.

A whole other issue would be if Oneida only accepted students that lived inside the "city limits". Man I can name player after player that could have played at Scott. The entire concept and just small town politics. If the politics were not there the school would have been condemed in the early 1990's by the state.

Anyway, whatever, who really cares. I just like to watch the players play, learn, and become a valid part of our community.

Evidently SHS can't "compete with a SHS type schedule". Why don't you stop running your mouth to someone in a smaller division and talk about this dog whipping your about to get from someone that is from AAA

I HATE TO BREAK IT TO YOU BUT,YOU ALL ARE DEFINETLEY NOT THE BIG BOYS NEVER HAVE BEEN NEVER WILL BE.

hey ndn lookin at my feet and my ever expanding waistline i'd say i'm a pretty big boy :thumb: guys seriously get over it we ain't played in 22 years! and it don't look like we gonna play any time soon. let the kids play and us ole timers doi the talkin' i wish Both teams nothin but the best. i've got family on bothe teams and i want the whole county to look good. knowwattaimean!

Cleveland[/url]' post='825768896' date='Sep 30 2005 - 10:06 AM']

Evidently SHS can't "compete with a SHS type schedule". Why don't you stop running your mouth to someone in a smaller division and talk about this dog whipping your about to get from someone that is from AAA

YOU IGNORENT FOOL I AM A FHS FAN. YOUR SO CAUGHT UP IN COMARING SINGLE A ONEIDA TO THE BIG BOYS YOU CAN'T EVEN KEEP IT ALL STRAIGHT...