Kingston VS Loudon

NeylandRuled

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I decided to try a different prespective for this game. I sat on the Loudon side. Enjoyed talking to an older gentleman that is a long time Loudon supporter and historian of Loudon football. As we both argreed, Loudon has a better football team than in the past few years, but still aren't good enough to beat the top teams in their region.

What was his take on Kingston? Alot of talent, but "weak on effort" and "predictable". He called most of the Kingston plays on offense before the center snapped the ball, correctly! He said Kingston looked like they were "playing tag football" on defense.

Why did Kingston let Loudon run over 80% of their plays to left side of the defense, and not make any adjustments to stop them? Why is the Johnson kid being used as if he is the only talent on Kingston's team? He can not hold on to the football. 3 fumbles? I agree with the Loudon fan I sat next to, it ain't hard to key on one person during the game knowing that he's going to get 90% of the carries. The Zeigler kid ran the ball 1 time, I believe, and got 8-10 yards. Givens had a terrible game throwing the ball.

"Weak on effort", players fault. "Predictable", coaches fault. Talented team going in the wrong direction, ??? fault.

;)

Could someone from Kingston post Vic Kings record since he has been there? And how many times they have been in playoffs? And folks try to remember theirs the other parts of this game your not thinking about such as molding young men and etc... Or is it always what have you done for me lately? Its very hard to Win all the time thats why they play the game...

Could someone from Kingston post Vic Kings record since he has been there? And how many times they have been in playoffs? And folks try to remember theirs the other parts of this game your not thinking about such as molding young men and etc... Or is it always what have you done for me lately? Its very hard to Win all the time thats why they play the game...

T.M., I'm not taking a shot at the coaches on a personal level. Yes, they do a very good job of "molding young men". You and I both know that his record/playoffs doesn't have anything to do with this. You also know that a good coach is measured more by how good he transforms a team of so-so athletes, rather than good athletes. This year Coach K. has the "good" athletes, but has chosen to ride the back of only one of them. Why? What is that telling the other "good" athletes? What is that telling the other teams? #34 is going to get the ball as many times as he wants, and, if you can stop him or make him fumble, you will beat Kingston. I've heard time and time again that the reason Kingston went to the new west coast offense was to utilize the talent of Givens. That's bull! It was simply put in to try and spread the defense out more so teams wouldn't put 9-10 in the box to stop #34. Well, they've figured that out.

T.M., since when did you become so politically correct? Wasn't long ago you made the statement that you hoped Kingston would loss every game. Guess you have to watch your image now that your on TV. :thumb:

Oh, Oskie, we do agree on something. In this day and age, present means more than past. I know when I played, I could care less about what the teams before me had done, I wanted my team to win. I doubt that the current Kingston players are grading the coaching staff of years past. They'll remember what they did when they played.

Bleachercoach- you must be a disgruntled parent. You guys come and go every year. Coaches like Vic King see them all the time. He'll still be there long after you and yours are gone. You have the right to your opinions, its just everyone has one and if coaches listen to you, someone else would be unhappy. When you're losing it gets ugly, nobody is happy. Coach King and his staff are good at what they do, they don't need your second guessing everything they do. If you are a true Jacket fan, support them. Sometimes the opposition is just better.

Ive never said I hope they lose every game thats just something else youve made up in that tiny little brain. I wish Kingston could win their region every year being from Roane Co. I may pull against them when they play Harriman and OS but know other time. If you want to blast Vic or anyone else wear it out but dont put me in it I will say what I wont to say without your help...Adams...

As I have said several times on this forum, I don't currently have kid's playing at Kingston, but have had. I'm not a disgruntled parent, but a disgruntled fan. Isn't second guessing part of the fun for this forum?

BBallTN, again, nice try at the name recognition. Although I don't think "Adams" would appreciate you putting him in the same league you have put me. He thinks he's figured out who I am also, but he hasn't. I've given you alot of hints in the past and still my ole blue devil buddy can't get it right.

Got to get on the road, but one last question BBallTN, why didn't you come to the Kingston coaches defense Friday night when they were being bashed on TV?