CLOSED SCHOOLS

Red Rebels

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2018 at 3:53 AM, rbullen57 said:

Taft Youth Center (Bledsoe) state juvenile center

Greenback played THERE in 1987,man what a wierd feeling to be locked up for three hours!Craziest place ive ever played at.Referees had zero control and told us so.Said as long as no fights break out protect yourself!Those boys werent very good a football but were tough as nails!Tried to hurt you every play.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 6:38 AM, orngnblk said:

Greenback played THERE in 1987,man what a wierd feeling to be locked up for three hours!Craziest place ive ever played at.Referees had zero control and told us so.Said as long as no fights break out protect yourself!Those boys werent very good a football but were tough as nails!Tried to hurt you every play.

I didn't know they ever actually played home games.  York was required to play them by the state throughout the 70's until early 80's  and that was always played in Jamestown.

5 hours ago, thatdevilforrest said:

I didn't know they ever actually played home games.  York was required to play them by the state throughout the 70's until early 80's  and that was always played in Jamestown.

1987 the year we won the state they locked us in that place and we played a whole game. i was told we were the one and only.It was a dump!Had to change in the gym,thet brought some people out to watch and they got in a fight and had to leave the field.Craziest place ive ever been!Everyone had to get patted down before getting on the field.

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2018 at 11:25 AM, thatdevilforrest said:

That is odd because Taft was never a TSSAA member.  TSSAA allowed teams to play them as a courtesy.