CLOSED SCHOOLS

Red Rebels

In Pairs the two school that played football in the county was E.W. GROVE Blue Devils colors blue and white .And the Central High Tigers colors gold and black. There other small county schools that did not play football Springville Panthers the Puryear Hornets the Buccann Wildcats ,Henry Pirets ,Cottage Grove Cardnals They all make up Henry county high school

• 3 years later...

Lanier High School's last year of football was the 1978 season. Lanier and Friendsville who were rivals, were consolidated into William Blount for the 1979 football season.

Lanier_Eagles_zpsaeb4341c.jpg

Here are some "what if they were still around" helmets. Of course they could probably copy almost any Oregon design as long as it didn't have duck bill.

Edited by Red Rebels
  • Upvote 1

I remember Tony and Dennis. Yes, actually I still have contact with Toby/Joey's (Resha) family. One of their sisters lives in Greenbrier. Not sure which Thomas you are talking about tho.

Ah, yes. Forgot about Castle Heights! Majestic old place.

Bobby Majors & Rusty Melvin played at Castle Heights.

• 2 weeks later...

E.W. Grove High School in Paris was consolidated with Central High School (the old black school) to form what is now Henry County High School in 1969. Both of those schools had long standing successful football traditions. No idea what their uniforms would look like nowadays, though. That was before my time.

Other schools consolidated with the two mentioned above were Puryear High, Henry High, Springville High, Buchanan High, and Cottage Grove High, all of which were rural county schools. Doubt any of them even had football programs back then.