Campbell County At Bearden

BHSfootball

Congratulations to Bearden for an impressive win. Bearden totally exploited the Cougars' weaknesses scoring a TD with an exceptional 2-minute drill to end the 1st half with a 19-0 lead. It only got uglier after that. Bearden should be a force to deal with in the next few years with the number of underclassmen that played so well throughout the game, especially that soph QB.

For the fans that attended the game, have you ever witnessed a more pathetic excuse for an officiating crew? It certainly didn't effect the outcome of the game, but the guys in the striped shirts were ridiculous. Even the Bulldog press box guys (who were very gracious hosts) were scratching their heads trying to figure out some of the calls and ball placements.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow was my prediction ever wrong on this one, rainy game didn't get to go the brunnette wanted to play, didn't even get to listen on the radio. then i get to sneak in and check the scoreboard 41 - 0. i sure didn't expect a score like that. what happened? was it the air attack ground attack both. i gotta know. on a side note is anyone talking to wampler to get him back there to you guys? and if so would he come back (i know the ccchs faithful say yes) BUT my sources in the world of football that have talked to him that knows it wouldn't get back to ccchs land say nope for reasons that i will not put here (and of course rumors are rumors and some are right and most are wrong, everyone knows how 3rd party info is).

wow was my prediction ever wrong on this one, rainy game didn't get to go the brunnette wanted to play, didn't even get to listen on the radio. then i get to sneak in and check the scoreboard 41 - 0. i sure didn't expect a score like that. what happened? was it the air attack ground attack both. i gotta know. on a side note is anyone talking to wampler to get him back there to you guys? and if so would he come back (i know the ccchs faithful say yes) BUT my sources in the world of football that have talked to him that knows it wouldn't get back to ccchs land say nope for reasons that i will not put here (and of course rumors are rumors and some are right and most are wrong, everyone knows how 3rd party info is).

It was a rough outing for the Cougars JKar. A key play midway through the first quarter was perhaps the play of the game. Chris Johnson of the Cougars broke a run from the Cougar 35 yard line down to the Bearden 16, but the play was negated for a motion penalty. The Cougars were forced to punt after a sack and the Bulldogs took over on the Cougar 49. The Soph QB for Bearden hit a WR in stride and just like that the Dogs were up 7-0. In the 2nd quarter, CC mishandled the snap on a punt attempt and Bearden took over deep in Cougar territory and went on to score, 13-0. Late in the 2nd quarter, the Cougars penetrated the Bulldog 10 yd line but could not convert a 4th and short. With about 2 minutes to go, Bearden marched downfield on the arm of the Soph QB and some good runs and scored at the end of the half to go up 19-0. In the 2nd half, the Bulldogs had a short field 2x, once on a mishandled punt snap and again on a failed fake punt, incomplete pass.

Although it didn't really effect the outcome of the game, the officials were terrible. To compare them to the Three Stooges would be an insult to Moe, Larry & Curly.

It doesn't look promising for the Cougars as Science Hill comes to town next week, followed by a roadtrip to Dobyns-Bennett and then the season finale at home vs. Karns. This is a team that plays hard with alot of heart, but just can't convert their opportunities or get a break at a key junction of a game. They still have the opportunity to spoil someone's playoff dreams, but have to play a complete game and get a break or two. Too many dropped passes, missed blocks, blown coverages have put this team back in the cellar.

B)B)B)

I doesn't matter. None of this matters, because no matter who Bearden has, THEY WILL NEVER EVER BEAT FARRAGUT. BUt that Pickle kid is pretty good, like seriously, wow................I hear he might be going to play for the Big Orange at any position he wants. But gosh............what a player.