Copperhill

Dandridge (Now Jefferson County)

Ducktown

Etowah

Everett

Harrison-Chilhowee (NOW KING'S ACADEMY)

Holston Warriors

Kirkman

Knoxville Austin Panthers (Now Austin-East)

Knoxville East Mountaineers (Now Austin-East)

Knoxville Doyle Pioneers (Now South-Doyle)

Knoxville High School Trojans

Knoxville South Rockets

Knoxville South-Young Trojans (Merged South & Young, then Merged with Doyle to Form South-Doyle)

Knoxville Young Yellow Jackets

Lafollette Owls

Lake City Lakers

Lanier

Madisonville

Maury Hornets (Now Jefferson County)

Mountain City

Nashville Cameron

Nashville Howard

New Market (Now Jefferson County)

Pocohantas

Porter Panthers

Powell Valley

Rogersville

Rule Golden Bears

Spring City

Stair Tech Engineers

Sullivan

Surgoinsville

Tennessee Military Institute Cadets

Walland Indians

White Pine (Now Jefferson County)

Whitesburg (Merged with Morristown-East)

hmmm...Whitesburg doesn't ring a bell...I'll find out from a trusted source if that school's ever been anything but an elementary...

Wallace? Mooney? That's going back a few years. And in today's trivia question, Mooney is the predecessor of what current school? First prize is an June Bowen authographed demerit slip.

And if you mention Cathedral, you need to add St. Bernard's.

I beleive Mooney was a predecessor to BGA. Looks like demerit hall for me.

Some of those schools I've never actually heard of, like Cathedral, but I found them on the TSSAA website. St Bernard's is still around, though, as a K-8 school.

Big Daddy,

Burchfield is around my age (33) or that of my younger brother who played for Rutledge in the mid 90s (31) and then she played at WSCC...the first three's were in 87 or 88 if memory serves for high school and most elementary and middle schools.

[/quot

KevB,

You are right with the year. Katrina Burchfield was the first girl to hit a three in Tennessee high school history for Horace Maynard, and Chris Washam also from Horace Maynard hit the first three pointer in Tennessee high school history for the boys. The opponent was Wynn of Habersham, and the date was November 12, 1987.

My Grandfather was Harry Resha and my mother Becky Resha and you? :D

Rigger, I let Cathy know you had asked about the Resha's...we've been friends for years and years and years.... I mean, she IS getting close to grandmotherhooddom! Told her how to get to CoachT and find your message. I'm sure if she thinks about returning to CoachT she will send you an email! :D

Oh yeah, and

How bout them Bobcats??? :D

Edited by EZBeingGreen

Was just talking about your grandfather and mother last night. My grandfather was Joseph Resha, cousin to your g/father. I graduated from G'ville in 79. My brother is Toby, you probably remember him. You and a friend of mine (ezbeinggreen) were discussing g'ville and madison and she is the one who told me about you. We've got so many cousins running around out there its hard to keep up with them all :D What is your name? If you don't want to answer that here e-mail me at [email protected]

Was just talking about your grandfather and mother last night. My grandfather was Joseph Resha, cousin to your g/father. I graduated from G'ville in 79. My brother is Toby, you probably remember him. You and a friend of mine (ezbeinggreen) were discussing g'ville and madison and she is the one who told me about you. We've got so many cousins running around out there its hard to keep up with them all :D What is your name? If you don't want to answer that here e-mail me at [email protected]

"The Central gym was way ahead of it's time, with all seating above the playing floor, made it an excellent place for the players to play bball.Never heard it called a bath tub, although it did have tile walls."

When was the Central gym built? My recalls of some events "back when" are not what they ought to be. My unclear memory tells me that I saw at least one of my older siblings play district tournament in that gym no later than 1949 and possibly earlier. A slightly less unclear memory says that I, too, played in the gym, both during the regular season and when the 19th District Tournament was held there in 1953. Weren't the 19th District Tournaments held there for several years? My memory is clear on seeing tournament play there during the 1960s. (Before Davidson County/Nashville became Metro, the city schools were 18th District, the county schools were 19th District.)