Union County beats Pigeon Forge 14-0!

UCHSPAtriots

Congratulations to the Patriots. Coming from a huge Tiger fan that should be hard to say, but a loss is easier to take when a better team hands it to you. Pigeon Forge probably has better, more physical athletes, but they left their hearts back in Pigeon Forge. Which I had assumed was a problem we were getting over. Regardless of who has more talent a good team is one that gets focused and ready to play. Not to at all discredit the great effort put forth by the Patriots. Union Co. wanted the win 1000 times more than the Tigers, and were deserving of it. #1 for Union Co. has amazing wheels, it would be a lot more fun to watch him if he wasn't breaking loose against my team though. B) Again great job Pats! As for Pigeon Forge, please guys, get ready to play from now on. I'm amazed at how pumped we can get for a non region game (G.P.), but are not at all up for an important region game. C'mon Tigers I know you're better than that!

Congratulations to the Patriots. Coming from a huge Tiger fan that should be hard to say, but a loss is easier to take when a better team hands it to you. Pigeon Forge probably has better, more physical athletes, but they left their hearts back in Pigeon Forge. Which I had assumed was a problem we were getting over. Regardless of who has more talent a good team is one that gets focused and ready to play. Not to at all discredit the great effort put forth by the Patriots. Union Co. wanted the win 1000 times more than the Tigers, and were deserving of it. #1 for Union Co. has amazing wheels, it would be a lot more fun to watch him if he wasn't breaking loose against my team though. :thumb: Again great job Pats! As for Pigeon Forge, please guys, get ready to play from now on. I'm amazed at how pumped we can get for a non region game (G.P.), but are not at all up for an important region game. C'mon Tigers I know you're better than that!

You have some good points. The PF players seemed ready to play at the start of the game on Defense and Offense. The defense stopped UC on their first drive and the offense drove down the field fairly well, until that botched 3rd and goal on the two yard line. From there.................. down hill.

Now where I disagree is that the PF players don't have the TOTAL responsibility regarding mental preparation, and offensive play calling. That responsibilty lies elsewhere. Eight interceptions in the last two games speaks volumes. PF can't complete the offensive pass plays that are being called. Try something else. For the most part PF was running the ball well. Why try the passes that they are trying when you clearly cannot complete them! There has been a consistency all year long with the offense.....There is no consistency! 31 Turnovers in the last five games. It is past time to try something else on offense, or go in another offensive direction. Don't you think! The PF football players deserve better than they are getting! All the responsibility DOES NOT lie on the shoulders of the PF players!

You have some good points. The PF players seemed ready to play at the start of the game on Defense and Offense. The defense stopped UC on their first drive and the offense drove down the field fairly well, until that botched 3rd and goal on the two yard line. From there.................. down hill.

Now where I disagree is that the PF players don't have the TOTAL responsibility regarding mental preparation, and offensive play calling. That responsibilty lies elsewhere. Eight interceptions in the last two games speaks volumes. PF can't complete the offensive pass plays that are being called. Try something else. For the most part PF was running the ball well. Why try the passes that they are trying when you clearly cannot complete them! There has been a consistency all year long with the offense.....There is no consistency! 31 Turnovers in the last five games. It is past time to try something else on offense, or go in another offensive direction. Don't you think! The PF football players deserve better than they are getting! All the responsibility DOES NOT lie on the shoulders of the PF players!

You are exactly right, and I do apologize to any player who may have thought that is what I intended. You were very kind not to out and out blame the coaches, which is what I think you may have been implying. I on the other hand do not mind saying they should have done a better job waking the kids up and that some play calling was questionable, and the delay of game problem needs to be taken care of. But, (there had to be a but in there.) would you not agree that when you start smelling football in the air, and any time you suit up you should get that feeling in your gut, that hunger for your next win, that drive, that pride of being anywhere near a football field. My old basketball coach always said, "you can't coach heart, it's either there or it's not." I don't think that is a cop out. Unfortunately there are some kids who have nothing better to do, so they play ball. P.F. does have a good group of guys, I just wish playing a sport meant as much to high school kids as it did when I was in school. Tiger players and coaches, I've not lost faith in you, just understand a fan like me takes as much pain in your losses as I do pride in your wins. :thumb: GO TIGERS

Edited by coachsbigfan