ESPN hates UT

Gerry Bertier

Has anyone noticed how much ESPN can not stand UT? I mean last night on Sportscenter they showed one highlight from the entire game and then ran stats for the game. Then this morning on Cold Pizza, Skip Bayless basically said UT should of let LSU win cause that loss put more salt in the wound for the Louisana people. I mean come on, what is UT suspose to do lay down at halftime and not try? The they keep pointing out the obvious holding call against LSU in OT. However no one is pointing out that Jesse Mahelona was held in LSU's series in OT and nothing was called. I mean what does ESPN have against UT? Ever since they hyped up Charles Woodson for Hiesman they have been against UT, am I the only one that feels this way?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh trust me, you're not alone. I've never seen ESPN give Tennessee any kind of love. I was surprised to see Kirk Herbsreit pick the Vols to beat LSU last night, (he's really the only one that doesn't have a problem with us). ESPN did gain back SOME points in my book; however, after firing the biggest UT- hater of them all, TREV ALBERTS.

Has anyone noticed how much ESPN can not stand UT? I mean last night on Sportscenter they showed one highlight from the entire game and then ran stats for the game. Then this morning on Cold Pizza, Skip Bayless basically said UT should of let LSU win cause that loss put more salt in the wound for the Louisana people. I mean come on, what is UT suspose to do lay down at halftime and not try? The they keep pointing out the obvious holding call against LSU in OT. However no one is pointing out that Jesse Mahelona was held in LSU's series in OT and nothing was called. I mean what does ESPN have against UT? Ever since they hyped up Charles Woodson for Hiesman they have been against UT, am I the only one that feels this way?

No you're not the only...

this just in: Skip Bayless is a moron.

Oh yea, not all hate us, in fact my favorite person to watch on ESPN is Woody Paige and he loves Tennessee, maybe thats because he is from Tennessee? Really Woody is a straight shooter and alot of people dont like him telling it like it is, because they cant face facts!

I have Woody to thank for making me feel a lil better yest...telling me that Les lost the game for us on Around the Horn...i hope this is a good learning experience for Les...this is the SEC and not many teams are goin to lay down like in the Big XII (see OU n.c. game)...NOW PICK IT UP!!!

I've never seen ESPN give Tennessee any kind of love.

Shows that ESPN has a little sense ;)

Seriously, much props to UT for coming back against LSU. The Tigers never should have allowed the comeback happen and that was an implosion on their part but UT gets credit for not giving up. They were rewarded with a win.

Edited by Pantherbert