ESPN hates UT

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing with Tennessee is every year we actually do have a chance to win with the talent we have, even though some of the coaches seem to be the best at wasting potential NFl talent year in and year out. I mean, Tennessee is the winningest program in the modern football era (1926-now), so I guess we do have a reason to think the way we do. <_<

The thing with Tennessee is every year we actually do have a chance to win with the talent we have, even though some of the coaches seem to be the best at wasting potential NFl talent year in and year out. I mean, Tennessee is the winningest program in the modern football era (1926-now), so I guess we do have a reason to think the way we do. :thumb:

Tennessee seems to always find a way to lose a game that talent would dictate a win, but alas it is a loss. Today, you must be able to win the early game against Florida to win the national championship. Tennessee may survive the SEC and still make it to that championship game (mostly because Florida typically gets beaten when they should not also), but by that time of the year (SEC championship game) it is too late to be in the hunt for the national championship with the one or two losses Tennessee seems to put up every year.

Tennessee seems to always find a way to lose a game that talent would dictate a win, but alas it is a loss. Today, you must be able to win the early game against Florida to win the national championship. Tennessee may survive the SEC and still make it to that championship game (mostly because Florida typically gets beaten when they should not also), but by that time of the year (SEC championship game) it is too late to be in the hunt for the national championship with the one or two losses Tennessee seems to put up every year.

That's why the NCAA needs to have a play-off system like basketball and other sports do. Losing the first game of the year shouldn't cost a team a chance to play for the National Championship. Some teams go undefeated and still don't have a chance to play in the title game. Auburn last year is a prime example.

Actually in the BCS system it is better to lose a game early in the season rather than losing a game in the last couple of games. So Tennessee is in better position for the national championship now then they would be if they would have lost a game in November.

Actually in the BCS system it is better to lose a game early in the season rather than losing a game in the last couple of games. So Tennessee is in better position for the national championship now then they would be if they would have lost a game in November.

Very true, but how many teams has ever played in the BCS NC with a loss? I can think of one right off, FSU against UT in 98!

Very true, but how many teams has ever played in the BCS NC with a loss? I can think of one right off, FSU against UT in 98!

FSU in 98

FSU in 00

Nebraksa in 01

LSU and OU in 03

FSU made it in front of another one-loss Miami team that had beaten FSU earlier that year.

Nebraska lost their last regular season game against Colorado and didn't even play in the Big 12 title game and OU got drumed by K-State in the Big 12 title game and still both made it.

Go figure.

FSU in 98

FSU in 00

Nebraksa in 01

LSU and OU in 03

FSU made it in front of another one-loss Miami team that had beaten FSU earlier that year.

Nebraska lost their last regular season game against Colorado and didn't even play in the Big 12 title game and OU got drumed by K-State in the Big 12 title game and still both made it.

Go figure.

Yea, I forgot about a few of those, but who did LSU to that year? I dont remember!