CLOSED SCHOOLS

Red Rebels

I was thinking of all the closed schools that were good in Football and even some that were pretty bad. Do you remember these?

Rule-Golden Bears, Holston-Warriors, Everett-Bulldogs,

Porter-Panthers, Walland-Indians, Townsend-Tigers,

Friendsville-Falcons, Lanier-Eagles, Vonore-Blue Devils,

Madisonville-Golden Tornado(s), Charleston-?,

South-Young-Trojans

Edited by Red Rebels

Everett, Townsend and Walland closed when Heritage opened in 1977.

Porter, Friendsville, and Lanier closed when William Blount opened in 1979. What was strange is that when Porter closed those students went to Heritage and some of the Heritage students that came from the Fairview area went to William Blount.

Madisonville and Vonore were merged into Sequoyah.

I think the Knox City/County schools closed when the school systems merged.

In the Nashville area, there were the Donelson Dons, Two Rivers Pirates, Goodlettsville Trojans, the Howard Rebels to just name a few.

>Madison High School, Madison, The Rams, Orange and white colors. We had real rams at each game.

>Litton High School, Nashville, The Lions. Football power

in the 50s.

>East High School. Nashville,

rigger101,

You are bringing back some great memories. You are correct, Issac Litton was a power in the 50's and part of the 60's. Also, there was West High, Central High North High in Nashville. I cannot at this point in time remember the nicknames. Also, had some great games with the orange and white Madison Rams.

rigger101,

You are bringing back some great memories. You are correct, Issac Litton was a power in the 50's and part of the 60's. Also, there was West High, Central High North High in Nashville. I cannot at this point in time remember the nicknames. Also, had some great games with the orange and white Madison Rams.

I didn't play any HS games at Littons field, but I did play pee=wee and Jr high games there. Those areas use to be great places to live.