Govs travel the Parkway to Blankenship

orcats2005

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody keeps pointing to the weapons on offense, but this game will come down to which defense will rise to the occasion. On paper you would have to go with Oak Ridge's defense, but they haven't played the caliber of teams that WB has.

He is an offensive mastermind with one of the most experienced staffs in the state.

He better become a defensive mastermind. The last two games that Meadows has coached against Oak Ridge, Oak Ridge has put up 92pts. while his team has only put up 39pts, with much of that coming on with subs in game game after it had been long decided.

I'm sure coach Stevens knows that WB has the weapons to win, but I think he will have the defense up to the challenge and Oak Ridge will win by 2 touchdowns.

Meadows will have the Govs ready. He is an offensive mastermind with one of the most experienced staffs in the state. I look for WB to go deep in the playoffs the next several years.

I don't even know how to respond to this post. William Blount quit in the 3ed quarter against Maryville and the WB announcers on the playback even said that the WB Players were walking on and off the field. Meadows is a good coach but he is FAR from being a Mastermind and his staff is not the most experienced in the state. They are not even the most experienced in Blount County.

I hope WB wins this game and does well in the playoffs but they better get excited and play 4 quarters like they want to win. If they are not ready OR will destroy them.

I am still trying to figure out who GovMan "Class of 1980" is. I also was and "Original Governor". Tell me your positon and number and I'll see if I can figure it out. Judging from your other posts you must have been a Falcon before consolidation. I still miss Blount County Single A football. Those All blue uniforms FHS had at the end were really sharp. And when we played Townsend it looked like UT vs UK.

I'm pulling for the Govs but I think the 'Cats will take them. I think they can finish 3rd in the region.