CLOSED SCHOOLS

Red Rebels

There is more than one Tony but they are all related. My Mother was a Resha. My Sister in law married Kevin Thomas class of 76.

My sister went to School at St Joe with the Resha clan from Goodletsville.

Yeah, that's them. I grew up in the dust of Peay Park, so the Resha's, the Thomas' (Melody and "Pokey") and even Jamie Denton (the actor) were some of the people I hung out with there. Goodlettsville wasn't that big back then and on the ballfield everybody knew everybody. There are probably several other names I could mention from the Gateway area that you would know (the Randolphs, Janco's, Brown's, Lawson's) that you might know.

When I said Tony I meant Stubblefield.

Edited by EZBeingGreen

U said it not me! :thumb:

Yeah, he's a Pastor in Cookeville. Has two of his Children serving in the National Guard! And his youngest is a Soph at Cookeville High. I just talked to him last night.

His parents live in my neighborhood. I haven't seen them in a while, but I remember them telling me that he was a pastor now that you mention it. "Kevin" (will always be "Pokey" to me), would know who I am.

Small world.

Edited by EZBeingGreen

All the Nashville schools you mentioned are now Middle schools. Cameron was the Panthers and won a Basketball state in the 70s. I played football for Cameron as an 7th and 8th grader after 15 years of it being gone. Most of the schools still have the same mascot they did at the time they were High Schools. Stadiums still exist as they did then but more run down now.

Did you wear the polka dots in basketball? :thumb:

Former Stratford High Spartan

No, But I did see pictures of those uniforms. Ugh!

We had a new Coach order Black, Orange #s and white trim and that only lasted one season. Guess who we looked like! We always had tuff games against the Spartans. I think we won 2 out of the three during my years. 76-78!

Edited by rigger101

No, But I did see pictures of those uniforms. Ugh!

We had a new Coach order Black, Orange #s and white trim and that only lasted one season. Guess who we looked like! We always had tuff games against the Spartans. I think we won 2 out of the three during my years. 76-78!

Yeah, baby! :thumb: