Franklin Invitational

PageMan

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Harpeth Hall dropped out earlier in the week. Has another team dropped out since yesterday and who was it, ivolly?

I will try to get the schedules corrected if possible, but since it's Friday, CoachT will be busy with football action. I will correct the schedule posted above as soon as I find out more info from various sources I have emailed. Please check with your coach for any possible changes that may occur.

Edited by PageMan

Speculation: If the team that dropped out is from Pool #1 or Pool #2, then I would assume that a team from the 5 team pool of #3 would be moved into the open slot. This would mean that Pool 3 would have the schedules of the other pools and play all of their pool matches on Friday. This would also change the Crossover Schedule for Sat. If the team that dropped out is from Pool #3, then the same would apply which would not affect the schedules of Pools 1 and 2. Any movement between pools will have the greatest change as a team originally scheduled to play at Grassland, may be playing at the Franklin site. This speculation is based on not finding a team to replace the team that dropped out. Stay tuned for futher developments as I hope to get some updates later today.

David Lipscomb has dropped out and Page will move to Pool #2 as team #4. Pool #3 is now a 4 team pool with team numbering as follows: 1 Wilson Central, 2 BGA, 3 USJ, 4 Hillsboro. All 3 pools will now complete pool play on Friday. Saturday's Crossover matches will change too, I guess. I'll will adjust the schedule above for the change and will try to get the schedules changed on the scoreboard if possible.

Friday Pool Results:

Pool #1

Franklin d. Brentwood Academy 25-7, 25-21

Hume-Fogg d. Mt. Juliet 25-12, 25-14

Franklin d. Mt. Juliet 25-11, 25-11

Brentwood Academy d. Hume-Fogg 25-19, 25-19

Franklin d. Hume-Fogg 25-8, 27-25

Brentwood Academy d. Mt. Juliet 25-10, 25-23

Pool #1 Finish:

1st Franklin 3-0, 2nd Brentwood Academy 2-1, 3rd Hume-Fogg 1-2, 4th Mt. Juliet 0-3

Pool #2

Independence d. Page 25-14, 25-17

Centennial d. Pearl Cohn 25-11, 25-7

Independence d. Pearl Cohn 25-9, 25-16

Centennial d. Page 25-19, 25-14

Independence d. Centennial 25-18, 26-24

Page d. Pearl Cohn 25-7, 25-9

Pool #2 Finish:

1st Independence 3-0, 2nd Centennial 2-1, 3rd Page 1-2, 4th Pearl Cohn 0-3

Pool #3

BGA d. Wilson Central 25-15, 25-21

Wilson Central d. Hillsboro 25-17, 25-18

USJ d. Wilson Central 25-17, 25-21

BGA d. USJ 25-21, 25-18

BGA d. Hillsboro 25-14, 25-16

USJ d. Hillsboro 25-19, 27-25

Pool #3 Finish:

1st BGA 3-0, 2nd USJ 2-1, 3rd Wilson Central 1-2, 4th Hillsboro 0-3

I will post the Sat. Pool Schedules shortly.

Edited by PageMan

Saturday Pool Set-up:

Pool A 1st place teams - Franklin, Independence, BGA

Pool B 2nd place teams - USJ, Centennnial, Brentwood Academy

Pool C 3rd place teams - Hume-Fogg, Page, Wilson Central

Pool D 4th place teams - Hillsboro, Pearl Cohn, Mt. Juliet

Here is the Saturday Pool Schedule by Court

Court 1 at Franklin:

8 AM - Franklin vs BGA

9 AM - Independence vs BGA

10 AM - Franklin vs Independence

11 AM - Hume-Fogg vs Page

Court 2 at Franklin:

8 AM - USJ vs Brentwood Academy

9 AM - Centennial vs Brentwood Academy

10 AM - Page vs Wilson Central

11 AM - USJ vs Centennial

Court 3 at Grassland Middle

8 AM - Hume-Fogg vs Wilson Central

9 AM - Hillsboro vs Mt. Juliet

10 AM - Pearl Cohn vs Mt. Juliet

11 AM - Hillsboro vs Pearl Cohn

Note that Pool C is played on 3 different courts - please make sure you are at the correct court

Bracket Info:

All six teams in Pool A and Pool B have already qualified for the Gold Division

In Pool C, the top 2 teams go to the Gold Division and the 3rd place team to Silver

In Pool D, all 3 teams go to the Silver Division

Bracket play starts at 12:30 on all courts

The Semi-Finals in the Gold Division are at approximately 2:30

The Final in the Silver Division is at 2:30 at Grassland

The Final in the Gold Division is at 3:30 at Franklin

Edited by PageMan

I have submitted the 12 Matches for Sat. Pool play to be added to the teams' schedules on coacht. The matches are shown now on the Inside Pages for each team under upcoming matches. They should appear on the full schedule page sometime tomorrow morning, hopefully before the matches begin at 8 AM. I will check each teams' schedule for any errors from last night and any other schedule changes that may be necessary including matches that were not played or any duplications in their schedules. I will re-check all entries and scores at 5 AM and see if all is well. Good night - see you tomorrow in Franklin in what should be an exciting day of VB action.

Saturday's Results:

Championship: Independence d. Franklin 26-24, 25-20

All-Tournament Team:

Centennial: #24 Annie Kelly

BGA: #7 Caitlin Graham

Franklin: #11 Courtney Koupal and #14 Courtney Barnes

Independence: #8 Sam Serley, #2 Tess Perilli, and #1 Liz Powell

Semi-Finals:

Independence d. BGA 26-24, 26-24

Franklin d. Centennial 25-15, 17-25, 15-11

Bracket 1st Round:

Independence d. Wilson Central 25-17, 27-29, 15-8

Franklin d. Page 25-19, 25-14

BGA d. USJ 25-14, 25-22

Centennial d. Brentwood Academy 26-24, 16-25, 15-8

Sat. Pool Play:

Pool A:

Franklin d. BGA 25-21, 25-17

Independence d. BGA 26-24, 25-22, 15-6

Franklin d. Independence 25-19, 25-21

Pool B:

USJ d. Brentwood Academy 25-19, 22-25, 16-14

Centennial d. Brentwood Academy 25-21, 25-14

Centennial d. USJ 25-27, 25-19, 16-14

Pool C:

Wilson Central d. Hume-Fogg 25-12, 25-20

Wilson Central d. Page 25-21, 20-25, 15-13

Page d. Hume-Fogg 25-14, 25-20

Pool D:

Mt. Juliet d. Hillsboro 25-21, 24-26, 19-17

Mt. Juliet d. Pearl Cohn 25-18, 25-13

Hillsboro d. Pearl Cohn 25-13, 25-23

I do not have any results from the Silver Division at Grassland, sorry.

Thanks to all the people at Franklin for putting on another great tournament. Special thanks to Franklin Coach Jay Golsteyn and Parent Mary Koupal.

The food was great and the matches ran on time all day. I thought the officiating was excellent with very few errors and tight calling of the ball handling errors and net violations. I had a great time, but it was a long day. Good night.

Edited by PageMan

So Franklin and Independence split today.

What happened in their other match ups this season?

And, compare Franklin, Independence, Georgetown, Collierville and siegel at this juncture in the season.

Thanks.

Pageman, you can't go to bed! The Pageman never sleeps. We are counting on you to get to LaVergne for those results ..and swing by Anderson County for thiers too if you don't mind.

JUUUUST kidding. Thanks for all you do Pageman.

Edited by ComPassion